It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women and Jobs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Today i heard the complains of german, female police officers. That they now get almost as often attacked as their male colleagues. It was in the news every hour, the whole day.

I only thought:

You want to do the same jobs as male people do, you are allowed, no problem. But you don´t have to, nobody forces you!

You want equal treatment. Doesn´t that mean that you should get attacked as a female cop as often as your male colleagues get attacked? That´s called equality, if i understand that stuff right.

But then they start to complain about getting attacked, not saying that all cops get attacked maybe more often than years before. No, they only talk about themselves, about female cops. They don´t care for their colleagues if they are male and get attacked, as it seems. Otherwise they would have said that all cops, and not especially female cops, get attacked more often than before.

If they are threated equally they flee into the victim role. Is that the equality the women want, if it get´s to hard to stand your ground... mimimi? Like: They treat as as bad as our male colleagues, that is not fair.
What???

And then these women quotas nowadays. It´s like somebody here said before, women are to 95% not interested to do jobs that now have to be filled with women. Positions that have to be filled with women not because they are better than the men, not because they are hard working and successful, no. Just because they are women. We had some women that reached higher positions because of the quotas, here in germany. Guess what happened?

They were not successful, the were not ready for these jobs. They just couldn´t do it. And had to be replaced!

That doesn´t mean that women can´t work as hard as men, are not as intelligent as men, are not successful as men. We have these women in higher positions, some of them since years or decades. But they are where they are not because of a women quota!

And maybe women should simply admit that some jobs are not made for them. I mean, to come back to that female cops thing, if you don´t want to be attacked, then search for a job where you don´t get attacked, maybe? If you don´t want to carry cement bags, don´t become a construction worker. But don´t complain about how hard all that is for women, if you decided to do such a job just to be "treated equally". Then do your work you decided to do, do it as your male colleagues do it to. Or search for another job. But we all know and feel why women want to become cops. To abuse their power then, 95% of them. At least here in germany, female cops are the biggest aholes, everytime. If you see a female cop here, you just think: Oh no... And this does apply to men and women!

I don´t care if the boss of the car manufacturer i want to sell a car from is a man or a woman, i want the best to be the boss. And these quotas don´t bring you the best, they bring you women. Even if a man did the job very good, for years. Now it has to be a woman that fills the position, even she is not nearly as good as the man before.

Look at women in politics, as a german i can tell you that i can´t understand how people still can vote for women, after Merkel, von der Leyen, Nahles and how they all are called(you don´t know them either, as not germans). And look where germany stands after 12 years of a women as Bundeskanzler. Everybody almost "hates" her, nobody wants her to be Bundeskanzler for another four years, but she learned to trick from the "best, her mentor Helmut Kohl.

Nazis are on the rise because of our female Bundeskanzler, the average people are threated like slaves under our female Bundeskanzler, she is doing everything for the banksters, the corporations, the economy and industry but nothing for the average, not rich and hard working people. Only the rich, the upper 10% vote for her, so that nothing changes and the rich can get richer without doing anything else than owning money.

For example, if you have a million, you have to pay no taxes anymore, all legal here, if you know how to do it. But the average workers have to pay one of the highest taxes in Europe, while the have the lowest income and will end in old age poverty. Like the people do now, that worked for 30, 40 or 50 years, paid taxes and all that, and now get a retirement money of 600, 700. 800 cheap Euros.

If a woman is the best one for a job, she should do the job!
If not, then not!
If political correctness is the only reason to fill positions with women that are not the best, you will end up like Germany!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There are still plenty of good ol boys networks and glass ceilings for women. We only let women vote a few decades ago...okay maybe more than a few but that's pretty recent times. There is a wage gap. It's real. And there are a lot of whiny men about who are threatened by women like on this thread already. LOL

Remember all those crybabies in Austin that couldn't handle that there was this one bar doing women's only showings of Wonder woman? LOL

And let us not forget the mens' rights activists cause..men have it so bad(sarcasm...we have it really good) Now men are crying about me too because when women complain about being raped and sexually assaulted it makes them feel bad? Wow.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Women are just as intelligent as men

At what? with what? when?........most importantly, which individuals?

It is relative to the individual and your comment is too much of a steroetypical generalisation imo.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

They have the capacity to be just as smart as men, any differences in intelligence overall is not instant proof one group is smarter. For the most part the architecture of our brains is the same, any human being with a healthy brain has the capacity to become highly skilled at a craft given enough practice and dedication. Of course there are some differences in our brains, as I said men are more inclined to think analytically rather than emotionally. But a highly emotional person can still be highly intelligent, although probably not as effective as someone less emotional. We all have the same conscious experience for the most part, something that no other creature on Earth experiences, at least not with the same level of self-awareness we possess. Humans are advanced general problems solvers and many great scientists were and are female.
edit on 13/3/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
There are still plenty of good ol boys networks and glass ceilings for women. We only let women vote a few decades ago...okay maybe more than a few but that's pretty recent times. There is a wage gap. It's real. And there are a lot of whiny men about who are threatened by women like on this thread already. LOL

There's a lot of room left to debate the validity of the wage gap argument. When women take 5 years, 10 years, 20 years off from her "career" to have kids, or establish one much later after having kids first, of course there's a damn gap in wages. Between lack of experience and not having the seniority to warrant equal pay for equal time & experience, it's simple to comprehend. I have not worked in 12 years. Housewife & stay-at-home mom here raising kids, I do NOT expect to hop into any job anywhere, hourly or salaried, and get the same pay as someone else who didn't stay out of the workforce for 12 years. That's a very retarded mindset to use as an excuse to strong-arm higher pay.

Remember all those crybabies in Austin that couldn't handle that there was this one bar doing women's only showings of Wonder woman? LOL

Because it's f#ing sexist as hell. Cry about sexism, then commit it, makes sense. Not. If there'd been a men-only showing of it, they'd have had a cow.

And let us not forget the mens' rights activists cause..men have it so bad(sarcasm...we have it really good) Now men are crying about me too because when women complain about being raped and sexually assaulted it makes them feel bad? Wow.

Poor treatment, abuse and assault only matter if it's me or other women? Screw off, that's not how it works, I'm not a more important "victim" than a man is. Like I've said many times on ATS, equality my fat, lily-white ass, women do not want it. They want preferential treatment and nothing less.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
well men are afraid to hire women because of this #metoo movement.

#NeverAgain

And can you blame them?

#You'dHaveToBeStoopid

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: amazing

There's a lot of room left to debate the validity of the wage gap argument. When women take 5 years, 10 years, 20 years off from her "career" to have kids, or establish one much later after having kids first, of course there's a damn gap in wages. Between lack of experience and not having the seniority to warrant equal pay for equal time & experience, it's simple to comprehend. I have not worked in 12 years. Housewife & stay-at-home mom here raising kids, I do NOT expect to hop into any job anywhere, hourly or salaried, and get the same pay as someone else who didn't stay out of the workforce for 12 years. That's a very retarded mindset to use as an excuse to strong-arm higher pay.

Because it's f#ing sexist as hell. Cry about sexism, then commit it, makes sense. Not. If there'd been a men-only showing of it, they'd have had a cow.

Poor treatment, abuse and assault only matter if it's me or other women? Screw off, that's not how it works, I'm not a more important "victim" than a man is. Like I've said many times on ATS, equality my fat, lily-white ass, women do not want it. They want preferential treatment and nothing less.

I get your 1st point. If a woman doesn't have senority or time in or as much experience then she should be paid less. But that's not the case with a large percentage of women, such as my wife. No time off, better qualified, kick ass resume still get's paid less and treated less than the men in her group. It just happens. We just need to acknowledge it and move forward correcting unfair wage practices on a case by case. My wife only wants equality. I don't know which women you've been hanging around with but they're not all free loaders who want a hand out. Serious.

Second point, the sexist wonder woman showing. Where's the harm in that? Why would a guy even cry about it? I'd tell my wife to have fun if she'd wanted to go and then go do something manly, like not crying, and go work out or something, do some yard work, watch die hard on TV...do some JiuJitsu. We need to tell those guys, that they lost their man cards and to find a safe space for special snowflakes. LOL
edit on 13-3-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Why would a guy even cry about it?

You'd be surprized at just how many guys i've seen cry about it. HLC.
edit on 13-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I ran a small construction company. I had all guys working for me. I wouldn't want to have a woman get hurt working on a roof or freezing outside during lousy weather. I was brought up that way, Women get the less dangerous jobs. Is that wrong? On top of that, if I were to put a woman on the crew, the guys would be tripping all over her and probably fall off a roof or something.

I had one good looking woman apply to work for me, the guys said they would take a buck an hour cut in pay if I put her on. I told her that although it would be nice having her on the job and she would probably be a good worker, I did not think it was a good idea. I mentioned it would be easy to get the guys to go insulate crawl spaces, just stick her in there and they would have followed her in like dogs in heat. Then she could say she forgot to bring something and come out and lock them in the crawlspace till they finished their work. She got a kick out of that, and she understood, since the guys seemed to be going into her house I was insulating every half hour for a glass of water.

Yeah, today I was up on a slick roof scraping the snow and ice off so we could finish working..... I just couldn't see most women up there doing that kind of thing.

It's not like 99% of women would even want to do it, anyway.
edit on 13-3-2018 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

They have the capacity to be just as smart as men, any differences in intelligence overall is not instant proof one group is smarter.

...and not instant proof that both groups are equal either.

For the most part the architecture of our brains is the same, any human being with a healthy brain has the capacity to become highly skilled at a craft given enough practice and dedication.

Yes, but how many are prepared to invest so much to get there? How many want a short cut and an easy paycheck? Men and Women.

Of course there are some differences in our brains, as I said men are more inclined to think analytically rather than emotionally.

I think many employers would prefer to see "analytical" as a quality on a CV rather than "emotional".

Emotion has no place in most jobs and could be seen as a negative.

But a highly emotional person can still be highly intelligent, although probably not as effective as someone less emotional.

One of the biggest reasons for a possible gender pay difference then, and perfectly understandable imo.

We all have the same conscious experience for the most part, something that no other creature on Earth experiences,

You can never know the mind of another, all we can do is guess, and we are incredibly fallable.

at least not with the same level of self-awareness we possess.

Yes, our level of self awareness is arrogant and comes with more delusion, distortion, confusion and denial than probably any other creature on this ball of dirt.

Humans are advanced general problems solvers and many great scientists were and are female.

Not enough perhaps?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Yeah, today I was up on a slick roof scraping the snow and ice off so we could finish working..... I just couldn't see most women up there doing that kind of thing.

Yeah, heels on a roof are only good for going up.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

This thread is cracking me up!
Geez!
I take my heels off before I leave the office OR if I'm running late that day, I change my clothes in the vehicle when I get to the jobsite.

I have rarely smashed my finger with a hammer either, I wonder if that's because I like to keep my nails pretty and pink?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Talorc

Yeah, heels on a roof are only good for going up.

I dislike roofing almost as much as doing drywall.
The only roof I want to tackle is 2/12 and one story, with or without heels!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
more meninist BS, yawn

maybe this site does need a niceguys forum... just get all the garbage in one place

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

All very true!!

Same could be said for some other groups, as well, of course.

The victim mentality is ridiculous. I find it offensive. As a woman, I have held various jobs, yet I chose - MY decision - to be at home, to raise and home school our kids, and I have never once regretted that. I could have chosen to work, and done quite well, just as easily.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Not enough perhaps?

Perhaps not, but as I explained a large part of it is simply because men are more attracted to science based jobs, however there's no reason a female cannot be a scientist and do great things, that is my point, they have just as much capacity as men to achieve great things.
edit on 14/3/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
more meninist BS, yawn

So rationally explaining why there's less women in technical jobs is also sexist? If we don't accept the evil patriarchy narrative we must be scum bags?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

But that's not the case with a large percentage of women, such as my wife. No time off, better qualified, kick ass resume still get's paid less and treated less than the men in her group.

And what is it that she does? Some how I doubt she is being blatantly underpaid for the exact same work, especially if she is better at the job, you are not telling us something. However, there are times where I would say the same job should pay different rates to different people, Amy Schumer recently got angry because she gets paid much less by Netflix than Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock. However she is clearly much less good at her job and doesn't attract as many viewers, so Netflix sees no reason to pay her as much, and that is fair imo, I'm sure lots of male comedians also earn far less than Dave Chappelle and that's fine too.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You are the only poster in this thread who has repeatedly mentioned the evil male patriarchy. Perhaps the problem is in your own head?

...or just courting a bit of drama?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I understand that there is some # going on that cant be ignored and women and men should fight for equality in everything and be a eglatarian society
however when feminism bangs on about toxic masculinity , I stop listening
are there any toxic female behaviours , yes lots

the kardashians are toxic femininity , look at how they clone every female on the planet to think , look and act the same
yet no one questions it because they are female celebrities

as for the patriarchy , Queen of #ing England , nuff said

edit on 14-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join