It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women and Jobs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My job has me in corporate buildings every week. Large, medium to small businesses throughout the city.

I see more female corporate employees roaming the buildings, in offices, and even the owners themselves, then men. Maybe it's equal but I naturally notice the women more so.

This is just junk trying to conflict people and opinions. None of this woman and work disadvantage carries any weight in the real world.

Some of the richest people I've met are women, multi millionaires. Let's stop fueling an unnecessary fire shall we?
edit on 13-3-2018 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Necrobile

I see a trend here, could this be why things aren't equal??

Well it's certainly a reason, how much it contributes I couldn't say lol

Well, it could also be regional, because the people that live in the town I'm in are very angry, snobby people, yet none of it is deserved. lol

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes, a very small reason which is virtually irrelevant in today's world.

If it were virtually irrelevant it wouldn't be an issue nor would there be labor suits revolving around this type of behavior.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The biggest drama queens of ATS are the (mostly) male political apologists who dominate this site.

If ATS is any indication of society at large, men dominate the drama field just as they did in ancient greek and shakespearean days.
Kidding... a little. I know women have their own brand of drama, but the female drama rarely results in war.

As to the OP, the one thing I find most sad is the need for both parents to work in the face of rising cost of living and stagnant wages.

edit on 13-3-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's pervasive, they just did a survey or young kids in the UK, and something like 80% thought certain jobs could only be done by certain genders. In this day and age its pretty sad.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I ran a small construction company. I had all guys working for me. I wouldn't want to have a woman get hurt working on a roof or freezing outside during lousy weather. I was brought up that way, Women get the less dangerous jobs. Is that wrong?

No I don't think it's wrong and I don't see women complaining about such preferential treatment, however some tough girls like that sort of work and I think that's fine too, but clearly most women prefer safe jobs where they don't have to risk breaking their nails. And that's not a poke at women, I like the fact they care more about their appearance then men, it's not a bad thing, beauty shouldn't be demonized. But it's also ok if a women wants to be care free and not spend hours a day making herself look good.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If it were virtually irrelevant it wouldn't be an issue nor would there be labor suits revolving around this type of behavior.

There isn't any issue, at least not an issue caused by sexist males perpetuating the patriarchy. I'm speaking statistically in a broad sense, the guys who are actually sexist are a very very small part of the reason for the unequal representation in high paying jobs.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

The biggest drama queens of ATS are the (mostly) male political apologists who dominate this site.

Well it seems most members on this website are male, must be the evil patriarchy preventing women from denying ignorance... we must start a program to make more women jump down the rabbit hole.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

In the last 10 years or so of working, I have had many female bosses/supervisors tell me they would rather hire men because there's less drama with it. I've heard countless women in my 39 years of living tell me they'd rather have male friends, because they can't stand being around other women. I recently worked at a bank, and during one of my training sessions I was training alongside a new branch manager. He told us that at his old bank his entire crew was male, and everything was great. They all worked together, timed their lunches, nobody ever had a problem. The moment they hired a female, drama happened. The very first day she was there she started complaining about when people were taking their lunches. He and I were the only males in that class, everyone else was female, including our trainer, and they all agreed. My old boss told me she wishes more men would apply for the job, because there's too much drama with an all female staff. She left for another job and we got a new female manager, and guess what she told all of us?? Yep, she prefers to hire men because less drama.

I see a trend here, could this be why things aren't equal?? Or is it further proof of what I keep hearing women I've known say??

This is totally a thing with women who can see through the shades of bullsh# excuses. If I had a business, I would not hire women if given the choice for exactly these reasons. I've worked with women, I don't ever want to hire them unless I can suss out the competent from the lowbrow manipulative. And those are few.

It's not a bad thing, and it speaks volumes for a gender mindset that needs to change yesterday when other women don't want to hire women.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I thought there might be a chance that, of all the generalizations in this thread, this statement might cause the most vexation.

I was speaking a little in jest here.

I have nothing against men btw, I was lucky with a great dad, nice brother, husband, son, and enough good experiences in my life to make up for the evil ones.

I am actually okay with the idea of a patriarchy, as long as men are healthy enough with good leadership and the natural impulse to provide.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Just because I wear heels and a tiara when I post by no means indicates that I am a drama queen.

I am a drama princess.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I find the feminist logic it ironic, that girls are strong, so please protect them and help them.

Then i guess its more of, girls need protected, vote and give your money to Democrats. Girls need protected, please view my website, if you don't you are sexist.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol, you make a (ahem) beautiful princess, DB.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And men are wary of accusations, true or false. In that sense woman are a liability. The trend seems accusations of improprieties leveled towards any man who impedes their agenda's. Vagina hats, screaming at the sky, twisted triggered mentalists.....? who would voluntarily want to subject themselves to these behaviors? And they are documented, in fact they are all over You Tube. The world seems keen to divide. Any and all types, color, race, gender, age, politics .... the list is Extensive.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I find the feminist logic it ironic, that girls are strong, so please protect them and help them.

Then i guess its more of, girls need protected, vote and give your money to Democrats. Girls need protected, please view my website, if you don't you are sexist.

You forgot one critical difference -- they only want protected if it's other women protecting them, because f# the oppressive menfolk. So much for strong. They admit being weak enough overall to need coddling and/ or protection from each other, but if the offer comes from something that dangles, then that offer is offensive and how DARE they.

That's some master-level snake oil tactics there, eh?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
For #s sake, just read the some of the # on this thread. Deny ignorance my arse, seems some people love to wallow in it.
edit on 13-3-2018 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
For #s sake, just read the some of the # on this thread. Deny ignorance my arse, seems some people love to wallow in it.

You're going to have to spell this out. I don't see where anyone has said anything illogical. Am I supposed to join you in your offense or something by default even if I think you're being a little blind? I mean, I have boobs & a vag, but I understand how people feel and agree the points brought up are sensible ones.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You make a lot of statistical claims without any studies or evidence backing them up, just opinion stated as fact.

Are you an authority on this matter?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

...the guys who are actually sexist are a very very small part of the reason for the unequal representation in high paying jobs.

If it prevents someone from taking that job then you don't have their sample size to incorporate into the data.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This entire agenda is abouy destroying the family unit.

Lets say for instance a woman has 200k in student loans because she became an attorney.

Now she has a baby and decides she wants to take several months off of her high payong job.

Guess what ain't happening now its less likely thst these women have babies.

How the he'll is the husband going to cover the monthly payment on her 200k student loan wgile paying for everything necessary for the baby?

All agenda depopulation b.s.. Divide and conquer.

Strong families do not vote Democrat. Look at the numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join