It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Disclosure; why the government and insiders are afraid to tell us what is going on

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I believe the idea of a "breakaway civilization" originally came from the writings of Richard Dolan. It is obvious hyperbole that some people have taken literally.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I believe the idea of a "breakaway civilization" originally came from the writings of Richard Dolan. It is obvious hyperbole that some people have taken literally.

There may also be some lingering holdover from the fantastic tales of underwater or Hollow Earth civilizations that were all the rage around the turn of the last century. People watching too much Buck Rogers fighting against the technologically advanced civilizations of Atlantis or Mu or Shangri-la, and so on.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: blueman12

Why does the human race need disclosure to grow? Again, why do you need the government of all things to tell you what is real? Everyime a new spices is discovered, you need the government to disclose its existence to believe? Is there not a group of extraterrestrial biologists look for extraterrestrial life? Is there not armies of grass roots ufologists?

We've covered this issue already, in depth, several times. Why it is still coming up is a mystery. The issue is not what you think you know, or what some group maintains is Reality. If that's the level of your proof and the limit to your curiosity, by all means listen to Steven Greer or any other pundit who thinks he has it all figured out and be content. But even people who feel they have an in-depth knowledge of the issue are calling for government Disclosure. Using your reasoning, why should they even bother? After all, they already know and who needs government to tell them that?

It is because the suspicion is that government, or more correctly, elements within the government and even private industry, have amassed a great deal of knowledge and information which, if disclosed, could transform our lives and solve some of our most serious problems. If we have already back-engineered anti-grav propulsion, for example, why do we continue to light off rockets to put satellites into space? If we actually can "take ET home," why are we spending billions to take a very slow trip to Mars? It's a waste of resources. Frankly, I don't think this can be explained by the usual appeal to power and greed. I suspect the Culture of Secrecy is terribly difficult to unravel and also, that this is an immoral and unethical situation. Proponents of secrecy have no right to withhold this information. It's not for them to decide for the rest of us. And I am of the opinion that this withheld information contains some of the most transformative ideas we have ever heard. In terms of allowing "us to grow," it's a matter of staying in the Dark Ages versus Enlightenment. We may not actually need Disclosure to grow, but it has the potential of providing us an enormous boost.

I mean...you've basically stated a breakaway civilization...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DOACSTribe

Now you wish to argue definitions?

Think we are all perfectly aware as to what constitutes a breakaway civilization in the context of this thread.

Like i said, mate the logistics alone would make such an endeavor almost an impossibility precluding the premise that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic of course.

The bankers, military industrial complex, and corporations are a form of a breakaway class of people, but not a civilization.

We know what the Moon or Earth is or isn't because of science, mathematics, and even direct contact and observation. FACT!

Not directed at you in particular but....gosh SMH! I see why it's so easy to fool us!

You're sitting here arguing logistics for a civilization probably hundreds of years, if not thousands of years, in advance of us.

The post before yours, the guy suggested technology being suppressed which is far advanced of what we have access too. If they have tech which enables them to leave the galaxy, dimension, etc., they are a BREAKAWAY CIVILIZATION bro. The key is do they have technology which leaves the common person in the dust?

And no, you or I do NOT know what the moon or the earth is. All we can do is take the word of OTHERS.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Does breakaway civilizations not explain our situation better than any other theory?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DOACSTribe

so classy that breakaway civ.
use the fruits of the earth, and skip town before they pay the bill.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I also think that "Breakaway Civilizations" idea was influenced by Carpenter's "They Live!"

Anyway, great thought provoking thread Schuyler. It doesn't matter whether people agree or disagree with you. You put a lot of effort to bring us this post and it deserves a star and flag for that alone.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOACSTribe

Does breakaway civilizations not explain our situation better than any other theory?
I mean...you've basically stated a breakaway civilization...

No, it does not and I have not. It's complete hyperbole. What I have described is a group of people who are holding secrets. This group does not constitute any sort of "civilization" any more than the group of workers who developed the atomic bomb in secret constituted a "civilization." Even the armed forces as a group, several million strong with a lot of their own facilities separate from the civilian sector, is not considered a "breakaway civilization." They are part of OUR civilization. The term may sound kinda cool to those who enjoy using it, but when you break down what they are trying to say, it's meaningless.
edit on 3/16/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Was just about to post my thoughts then realised you have already made a similar point in this post.

The realisation that all religions are part of the control mechanism manipulated (if not instigated) by the other intelligence may actually cause widespread public disorder. More likely though slow confusion leading to a power vacuum that no doubt will be filled by some cult.

Obviously your OP puts a very limited definition on disclosure, your thread your call but I would like to make the distinction between the disclosure of information and conclusions following exhaustive research. Obviously the US Govt hasn't released all information but considering the disciplines that would have to be covered to reach conclusions I don't think they have the answers. So far those investigations seem to have taken either a military angle or a "hard" scientific tack, "hard" in that not truly scientific as not willing to go where the science really points.

Maybe the type of disclosure that most people seem to have in mind is as likely to come from the Catholic church as it is a Govt, or actually that in effect it has already occurred, that it is up to each individual to obtain definitive proof and that was the point of the whole game anyway !
edit on 17-3-2018 by chunder because: grammar

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Tha problem is, they call it "UFO'S, ALIEN LIFE, Et..."
When in Reality they are Old Demons. They not from Outer Space, they were kicked out of Heaven. "MEN OF OLD, MEN OF RENOWN:" Governments working with Demons.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Bemoaning the lack of disclosure from governments presupposes that those governments actually know something about UFOs (other than "yeah, we've faked a bunch of them") and are keeping it secret.

This possibility cannot be ruled out and must be a major part in the consideration of this so-called "disclosure problem."

Harte

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The Problem with Disclosure; why the government and insiders are afraid to tell us what is going on
Keeping a secret at all cost, in the end, will cost us, everything. Yes, I have said it before.

Some of the posters and you have brought up some very critical points.

Why? why not just come out and spill the beans? As you have pointed out, everything would change. The global power structure would be destroyed. The entire global power structure, would be destroyed! We are living in a "Rigged System".

There is a chance, better than most, that we, as pointed out earlier, are a species of reincarnation. And if one knew the secrets of that process and could manipulate it at will, you could control reality.

All the parts to the puzzle must fit, regardless of our ability, or lack, to comprehend those parts. Ancient history, and the political atmosphere presently seen must be understandable.

There can be little doubt that humanities origins are dark with ignorance. Ask yourselves why it is not generally accepted that ""We" are the product of a genetic marriage of the previous indigenous species? Again, there can be little doubt that our DNA has been manipulated. Logically, humanity should have a unbroken record of our history. But, we are told we only use 20 % of our brains and are incapable to comprehend.

So, for what purpose were we created? The ancient cuneiform records indicate we were created as a slave species to mine gold. But was that the only reason? Or, maybe another reason was found, another way to exploit the slave species?? Enki himself stated mankind would be taught knowledge up to the secrets of heaven and earth, and that one sector of earth would be restricted from us. Why? What would be hidden from the slaves??

I have read it often mankind is not ready for the truth, and I believe, that truth, is never going to be revealed, at all costs. Regardless of how peaceful and loving we become. Politically, there will always be strife, hatred, wars, inequality. Its part of the game. It is there to keep us from uniting for the truth.

We live in a system fabricated for illusion. We are pawns on the global stage. But who is behind the curtain pulling the strings? Who directs this puppet show, in secret(from that sector that is restricted)? Who directs "Reincarnation"? Enki with his savants obviously understood how reincarnation worked. Are we spiritual slaves, as well?? Are we directed to our new life, or is it by choice??

Besides, what is the big deal? We are (almost) a space faring culture.
Almost. If you re read Enkis lost book you will see those areas will not be taught. We were warned once to stay on script with the moon, its off limits! Will we be allowed to travel to Mars? Obviously not. There will be a war or assassination to discourage that.

As long as the "Restricted" area remains as such, the secret will remain. Do not be fooled by emissary's, they are enforcing the ignorance, and the secret. And they will never reveal themselves, it would ruin their game.

What is the game?

On one side, the oldest, secret keeping, and on the other, disclosure. Disclosure, of what?? Not of UFO's and aliens, but of a system of ignorance. A system of game playing, or maybe Reincarnation role playing. Why is it some people can "Remember" past lives while others are oblivious to it? Why are some born into influential families who keep the blood line pure, while others are pitted with lives of servitude? Science can only go so far, then its useless. But what science has provided us is the undeniable, there were two sets of Adams and eves. And this is exposed by blood typing. Enki himself told us, the oldest of humans, those RH+ mother and father were named "Adama and Ti-amat. Enki's direct mating with the RH+ produced Adapa and TiTi. They were, and I suspect still are Enki's Chosen, RH-. And I suspect it is they are who inherited the Earth, and the Secret Sector, to do with, as they pleased. And they were taught ALL the secrets of heaven and earth, and I suspect, reincarnation.... (Greek and Roman Gods sound familiar?) They then would have split loyalties...

Enki, Enlil, and Anu knew their was a "Divine Creator" who would be displeased if his creation was corrupted, and it has. It is they who continued the corruption in disrespect and defiance to the Divine and taught their offspring the same. They also knew, they were to teach all knowledge! And I believe that, is the real reason why there will be no "Disclosure".

If the following were true, it would be the "Chosen" who role play....... and the slaves who play the parts...

Again, my loyalty goes to those who work for unification, not division, regardless of blood type.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

Maybe the type of disclosure that most people seem to have in mind is as likely to come from the Catholic church as it is a Govt, or actually that in effect it has already occurred, that it is up to each individual to obtain definitive proof and that was the point of the whole game anyway !

Very good point. It may be that other organizations have a great deal of knowledge they ave kept hidden themselves. The Vatican has a very big basement which could be holding some "treasures" we've never considered.

originally posted by: Harte
Bemoaning the lack of disclosure from governments presupposes that those governments actually know something about UFOs (other than "yeah, we've faked a bunch of them") and are keeping it secret.

This possibility cannot be ruled out and must be a major part in the consideration of this so-called "disclosure problem."

Granted. The whole idea of "Disclosure" begs the question that there is something to disclose. The reason I am inclined to believe it is the great number of witnesses who have come forward. Quite frankly, in my opinion some of them are complete bozos. Dan Burisch comes to mind. Also, it's quite obvious some of them are the fabled disinfo agents. I am loathe to say that except that in some cases they've admitted it, e.g. Richart Doty. But there are dozens, if not hundreds of folks that I simply do not believe are nutcases who have discussed parts of this openly. IN that sense I suppose you really could say 'Disclosure has happened' and most people simply do not know it.

But just knowing they are here is not really enough. The hints are that there is sufficient technology to save the planet and travel to the stars. So let's get cracking! we're wasting precious time if these guys are holding out on us.
edit on 3/17/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

They Live is great movie!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

But just knowing they are here is not really enough. The hints are that there is sufficient technology to save the planet and travel to the stars.

We have sufficient technology to maintain a habitable planet as it is but I assume you mean in terms of continuing to increase supply of energy and resources. It is our evolution that has caused the problem and ultimately (being optimistic) will solve it. Sure, a little help to accelerate that wouldn't go amiss.

You can take the travel hints either way, personally I think the known evidence hints in the opposite direction but if you take travel as being the ability to transport a consciousness from one place to another I'll go with it.

But just knowing is perhaps all they've got, so once they admit that what then ?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

"Again, my loyalty goes to those who work for unification, not division, regardless of blood type."

The information age in which we live will bring about the unification of our race, whether we choose to accept it or not, kicking and screaming if need be within the next 50-100 years.

It's the social division, class war, and religious intolerance that holds us back and prevents us from the realization of our full potential as a species.

Fact is that a significant percentage of our respective populations are simply not ready to even address some of the larger questions that pertain to our universe nevermind accept the premise that life exists in other places and realms.

But the times they are a changing.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The information age in which we live will bring about the unification of our race, whether we choose to accept it or not, kicking and screaming if need be within the next 50-100 years.
Thank you.

You might be holding more faith in "Information", than I.

"Some" might think I'm very liberal and too open minded in some of my scientific opinions. Not true. I am first and foremost a extreme critique. And why? Because I have seen out and out lies being propagated as truths. I have seen fairy tales being created and fed to the public instead of reality. So I must revert back to the basics, as I have learned, there are ulterior motives for this.

Dissecting information to its core, to its genesis.

Sitchin, got it wrong, why?

Is Sitchin correct – Is Nibiru a 12th planet that passes through our solar system every 3600 years? Did the Sumerians know this? Unfortunately for Sitchin and his followers, the answer to each of these questions is no.
Sitchin's Nibiru Hypothesis

I find it virtually impossible that Zecharia Sitchin made a mistake of this magnitude, accidentally. Therefore, the opposite, must be true. He intentionally lead people astray. The "Why" is found in who he was, and what he represented.

Then there is this.

Peer review is the process that decides whether your work gets published in an academic journal. It doesn't work very well any more, mainly as a result of the enormous number of papers that are being published (an estimated 1.3 million papers in 23,750 journals in 2006). There simply aren't enough competent people to do the job. The overwhelming effect of the huge (and unpaid) effort that is put into reviewing papers is to maintain a status hierarchy of journals. Any paper, however bad, can now get published in a journal that claims to be peer-reviewed.
Publish-or-perish: Peer review and the corruption of science

Although most scientists accept the usefulness of the peer review process, several operational issues can compromise it (e.g., conflicts of interest). Today’s essay examines some current problems in peer review that are encouraged by the corruption within modern scientific research (see: “More Hidden Dishonesty in Science is Uncovered!”). I am talking here about deceitful lies and outright cheating!
ON CORRUPTION IN THE PEER REVIEW PROCESS! DOES IT MATTER?

Corruption in Science News Articles Excerpts of Key Corruption in Science News Articles in Media

Federal decision makers need access to the best available science in order to craft policies that protect our health, safety, and environment.

Unfortunately, censorship of scientists and the manipulation, distortion, and suppression of scientific information have threatened federal science in recent years.

This problem has sparked much debate, but few have identified the key driver of political interference in federal science: the inappropriate influence of companies with a financial stake in the outcome.

A new UCS report, Heads They Win, Tails We Lose, shows how corporations influence the use of science in federal decision making to serve their own interests.
How Corporations Corrupt Science at the Public's Expense (2012)

I could go on and on and on, and even considered a separate thread, but the take away point is, we live in a corrupted society, world. And our "Information" is corrupted. The question then becomes, who or what is corrupting this world? And, what is the truth of these and many other subjects.

kicking and screaming if need be within the next 50-100 years.
Now you might start to see why people will kick and scream, they need the truth, not fairy tales, not politically correct agendas, not lied to, not, a New World Order. People instinctively know about the dishonesty but choose to follow it because they are offered no other alternative.

It's the social division, class war, and religious intolerance that holds us back and prevents us from the realization of our full potential as a species.
Social Division, a creation. Class war, a creation, religious intolerance, a creation! And who, are the creators of this self destructive mindset? And who, enforce this, in secret?

Jack Ruby put it in a way people could understand. But it isn't only the Kennedy assassination. People in high positions, regardless, of where they reside. Jack, was speaking of the unseen corruption. Did he know the full extent of the corruption? Probably not.

I'm afraid the world does not have 50 or 100 years left! The "Rothchild's" are moving to a One Word Currency that will mean the death of freedom, globally.

Fact is that a significant percentage of our respective populations are simply not ready
The simple fact is, they never will be, under the present system, under the present secret system. They can not make good decisions based in fairy tales and fiction, and secret agendas. And this goes back to our genesis as a species. The truth is a very ugly thing, but it will set us free... It is secrecy itself, that is the true enemy!

God, the Divine creator hid nothing from us, its all in plain sight, if, we are allowed to see it!

Thank you for your reply, it was thoughtful.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think lots of people are confusing the issue by tossing in unrelated ideas.

First off if you're assuming ET (aka aliens) well...Alien means alien.
They will not think like us, will not make judgements like us, will not value what we value. So aligning contact requirements with humans being non-violent, supposing that governments won't disclose cause ET's will bring us anything such as free energy ect...are ALL non-starters.

Alien means alien.
In understanding that we can assume NOTHING.

For the Interdimensional aspect, again...no they DON'T have to play by our rules of physics. And if that way of thinking is your persuasion (that they are inter dimensional) again, they are far removed from how we think, how we act, an all the rest.

Lots of assumptions keep getting tossed into the mix an makes the entire topic unmanageable. What in truth we are dealing with either way is an "Unknown" that has left multiple clues yet no hard evidence for the layperson. Any hard evidence my or may not be in the possession of our governments or military.

What we DO know is since random people keep being contacted or involved unwillingly is that whatever the "Unknown" is, no authority has been able to stop or interfere with that. Frankly it has to be driving the authorities nuts, so we keep seeing attempts at disinformation. Really it's about all they can do.

If you add up all the interactions we pretty much know as much as any authority anyways. The "Unknown" can be physical, it can be non-physical. It can use whatever works on whatever person to make you see what the individual can handle. It comes an goes randomly. Sometimes a person is contacted more than once, others get "drive-by's" an other humans are of no interest to them at all.

About all we haven't got a lock on is their agenda, an I don't think any government does either. More of what they are or where they come from "may" be info known, but maybe not. Since individuals have been lied to by the "Unknowns" pretty consistently what would make anyone think that any authority figure was exempt from that? So in reality the government can only release more falsehoods cause that's what they've also been fed.

Schuyler you've outdone yourself with this thread!
S&F

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Very good point. It may be that other organizations have a great deal of knowledge they ave kept hidden themselves. The Vatican has a very big basement which could be holding some "treasures" we've never considered.

Granted. The whole idea of "Disclosure" begs the question that there is something to disclose. The reason I am inclined to believe it is the great number of witnesses who have come forward. Quite frankly, in my opinion some of them are complete bozos. Dan Burisch comes to mind. Also, it's quite obvious some of them are the fabled disinfo agents. I am loathe to say that except that in some cases they've admitted it, e.g. Richart Doty. But there are dozens, if not hundreds of folks that I simply do not believe are nutcases who have discussed parts of this openly. IN that sense I suppose you really could say 'Disclosure has happened' and most people simply do not know it.

But just knowing they are here is not really enough. The hints are that there is sufficient technology to save the planet and travel to the stars. So let's get cracking! we're wasting precious time if these guys are holding out on us.

Yes, lots and lots of people have claimed to have seen something.

But that doesn't mean that any government knows more about the subject than they've told us.

Harte

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes, lots and lots of people have claimed to have seen something.

But that doesn't mean that any government knows more about the subject than they've told us.

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. My bad. Lots of witnesses are saying they have been involved in the government cover up and seen something or participated in disinformation while working with the government. I wasn't thinking of your average "witness" walking down the street. I think there are a sufficient number of these witnesses to point to a cover-up. I really think we're well beyond the "Prove they know something" stage.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join