It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we just stop some of this nonsense?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:37 PM

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The Mods will tell you make a better thread.

Be the change...

Then they will 404 this bad boy in 3....2....1.....

I said this on a pervious thread like this, we have to be able to talk about this and it has to be addressed.

I notice that you have also been around these parts long enough to know that ATS in 2018 has a problem, its a shadow of what it was a couple of years ago and we are not aloud to talk about it.

I dont even know who owns/runs ATS anymore.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:43 PM
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Hmm, I don't know how valid your post is to me, in regards to the change I'm wanting to see, the way you depict things.

Why can't we say that Bush, Obama, Hillary, and Trump possibly belong behind bars? Why is it one person we have to point to, and one other person that we redirect to if we want to defend that person being pointed at? We're a country that just seems to like war and the taxes/government jobs that come with it. Who was at fault for the twin towers? Iraq? Iran? Afgahnistan? Syria? Maybe all muslims? Maybe it was a traitor here in America... The finger can be pointed at anyone who we want to commit atrocities against, including us the people - Didn't bush come out with "The patriot act" - One of the biggest shredding of our constitution in modern history? Didn't Obama continue this - Pretend to increase government accountability and decrease it's reach concerning citizens, while utilizing it illegally for his own concerns?

Now, I'm not saying the way I depict these issues are to be taken as pure fact, but if you want a conversation about politically powerful people committing atrocities.. Why point every finger at one person? That seems counter-productive to actually stopping corruption - If Hillary is indeed corrupt, she's most definitely not the only one.
edit on 13-3-2018 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:33 PM
a reply to: deadlyhope

Here is the difference between the 2 sides...

And make no mistake neither side is perfect. However, one sides accusations are logistically possible, have an easily established motivation and do not require a cartoon super villian...

Look at climate change... there are 2 conspiracies on the table..

The conservative conspiracy: that 95+% of the worlds scientists are in a vast conspiracy to pass a carbon tax or more often some vaguely defined “control”.

The lefts conspiracy: that 5% or less of the worlds scientists are being paid off to muddy the waters and add doubt to the issue, by big oil so they continue reaping the profits of damaging fossil fuels..

One of those conspiracies is logistically possible and one is not.

Take the dueling trump conspiracy theories....

The conservative conspiracy: that both the FBI, CIA, DNC , RNC, the media, and a whole host of other various agencies and entities ARE ALL RISKING THEIR FREEDOM AND CAREERS because they are all in a vast conspiracy to frame trump for Russian collusion because they are afraid he will “drain the swamp” and prosecute hillary and obama for all theses precieved treasonous acts that multiple gop led commitees have investigated and found no wrong doing..

The lefts conspiracy: An amoral buisness man was offered a deal by Russian spies to exchange dirt on Hillary Clinton for dropping sanctions and staying out of Ukraine.. aka something extremely valuable to trump (a better chance at wining the presidency) in exchange for zero American blood or treasure (things you couldn’t find 10 Americans to care about , sanctions and Ukraine)...

One of those is logistically impossible, the other just requires an amoral buisness man..

And I could go on all day..

The conservative conspiracy isn’t ever even feasible ..

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:07 PM
Something I think would help ATS a lot is if there was a "Political Gray Area" forum. That way there would be a place for all of these political OP's that are opinion masquerading as fact.

As it stands, people are taking advantage of the (supposed) non-speculative nature of the regular political forums to give any story they want a false sense of legitimacy. And in doing that, taking away from what this site was supposed to represent. The truth.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:17 PM
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You're more biased than you think you are. ( And most likely, so am I. )

Was everyone risking their careers when they were "conspiring" against Hillary? Common email thread/topics were not just on Fox news, they were on many major media places.

Those on the "right" can be reasoned with on Global warming - If you'd have believed some on the left, we'd all be under water by now because the South and North poles were supposed to melt. ( See the extreme position I just depicted there? ) Many will agree that climate change is a natural occurrence, and also even agree that emissions are a bad thing - They just won't bow to those that are saying that humans have made it 100,000,000,000 times worse. ( For the record, I believe we should go more natural/sustainable as we can, I just don't buy the hype from the left, nor support big oil, we should get away from oil. )

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:53 PM

Who was conspiring against hillary who a president can fire?!?!

Everyone accusing hillary is either an elected official or a political commentator not government employees..

Anyone in the fbi cia, exc that is falsifying documents or whathave you while on the government payroll is atleast risking their careers.. maybe their freedom, since I assume it is illegal for agents to falsify evidence of a crime..

Those on the right are pretending global warming is a conspiracy cooked up by obama and I could post you tubes to prove it..

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:11 PM

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The Mods will tell you make a better thread.

Be the change...

Then they will 404 this bad boy in 3....2....1.....

It would be nice if they fixed the search feature on here so we could read and participate in some of the better threads that use to exist on here....

I think ATS is going down the drain if even the search function doesn't work .....................

everyone can read about the issue here.

Are ATS search results Unreadable for other Members?

edit on 13-3-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM

originally posted by: narrator
This is exactly why I joined. Let's get away from "fake news" on both sides, and dig into what the facts ARE, not what we want the facts to be.

The thing is...what's not fake? Oh sure there is fake news, then there is delberate fake news..the latter is designed to deflect away from anything politically damaging at any given time..a forward programme to be inserted when needed.
Aren't we told day and daily, that CNN is fake news? yet much of what we know of say, North Korea, comes from CNN, BBC, and other international satellite users...the stories being pretty much the same with little spin sort, is that fake news or is it not?

So, what does one do to make an ATS story have clout and make you sit up and think...that's if you want to of course.
Think of bad news and excellent choice.

So, again for instance, what happened the same day as the Trump access Holywood video was released?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:54 PM

I do not think I am biased.. I am extremely unemotional.

What is the 1+1=2 answer ???

The problem is that people do not stop to think about what is logistically required for the conspiracy to be true..

Not do people know a logical fallacy when they see one, even though the list of them is so old it is in Latin.

Whenever EITHER SIDE points to a random individual with no authority who is not an elected official and pretends they speak for “the left/right” it is propaganda.

As I mentioned a logical fallacy with its own funny little Latin name.

If you go to ANY right wing site it will just be peppered with stories of random college kids, welfare queens, maybe one or 2 left wing shock jocks you have never heard of.

Now go to a liberal site and it is almost totally quoting elected republicans.

The vast majority of intellectuals are liberals so they have to create their propaganda for a smarter crowd.

Conservative propaganda is for stupid people..

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:33 PM
a reply to: JoshuaCox

That commercial...

Smash! "Koolaid man, oh yeah!"

Is pretty much all I can think when I read your comments.

All of the labels you use are someone else's work.

They were made for a reason.

You seem like a smart guy, care to prove it?

Now's your chance.

Your answer must not involve condescending or labeling remarks.

Can you answer what the purpose of political labels are?

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:38 AM
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don’t even know what you mean by purpose..

I assume if your going silly on me you will say something like , “ to divide us man..”. Which I would consider as something that “sounds good, but means nothing..”

The dictionary definition of conservative/right wing = to conserve the traditions of the past as opposed to new societal change.

That is why all conservative changes are couched in the narrative as “ taking us back to some old way of doing things. “

“Make America great AGAIN” aka like it used to be..

The dictionary definition of left/liberal = ignore traditions of the past in favor of big societal changes..

In practice what was “left wing” last generation is “right wing” this generation..

Look at interracial marriage.. a generation ago the right wing view was “ill disown my daughter if she ever, and it should be illegal.. .”

While the left wing view a generation ago was that “ it was ok, it just isn’t my thing”.

Now the right wing view is “it is ok, but it just isn’t for me”

While the lefts view is “it is ok period”.

I am not saying the every idea the left has is correct, but every correct idea will ALWAYS come out of the left. Because the left wants new change and SOME KIND OF new change ALWAYS WINS. ALWAYS

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:11 AM
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I although think all the talk of Libtars and Trumptards with triggered snowflakes on both sides suffering form TDS

hahahaha - and yet a few weeks ago you created a Handbook - Seems like TDS is not even treatable in your advanced stage of suffering

The Trump Supporters Handbook.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:31 AM
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah thats nice.

Interesting that you don't have anything to contribute to stopping the nonsense that political debate has turned into on ATS but rather just try to make a dig at me because you don't like what I have to say.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:00 AM
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I didnt say I dont like what you have to say - just that you are a hypocrite.

What next, a Glossary of Trumpistan TDS triggers?

Keep me entertained.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:34 AM
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The US govt (and as far as I can tell all govt's) have little interest in serving the people, and that includes the current US administration. The problem is not that people on ATS disgaree about that particular point, it's that the points of enquiry to hold the govt to account have become a joke. They are just personal attacks on one man and nonsense innuendo to outright distortions of reality.

I think if there were specific discussions on what the govt is up to, then there could be some good discussions.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:59 AM

I disagree. I think it's something different.

What's changing is not ATS, and it's not political partisanship. Political partisanship has been around since before 1776, and political rhetoric has been on ATS as long as ATS has been around. Nothing new there. What's changing is, the amplitude of people constantly screaming..."WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD ATS??? SICK OF POLITICAL THREADS!!".

And, fully 8 times out of 10 the person doing the screaming is one who has been losing debate after debate recently on just such topics. They can't debate their points, resort to ad hominem attacks, get slammed and then resort to posting threads about ending political debate on ATS (i.e. what happened to the "old" ATS). This is a classic symptom of poor debating skills...can't win the fight so ban any and all further debate on the subject...I WIN. It's fantasy.

The facts is...political awareness, right or wrong, is a part of our society in the modern hyper-aware and connected World. ATS is a conspiracy site, and there is NO single other topic more ripe for conspiracy than politics, politicians and political debate. To ban such discussion would fly in the face of the very underpinnings of this site.

Now, you may not be advocating banning anything in your OP, but others most certainly are on this thread. The realities are, U-toob and digital photography killed the UFO star. Conspiracies are about shadows and images of the unseen. In the physical world nothing is unseen anymore, there's video of everything and anything. Well, with one very notable exception...government. Lot's of shadows there! And, while you may not be advocating banning debate in your OP, you are advocating burying the proverbial hatchet and changing the paradigm of the discussion...which amounts to the same net effect.

Bottom line, times change, and people and their associated websites need to change with them. If they fail to do this then they become no longer relevant and of little interest. Seriously, how many times can people re-hash Roswell, Area 51 or the Bermuda Triangle? Especially when we have politicians murdering people and trying to take over the World. The discussion needs to go where the news is, and right now the spotlight is just about 100% on politics.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:09 AM
a reply to: UKTruth

That, and the fact that the political machine has so effectively weaponized the MSM it becomes almost impossible to sort out reality from pure fiction anymore. And, it's not unique to just the US either, not right now anyway.

The really ironic part is, there are countries with 100% state controlled media where the media is less biased than here in the US. I find that stunning! I stand a better chance of getting the truth on RT right now than I do on any US media. I never thought I'd see myself type these words, but I will often look at sources like Al Jazeera now to get to the bottom of something.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:18 AM

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Non partisan comments are probably the least stared. I think that tells you somethibf about what the community has become.

It's two teams on here now. And it's rare you see someone speak against something the team has done.

2 teams?....yeah one with a hundred players, and the other one with about 10

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:21 AM
a reply to: jimmyx

This concept is comical to me, and one I see often here.

Which team is it with 100 players, and which is it with 10?

edit...the answer is one of perception. I see no such bias here. I see lots of what I would characterize as "piling-on" when one side gets an edge in a debate, but in terms of subject matter I don't see the bias.

edit on 3/14/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:39 AM
You can see the problem right here in this thread.

A rational thought out Op was posted. Many have contributed in a civil way to discuss the OP. Nice reading and thought provoking. But then, by page 3, we already have people taking stabs at "the other side" and at each other. *smfh*

This is why we can't have nice things. lol

<< 1  2    4 >>