It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhh....Video States More Than Half Of Millennials Are Going Through "Quarter Life Crisis"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The millennials are just beginning to become politically aware. Things will change no matter how much you deride and mock them. They know media and organization.

You reap what you sow...Corinthians 6.7
edit on 13-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Kudos to you ..... But the millennial generation has been wrapped

in cotton wool for too long and get their feelings hurt very easily.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I figure I go through a life crisis about every couple of years. And I'm as old as rocks.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Life doesn't owe you a job in any field of your choosing. That's part of the problem right there. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. You want significant changes to the government pension machine? Great! So do I, vote against union mollycoddlers and keep your fingers crossed the SCOTUS does the right thing and ends the conflict of interest known as public sector unions this spring. Also, sometimes you need to move far, far from your childhood home to find a job you desire. Not a huge demand for graphic artists and physical trainer BA degrees in rural America... just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yup. As a Mill I spend my days interacting with the leadership for my local city council and every opportunity I get I engage with the local voting population to teach them about where our money is going.

Mainly to pensions. The elephant in the room.

A lot of people are becoming aware of this and the double dipping from the older genrrations and a lot of us want to put the breaks on it... Especially when they speak to us like this.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm a millennial, and I have to say I know lots of people who can't seem to cope with their current life situation.

But in all honesty, I never really had a chance to 'complain' during my stressful times around 23 - 27, I just did what I had to do to survive.

31 now and I am test driving Cadillacs for potential next vehicle. Some of these people need to be told to just suck it up.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ive lived all over the country and I'm none of the things you list.

Telling me in not guaranteed a job that at least buys me a roof over my head and puts on the table is aaking for a lot of trouble.

What do young men do when they cant eat or find a place to sleep?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ooooo the next group v group is between the generations....
Everyone should stop being so stubborn and understand dialog and compromise has to happen or you will tear each other apart.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Shakespeare got there first;

I would there were no age between sixteen and three-and-twenty, or that youth would sleep out the rest, for there is nothing in the between but getting wenches with child, wronging the ancientry, stealing, fighting.

William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act III, Scene 3, lines 59-63.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

The problem is that the older generations think se had it as easy as them so they wont listen.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
One of the weakest generations by far.

And definitely the fattest.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cigarettes

Well, when the previous generations work really hard to make things easier for their children than they had it themselves, this is what happens.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'd say they're all about equal.

Go to any professional setting and you'll see a diverse age range.

Same for fast food.

Oh and most all buy into the two same parties politically.

They're all doomed.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Telling me in not guaranteed a job that at least buys me a roof over my head and puts on the table is aaking for a lot of trouble.

Really?? What kind of trouble is that?

What exactly makes you think that you are entitled to a job that buys a roof over your head & puts food on the table?

You are entitled to work, if you are legally able to do so.
If you can't put together enough funds from your work to buy a roof over your head or feed yourself, sorry that's on you.

Maybe you need to work harder or get an additional job like everyone else does.

People can usually find shelter & food (Churches, friends, family etc).
Living that way or not wanting to live that way, is usually the motivation to improve your income/spending situation.

edit on 3/13/2018 by OrganizedChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Cigarettes

Well, when the previous generations work really hard to make things easier for their children than they had it themselves, this is what happens.

Good point. If you go to the poor parts of any town you won't find any older people. Only millennials.

They all had well off parent but obviously couldn't handle the real world.

Joking aside, most people don't make as much money when they're young... That comes with experience.

I'm thirty, I've been on my own since 18 and have done fine. My friends and I make good money now and all have professional jobs.

Any fast food joint has about the same mix of workers age wise, same for any other entry level job.

I've managed at plenty of companies with about half the employees older than me.

But you're proving my point true about society. Because something must be pretty wrong if some (and only some) of older generations try and belittle the very generation the birthed to act like they're high and mighty.

Some contribution you're giving.
edit on 13-3-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I missed being called a generation Z.

I frakking hate the term millenial. So many bad apples that make my generation a shameful resentment.

So glad I had hard ass parents that taught me how to grow up. I wouldnt have made it this far in life.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
LMAO quarter life crisis.. WTF is that? They all want jobs with paid time off and sick days. and only want to work certain hours that are convenient to them.

Then the cry that there are no jobs LMAO... When I was in my 20s I had 3 jobs. If I called in sick I missed that 5$ an hour and they were pissed at me.

They think that in their 20s they should get paid as much as the guy thats been there 20 years.

Such an entitled generation...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I had a garbage job with little job prospects racing towards being homeless, so I joined the military learned a skill, got money for college.

Been able to keep a roof over my head for 20 years completed my BS with zero student loan debt, and I am about to move on in a new career direction.

I have lived all over the country, and over seas, I have a kid due in Sept and folks keep asking me where am I going to get a job and I keep replying I will go where ever I can get work to take care of my family even if I have to leave them in the house in Oklahoma and live elsewhere.

Many folks want that 6 figure salary in their home town about 5 mins from their home and if someone has that they are probably running their own buisness or they got power ball winning type lucky.

===================== General comments coming=============

Ive seen a lot of excuses in this thread, but there are still options out there that allow you to take care of your family.

I have friends in Florida keep asking why dont I move back to FL, I keep saying I cant afford to live there I can afford to live in the fly over states.

People dont like to make that choice either, They want their disney finish perfect home perfect weather perfect job, instead of going what skills do I have where can I make money at that, and where can the money I make allow me to live well.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oh look, another "millennial" bashing thread.

Just remember folks, some of us do have a spine, and some of us can stand on our own two feet. We don't all live with our parents in their basement, and we haven't all had what you'd term an "easy life".

Keep that in mind when you broadly paint all "millennials" with the same brush.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's time for a zombie apocalypse!

Cull the herd!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join