It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G0P Rep Tom Rooney Breaks Ranks on Russia Report : We Have Lost All Credibility

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: jimmyx
the house "intelligence" committee went against EVERY "intelligence" agency, and announced there is no collusion....the entire republican side should be fired from that committee....they are not capable of doing their job....

to suggest that they know more than the thousands of career analysts means they might be even guilty of an espionage cover-up.....the republican members of that committee don't give a s**t about protecting America...

How do you possibly form such a ridiculous view of reality? Btw didn't we find out it was only two agencies? And what makes you think the analysts had any real understanding of the situation before they had done a real analysis? The simple fact is you will not be satisfied until the investigation comes to the specific conclusion you want it to reach...

ridiculous view of reality????..........I listened to WHAT THEY SAID!!!.....now you're saying what they said publicly, WASN'T reality?......got it...better to believe all the bloggers
edit on 13-3-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

The Dems are not wrong, there are a ton of interviews that have not been done.

it really boils down to this,
If people who are connected to Russian government sources, were actively engaged, especially online, or elsewhere, in deliberate Trump activism and deception and manipulation, then the case for aiding Trump's election is conclusive.

I think they do have at least one online company who was doing just that, I don't know if the individuals are known, but at least there should already have been some kind of effort to weed them out, especially if some/any of it was occurring in the US.

As for tampering with the voting system, it matters not if they succeeded or otherwise..they should be exposed, at the very least.
I the report appears to acknowledge just that, it doesn't seem to show if they were able to do so, and if so, there is probably no telling the extent of fraud there was.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

In some instances they supported Hillary too. Their goal was and is to sew discontent and chaos. And boy were they successful.
They were trying to set it up that Hillary's presidency would be a failure. They were afraid of Hillary.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That is funny.
Funny that you believe any of it.

This report is just going to be more evidence for Mueller. More obstruction of justice by the GOP members of the house.
I hope Nunes is ready for the backlash.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

In some instances they supported Hillary too. Their goal was and is to sew discontent and chaos. And boy were they successful.
They were trying to set it up that Hillary's presidency would be a failure. They were afraid of Hillary.

I agree with that. What I don’t agree with is this narrative being pushed on ATS as if Russia worked directly with Trumps campaign to get him elected. But that’s what we see posted here day after day. We call it out for the propaganda it is, while many left leaning posters ignore it and continue to try and push it. Hell the Dems had a huge protest right after Trump was elected all based on Russia propaganda, yet nobody on the left acknowledges it from what I’ve seen here. So how could we take any argument about Russia interference serious if all the facts aren’t acknowledged.
edit on 13-3-2018 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You wish.

It's all true and you know deep down inside it is.

Trump is #ting pickles trying every damn thing he can come up with to misdirect us or upstage the investigation.

People on his staff can't even mention Russia without him getting upset.
edit on 3132018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I sort of hope you get your "Blue Congress". It would be entertaining at least, to watch them endlessly pursue impeachment. And what a colorful lot of loons the "Blue Congress" would have in it. Nancy Pelosi......can't complete a sentence; Sheila Jackson Lee..........."who put the US flag on Mars"; Feinstein running about with her hair on fire, "its the scary guns".

And its pretty obvious to me that the Republicans are on their best footing playing the party of the oh, so loyal, opposition. Otherwise, they have no leadership, no ideas, no plans or policies; really no agenda whatsoever except to "build the wall", "build the wall"!

Its a tough choice, but if I had to choose between the Chinese, the Democrats or the Russians............I'd probably choose the Chinese, even though I hate Chinese food, but at least they get stuff done!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So this republican has broke ranks with the rest on the Russia report to say;

“I don’t know that necessarily there was a full-fledged campaign to do everything that they could to help elect Donald Trump,” he added. “I think that their goal was chaos.”

That he doesn't think there was collusion? I'm pretty sure that's what the rest of them declared too.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The whole world was afraid of a Hillary run US government.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
1) of course the republican party, investigating the republican party, concluded there was no wrongdoing by the republican party. The report isn't worth the paper it's written on. Folks need to wait for the 'independent' investigation (although there are some question marks over just how independent that is to be fair. However, it's probably less partisan than the repub report).

2) yes it does appear Russia tried to "help Donald" however, there is more than enough evidence to suggest they also tried to "help Hilary". The main takeaway, as far as I can tell, is that Russia was interfering in the election process to basically stir up whatever # they could (and have clearly succeeded judging by the state of ATS this last year or more). However, I'm not sure why this is such a shock/major revelation and I'm pretty much 100% sure this has gone in every election ever held everywhere in the world.

3)

trump is a bad person, 3 wives, he cheated on each of them, and at least Bill is still married to his first wife. trump has 0 respect for Vows, marriage, women, or the truth. He is the king of FAKE NEWS.
This has nothing to do with the original OP, is rather pathetic, makes you look like a bit of a tool and probably ought to lead to the post being deleted for "political trolling/baiting"

Another stellar thread for ATS

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

The whole world was afraid of a Hillary run US government.

No, just Russia and it running dogs. Russia humiliated Hillary with the "reset." No way she would lift the sanctions. In fact, she would probably turn up the heat.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
People still believe Russian internet trolls influenced the election, and then they bring up "credibility" in the same breath.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

I agree with that. What I don’t agree with is this narrative being pushed on ATS as if Russia worked directly with Trumps campaign to get him elected. But that’s what we see posted here day after day. We call it out for the propaganda it is, while many left leaning posters ignore it and continue to try and push it. Hell the Dems had a huge protest right after Trump was elected all based on Russia propaganda, yet nobody on the left acknowledges it from what I’ve seen here. So how could we take any argument about Russia interference serious if all the facts aren’t acknowledged.

Donald Trump Jr. met with Russian agents to get material to use against Clinton, then covered the meeting up. That is an established fact. The question is how many staffers were colluding with Russia and to what degree. Personally, I suspect it was minimal, but damning. The tradecraft was deliberately sloppy. Russia was setting Trump up for a messy impeachment, paralyzing Congress for another two years.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
People still believe Russian internet trolls influenced the election, and then they bring up "credibility" in the same breath.

The irony burns!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The irony burns!

That's "credibility" dying like a star.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

The Dems are not wrong, there are a ton of interviews that have not been done.

Rep. Tom Rooney (R-Fla.) told CNN that “there is evidence” the Russians worked to help Trump.

“I don’t know that necessarily there was a full-fledged campaign to do everything that they could to help elect Donald Trump,” he added. “I think that their goal was chaos.”

Its funny non of that is in the report.....HMMMM...

The draft report released by his fellow Republicans on Monday claims otherwise, saying Russian President Vladimir Putin interfered in the election but not with the goal of aiding Trump.

The FBI has already said that Russians were helping trump, by spreading propaganda, lies, and anything else they could, on Websites just like ATS. So already this shows the GOP is not looking into this, only half heartedly.

"We've gone completely off the rails, and now we're just basically a political forum for people to leak information to drive the day's news. ... We've lost all credibility" - Rep. Tom Rooney on the Republican decision to end the House Russia investigation cnn.it...

www.yahoo.com...

Now the 2018 elections are coming and Coats has said this...

While Coats said that it is "highly likely" the Russians will attempt to interfere in the 2018 US midterm elections, he admitted "we just don't know how much and when, where."

I hope if a bunch of stupid stories come out, people FACT CHECK them with more than one source. I cant tell you how many utterly ridiculous stories I read about Hillary, during the 2016 election (and still do). It was to the point where I was face palming, daily. Yet people shared them, and discussed them as absolute FACT. It really was, sad.

trump is a bad person, 3 wives, he cheated on each of them, and at least Bill is still married to his first wife. trump has 0

That may be true, in as much as anything could be true, but let's start with your backwards logic

1. Both said Putin did not assist Trump, but aimed to disrupt the election. That's according to your own quotes.
2. Trump is as bad as Bill Clinton, so who cares right?
3. Hillary destroyed subpoenaed evidence, colluded to fix the primary elections, colluded to cheat on the presidential debates, colluded to cheat in her first benghazi inquiry with Menendez, colluded with a foreign entity to influence the election via a dossier containing false information. Oh, and all the dirty stuff you accuse trump of doing, that Billy did first? She enabled it. Why she isn't in prison is the real facepalm
4. The NSA did not agree with evidence supporting collusion.... despite CNN saying all intelligence agreed.
5. The one intelligence group you cite as agreeing paid in part for the dossier.
6. You somehow take a holier than thou stance while completely burying your head in the sand over actual facts. Well, besides the fact that you think someone is a bad person. But, hey, if you eant to cite your opinions as facts, then great post!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think at this point we'd all love to see or hear the evidence of any crime(s) Trump is accused of. I'm sure we're all well aware by now that "collusion" isn't actually a crime in and of itself.

We're still waiting....

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That is funny. Funny that you believe any of it.

Sure is.

Never Trump is pinning ALL their delusions on Mueller.

A REPUBLICAN.

DOH!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

In November when the republicans get their two months notice?

Watching PA today... the last few special elections have seen the red guys defeated over and over. Even in Alabama. Alabama!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I think at this point we'd all love to see or hear the evidence of any crime(s) Trump is accused of. I'm sure we're all well aware by now that "collusion" isn't actually a crime in and of itself.

We're still waiting....

Don't worry... the Mueller Report will be a sure fire best seller when it comes out this summer!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join