It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Disclosure; why the government and insiders are afraid to tell us what is going on

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Heaven/hell is even more silly than IDH or ETH, a lot more silly.

I've at times suspected there is something terrible that we don't know about this reality. One thing I agree with is that the reason for secrecy is more than just ETH or IDH. It may be something outrageous such as they feed on us, physically or mentally. Many thousands of unexplained disappearances each year that are never solved. Maybe they can control us like puppets if so desired. What if there is really no such thing as insanity or psychosis and it has nothing to do with the person dealing with it? It may be that we are prisoners within a simulation and an even more terrible and difficult reality awaits our return to the outside. Now those are things that would scare the hell out of me.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter
I've at times suspected there is something terrible that we don't know about this reality. One thing I agree with is that the reason for secrecy is more than just ETH or IDH. It may be something outrageous such as they feed on us, physically or mentally.

How about this? None of us are actually a singular person, but rather we're made up of a mish-mash of thousands of smaller individual chunks that together mimic what we understand to be a "personality." And these chunks don't even properly live in our reality, but rather have attached themselves to people as a kind of mental conveyance for amusement.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Willtell
These “aliens” if real are not hiding.
In fact, I think they may be deliberately showing themselves to us for some reason.

True-true. Considering all the people who have seen legitimate UFOs, these aliens are terrible at remaining unseen. The only things they're really good at are vanishing and leaving few if any physical traces.

Otherwise, it's ridiculous how often they've been seen.

I don’t know whether they're just showing off but it's interesting to think about WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THEY DOING?

My guess is that one thing they're doing the is hanging around to catch those WMDs when they start flying around.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter

Heaven/hell is even more silly than IDH or ETH, a lot more silly.

They're not really comparable at all. Heaven and Hell are religious concepts, of course, and in Christianity are used as the carrot and stick to force human behavior. I would think most people understand that well enough. ETH and IDH are theories which attempt to explain the presence of ET. That idea is not particularly difficult either. But the idea that ET is here to feed on us is the silliest of all. “V” wasn’t even very good science fiction. My contention is that the IDH/ETH is an insufficient reason for preventing Disclosure.

Indeed, the ETH is expected and has been for at least 70 years, nearly three generations. If ET has not been here, well, then, we’ve been out there along with Captains Kirk and Janeway. The Vatican is on board, and I remember reading that a few Imams have no fundamental problem with the idea either. I’ve enumerated several reasons why the government has the No-Disclosure stance and have read several more here. Grant Cameron, author of “Managing Magic; the government’s UFO Disclosure Plan” lists 64 reasons why Disclosure hasn’t happened.

They’re all silly. So where’s the beef?

The answer is that Reality must be far different than we have imagined. ET knows this, and if we “Disclose” the presence of ET, part of the explanation involves where they are from and what they are doing here. The answer to those questions is what the problem is. ET by himself is not. The answer must be an existential threat. The answer must question the entire scientific paradigm AND the religious paradigm of the world’s biggest religions. Both will have to take a hit. Now, what could that be?

Heaven and Hell, the Garden of Eden, even the tale of Noah are all metaphors. They tell stories to pre-literate people. They are simplistic. Taking them literally is simplistic. Calling them silly is also simplistic. You need to get beyond the metaphor in an attempt to figure out what the issues are. It’s one of those Plato’s Cave scenarios where you are trying to interpret two-dimensional shadows to understand what is outside the cave.

The basic idea that is so bothersome is this: We really do have what amounts to souls. When we die we leave our earthly bodies behind and our souls are in the next realm. Religious people think this realm constitutes Heaven where they will go, condemning other people, but never themselves, to Hell. Now remember that Heaven and Hell are silly and simplistic. The next “Realm,” if you will, is much more complex, and its Truths are much more mind-blowing than a simplistic belief that, for example, “Jesus is Lord,” or “72 Virgins” is your reward.

The Scientific Establishment, of course, thinks all this is silly. To a materialist Science is God in that Science will eventually be able to explain everything without reference to spirits and silly beliefs. Many of you are in this category. You scoff and cry BS pretty much a priori without considering the issue at all deeply. The fact is that’s the reality of our culture. Those are the belief levels we espouse as a group, and most of us are unwilling to consider that we might all of us be very very wrong about the fundamental structure of Reality.

Now along comes ET and says, “You guys are all wrong. You have souls. When you die you go to the next realm where you will learn the Truth of all this, and most all of you will reincarnate and go through this stuff again and again, and by the way, we’re the managers of this little project and are able to traverse these realms at will. And you don’t have a choice in the matter. In other words, welcome your new overlords."

I’m thinking that kind of revelation wouldn’t go over too well. The Scientific Establishment would be shaken to its very core. It turns out the religions they all hate and despise were closer to the truth than they were. And the religions would have to put a new spin on things once they found out their Heaven and Hell schtick was, well, silly. Plus we’ve got these ET guys who can perform what amounts to magic and are capable of kicking our butts back to the stone age if they really wanted.

So, yeah. No wonder the government does not want to Disclose. In this context, it makes sense.
edit on 3/22/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The problem with all this “certainty” of science is that some things have to be experienced, not merely known by theory.

An analogy is a puberty. We can explain it intellectually but until you experience those hormones and the resulting chemical reactions you are ignorant basically.

Science presumes all knowledge is one-dimensional and empirically that’s just not the case.

The reason some forms of knowledge are primarily experiential to be useful is that they have to do with internal dynamics of the human being...

The ETH/IDH theory, for instance, is something that is apparently relevant to the above postulation.

It has to be experienced to be known just like puberty.

edit on 22-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
really good post!!

if you make the assumption, that ETs/UFOs are real and that "they" are hiding them or something. the big question is why?
and how?

maybe in the 50s, 60s even 70s maybe people couldnt accept it, but in 2018?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

How about this? None of us are actually a singular person

So that's why I often feel conflicted inside!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well if the ufo phenemon was an actual threat, it would be 911 times a 1000 if ample evidence were, and yet, you got supposed inferno beleiving Satanists believing in fairies and wood elves in Satan stead.

I beleive the government acknowledge s it, in the most subtle of ways, even though it never direct.

However, the day we actually understand these thing or come close to them, I think it will go back to the deepest parts from wherever it came from...never to be seen for...a few thousands years or more.

edit on 24-3-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think they have nothing to disclose. I believe that they are trying to figure this all out themselves. I base this on interviews I have heard with scientists and ex-officials on the topic but also an event near where I used to live, where a UFO crash occurred and was witnessed by many people who lived nearby (eastern Canada.) The military came in, inspected the lake it landed in, and left. Many people saw or heard the UFO hit the water, but no one saw the military carrying a UFO (or parts of a UFO) out of the water. My opinion = they found nothing because there was nothing there to find. These forms, whatever they are, can take on many different solid forms, impact our environment, then vanish. Physical evidence may sometimes remain (be it biological or technological,) but ultimately the source is unknown by our logic and science. For our officials to admit this, they would be admitting to something both extraordinary and unknown, something neither science or religion can explain, something that would spark a great, great many questions and no answers, not now and maybe never.
edit on 1-4-2018 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join