It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student walkouts scheduled all over US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Plus if they do cause change in gun laws ( I hope not) they will be learning a most valuable lesson.

The lesson that our government works for us , and that the voice of the people has power.

I know a lot of adults today that could stand to learn that lesson.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why not give them credits in their civics class?

Civics: is the study of the rights and responsibilities of being a citizen.

Protesting is one of those rights. So you could say that the children are putting a civics lesson into practice.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Willtell
If an epidemic in your workplace was going on and multiple gun-toting madmen were going there are slaughtering co-workers damn near every week wouldn’t you respond?

Don’t you folks give a damn about your own children?

Please. That is so damned tired...let that horse rest.

This is simply adult professionals assigning students to protest as their proxies. Why do they not just protest? Close down school for the day or somethimg. But they don't do that.....they show up for work and send students away in an act of protest by proxy.

Its just stupid histrionics. And the "for the children" crap is just a disgusting appeal to emotion. All paid for by us taxpayers.

Children are being gunned down in school and you call that histrionics. It's not like their protesting soccer practice. Or library hours

They’re human beings not dogmatic SELFISH people in love with guns

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: JAGStorm

So the kids protest, I seriously doubt that will have a big impact on current gun owners.

Not until they get older and really start to vote and participate in politics.
To me this protest is more about showing the US who the next group of politicians are going to be.

Lets be honest, it's about the next election, not the next generation and it's pure politics. The kids are being used.

My generation was used in a similar way only the topic was Vietnam. They used our fears to control us like marionettes.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Which "they"? The children being exploited by politically motivated adults? Or the manipulative teachers drawing a salary from the tax rolls so that they can send students away in an act of political protest?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Some of these kids who take advantage of this to escape and have fun will be in far more danger than kids are in school. In particular in the inner cities where often parents are absent in their kids lives.

Question - Where is a child at most risk to be killed, riding in a car or sitting in school? I think you know the answer, so get rid of cars?

Over 1,600 children under 15 years of age die each year
Nearly 8,000 people are killed in crashes involving drivers ages 16-20
Road crashes cost the U.S. $230.6 billion per year, or an average of $820 per person
LINK

I believe you will also find that kids are at more risk of being killed at home than in school.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I don't see that the protest on its own would have any leverage. "Walkouts" are effective in factories because there are employers who want people to continue working; why should legislators care whether students are at their desks or not?
If they are thinking of the precedents of 1968, there are differences. The students of that year were acting against their college adminstrations and doing things their administrators did not want them to do. They had "sit-ins", instead of walkouts. The pressure came from the conflict. If nobody tries to stop them walking out, where's the conflict coming from?

Speaking of protests, 1970 was certainly an eye opener. I guess it’s all too easy to forget
exactly why the Constitution includes the right to defend against tyrannical regimes. Let us say, hypothetically, that all guns are collected, at the point of a gun, of course. Then what?

I can think of another school shooting, one that was carried out by the military,
and was not a planned black operation, nor a ssri induced action, MK trial run, or patsy set up like the Martin Bryant farce engineered specifically to disarm a continent practically overnight.

Kent State was a genuine example, just a small taste of what we should expect once disarmed. We see what happens when police go wild. There ought to be a series, on VHS tape, for God’s sake. Perhaps they should teach this in schools, but I think the kids are too hip for this dreary crap, from what the cops tell my mother when they drop in for a session with her. They tell her the kids at my high school regularly skip class to give drugs to strangers they meet with in the trusty woods, across the street, so they can relieve their overwhelming sex urges. Not sure if this is true or not, it is just something I hear about once in a while, from real LE, on the actual scene. This is how these militarized licensed killers perceive innocent students who are now being used to promote a fascist wet dream.

# 946

edit on 13-3-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, this ain't no spur of the moment, "I'm not going to take it anymore." protest. This has been very carefully arranged and choreographed to suit an agenda.

This isn't about the next generation, this is about later this year, and in 2020.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In regards to the kids/students these days... Could it be that we are failing to prepare them to deal with the future?
Kids are lied to about how successful they can be and fail teaching them discipline. They are praised even though they have failed, when failed, they are crushed. Instead of blaming themselves and trying harder, they blame the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Plus if they do cause change in gun laws ( I hope not) they will be learning a most valuable lesson.

The lesson that our government works for us , and that the voice of the people has power.

I know a lot of adults today that could stand to learn that lesson.

They will also learn that fear and stupidity can destroy the very foundation of this country

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: amazing
We have a son that want's to walk out an participate in this protest. We asked him what he was protesting. He couldn't really answer coherently so we said no way. Figure out what you're protesting and then we'll talk. LOL

Maybe he's afraid.

If you were in his shoes and your workplace was targeted then how would you respond?

The American CHILDREN population are frightened

I get what you're saying. I support this protest...I'm just saying my son couldn't articulate what they were protesting. I support a protest as long as he knows what hes protesting or demonstrating for. He didn't. He knew it had something to do with a gun.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I suspect the unions are involved.

Not sure about all of Texas, but the dozen or so schools where I know folks working or attending...none are having any part of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Isnt this more that kids are having schools shut down by administrators?

How do they have a list of schools planning to participate? Which adults are exploiting kids?

I wonder how much of our extreme left viewed education system is driving this using the kids as a political pawn?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Isnt this more that kids are having schools shut down by administrators?

How do they have a list of schools planning to participate? Which adults are exploiting kids?

I wonder how much of our extreme left viewed education system is driving this using the kids as a political pawn?

I wonder how many of those teachers and administrators realize that they could solve a huge part of the problem if they'd just have the backbone to address bullying in a meaningful way in their schools.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You are talking about the right. JAGStorm was talking about the responsibility.

The former without the latter does not impress much.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Protesting is one of those rights.

Someone needs a civics lesson.

Because NOWHERE does it say protesting is a RIGHT.

PEACEABLY assembly is.

And there is no right to run around and whine like a two year to take away other peoples rights.

Pretty much the entire idea behind a constitutional REPUBLIC.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Why not give them credits in their civics class?

Civics: is the study of the rights and responsibilities of being a citizen.

Protesting is one of those rights. So you could say that the children are putting a civics lesson into practice.

What ?
Only a part

Civics is the study of the theoretical, political and practical aspects of citizenship, as well as its rights and duties; the duties of citizens to each other as members of a political body and to the government.

Civics

And , as this is protesting a President just for who he is this is a ridiculous excuse by the Teacher's Union for THEIR protest. They are USING the students to further their own political goals with no regard to the student's education.

But , you are right , it would be an example of how certain Unions and Special Interest groups trying their darndest to control government for their own ways and means . In other words , a twisted , treacherous (bordering on insurrection) example of Civics . And how things should not work in this country

edit on 3/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Give them a failing grade for the day and move on.

Does that even happen anymore? Day grades. Is that a thing?

I remember we walked out when it was rumored the SDS was coming, in protest of THEM!

That was around 1970, give or take a year.

edit on 3 13 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I should walk out of work.....

LOL!!

Day grade fail.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They're heavily involved here in Washington, and locally here...

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the unions are supporting this. It's agenda driven.

I called around a bit ago to some parents here locally that have kids in the public system, none of their kids are doing it, no idea how many may, or may not, do so. The Catholic schools are having nothing to do with it...not one bit that I've heard.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join