It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G0P Rep Tom Rooney Breaks Ranks on Russia Report : We Have Lost All Credibility

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Well there are a lot of people who have lost all credibility.

It's not Trump

It's not Republicans.

I'll give you a hint, it involves the letters DEM and CNN.

it's trump and the republicans, trump's entire family is in bed with foreigners who they owe money to....we, as this point don't need your hint...his financial ties to Russia and Putins blackmailing of our president are self-evident....they have trump by the balls, if he had any...maybe he can call up Hillary and ask to borrow her big ones

I love CNN, they report on trumps words and actions, and the right-wingers here can't handle that

That’s a blatant lie with no proof to back it up. Your no better than the propaganda you so vehemently rail against.

proof?.....how many intelligence agencies publically announcing Putin wanted trump over Hillary do you need?.....I'll take the word of dedicated, career Intel agents over any Bulls**t handed out by right-wingers.....you can't handle the truth, you take the word of conspiracy bloggers and right-wing nutjobs......

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It's not Trump

It's not Republicans.

it's trump and the republicans, trump's entire family is in bed with foreigners who they owe money to....we, as this point don't need your hint...his financial ties to Russia and Putins blackmailing of our president are self-evident....they have trump by the balls, if he had any...maybe he can call up Hillary and ask to borrow her big ones

I love CNN, they report on trumps words and actions, and the right-wingers here can't handle that

That’s a blatant lie with no proof to back it up. Your no better than the propaganda you so vehemently rail against.

proof?.....how many intelligence agencies publically announcing Putin wanted trump over Hillary do you need?.....I'll take the word of dedicated, career Intel agents over any Bulls**t handed out by right-wingers.....you can't handle the truth, you take the word of conspiracy bloggers and right-wing nutjobs......

You're conflating two issues. It's fairly well established Putin hated Clinton. Of course he'd rather Trump over her, just like he tried to help Sanders in the Dem primary.

The issue of whether Trump actively colluded with the Russians is separate. There's no proof of that at this point.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

There will apparently be a minority report that will highlight all the places the Republican committee opted to not investigate for "reasons".

The Republican coverup for Trump just got much worse

In an interview with me this morning, Rep. Adam B. Schiff — the ranking Democrat on the Intel Committee — confirmed that Democrats will issue a minority report that will seek to rebut the GOP conclusions.

But here’s the real point to understand about this minority report: It will detail all the investigative avenues that House Republicans declined to take — the interviews that they didn’t conduct, and the leads that they didn’t try to chase down and verify. And Schiff confirmed that the report will include new facts — ones that have not been made public yet — that Republicans didn’t permit to influence their conclusions.

“There’s no way for them to reach the conclusions that they want to start with unless they ignore or mischaracterize what we’ve been able to learn,” Schiff said, adding that the minority report would also “set out the investigative steps that were never taken to answer further questions about the Russians and the Trump campaign’s conduct.”

Schiff had previously said the committee has discovered “ample evidence” of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Led by Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), however, committee Republicans will soon issue a report they claim will show there was no collusion and that Russia didn’t interfere to help Trump — putting House Republicans at odds with U.S. intelligence services and possibly with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, who recently indicted 13 Russian nationals for an alleged plot to swing the election to Trump.

More proof that we won't be able to make any headway on this investigation until November. I eagerly await that report from Schiff though.
edit on 13-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There will apparently be a minority report that will highlight all the places the Republican committee opted to not investigate for "reasons".

The Republican coverup for Trump just got much worse

In an interview with me this morning, Rep. Adam B. Schiff — the ranking Democrat on the Intel Committee — confirmed that Democrats will issue a minority report that will seek to rebut the GOP conclusions.

But here’s the real point to understand about this minority report: It will detail all the investigative avenues that House Republicans declined to take — the interviews that they didn’t conduct, and the leads that they didn’t try to chase down and verify. And Schiff confirmed that the report will include new facts — ones that have not been made public yet — that Republicans didn’t permit to influence their conclusions.

“There’s no way for them to reach the conclusions that they want to start with unless they ignore or mischaracterize what we’ve been able to learn,” Schiff said, adding that the minority report would also “set out the investigative steps that were never taken to answer further questions about the Russians and the Trump campaign’s conduct.”

Schiff had previously said the committee has discovered “ample evidence” of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Led by Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), however, committee Republicans will soon issue a report they claim will show there was no collusion and that Russia didn’t interfere to help Trump — putting House Republicans at odds with U.S. intelligence services and possibly with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, who recently indicted 13 Russian nationals for an alleged plot to swing the election to Trump.

More proof that we won't be able to make any headway on this investigation until November. I eagerly await that report from Schiff though.

Are you gonna take what Schiff says at face value?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Does anyone find it odd--given the posts of several of our members here--that there are people who actually want it to be true that our President has somehow colluded with a foreign power to become elected?

I mean, there is no proof at all, but merely the claim that was thrown out there by the man's political rivals, possibly, with the sole intention of attempting to discredit the current President. There is actually more evidence that this same political party used the nation's intelligence apparatus--with members appointed by the same political party--to illegally dig up dirt to discredit a political rival.

Please, take off the blinders, and at least attempt to be impartial. Remember, there are no "good guys" went it comes to political parties. Best we can hope for is that a non-politician will break the mold. That is why so many people voted for Trump, and why the political establishment hates him so much.
edit on 13-3-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

No. I'm going to wait until he releases that minority report and read it. According to the article I posted, it should more align with how the Senate Intelligence investigation is going. As stands though, Schiff has proven to be more trustworthy in regards to this investigation than House Republicans have shown themselves to be. Devin Nunes, for instance, is an embarrassment to our government with how blatantly he lies to cover for the administration.

Do you take these House Republicans at face value considering their conclusion differs not only from what Mueller is determining but also what the very people in their party but in the Senate are finding?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It's not Trump

It's not Republicans.

Show me proof Trumps “entire family” owes money to foreigners.

Then show me proof of Trump having ties to Russia and currently being blackmailed for it.

Then show me proof Trump doesn’t have balls. Hell if anything Trump has bigger balls than all the previous presidents combined. He took on the entire worlds elite and still does it on a daily basis.

But it is painfully obvious you aren’t here for anything other than Trump hate. Stay triggered my friend it’s invaluable entertainment on my downtime.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
Does anyone find it odd--given the posts of several of our members here--that there are people who actually want it to be true that our President has somehow colluded with a foreign power to become elected?

I mean, there is no proof at all, but merely the claim that was thrown out there by the man's political rivals, possibly, with the sole intention of attempting to discredit the current President. There is actually more evidence that this same political party used the nation's intelligence apparatus--with members appointed by the same political party--to illegally dig up dirt to discredit a political rival.

Please, take off the blinders, and at least attempt to be impartial. Remember, there are no "good guys" went it comes to political parties. Best we can hope for is that a non-politician will break the mold. That is why so many people voted for Trump, and why the political establishment hates him so much.

I don't find it odd at all. It's what you would expect, really. Especially given the fever pitch to which the media and Democrat leadership has driven them.

On the other hand, there were people who were praying for proof that Obama was some secret Muslim plant. The folks holding their breath for Trump-Russia collusion evidence look just like them.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

It's not Trump

It's not Republicans.

You're conflating two issues. It's fairly well established Putin hated Clinton. Of course he'd rather Trump over her, just like he tried to help Sanders in the Dem primary.

The issue of whether Trump actively colluded with the Russians is separate. There's no proof of that at this point.

That’s what I originally tried pointing out but I feel engaging his poster is like talking to a brick wall. Definitely good for a laugh though.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

No. I'm going to wait until he releases that minority report and read it. According to the article I posted, it should more align with how the Senate Intelligence investigation is going. As stands though, Schiff has proven to be more trustworthy in regards to this investigation than House Republicans have shown themselves to be. Devin Nunes, for instance, is an embarrassment to our government with how blatantly he lies to cover for the administration.

Do you take these House Republicans at face value considering their conclusion differs not only from what Mueller is determining but also what the very people in their party but in the Senate are finding?

How has Schiff proven more trustworthy? He just keeps saying "We have evidence. Trust us." and nothing has come out yet. I don't take any of them at face value. That's why I said the committee investigations were a waste of time and money, you can't trust any of them to be objective.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Correction: Collusion has already been proven. That was proven with that meeting in Trump tower. HOWEVER, collusion isn't illegal. Conspiracy is illegal. Conspiracy hasn't been proven. Yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Awesome. Now explain in great detail how Putin got Trump elected without altering any votes in his favor. The electoral votes are unhackable so how did he do it? Just a simple question feel free to answer it at any time. Friendly reminder that a lot of people screamed Trump should better accept the election results because they can't be rigged and he would just be a sore loser. Strange that they suddenly forgot all about that.

edit on 13-3-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

How has Schiff proven more trustworthy? He just keeps saying "We have evidence. Trust us." and nothing has come out yet. I don't take any of them at face value. That's why I said the committee investigations were a waste of time and money, you can't trust any of them to be objective.

Schiff proved himself with the memo issue by correcting the record when Nunes tried to obfuscate things with that partisan travesty of a memo. Of course Schiff may not follow through on this claim he just made, but I see no reason to believe he won't follow through at this moment.

Also, ultimately, I trust the Mueller investigation the most, but even when the Mueller investigation ends if he finds wrongdoing and Congress isn't on board then no justice will be served.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Um... No. I'm not an investigator and anything I can find you can easily find with the same Google search I'd make. Furthermore, the claim that Putin and co. literally HACKED the election is a strawman argument, so I don't have to address that silliness at all.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Correction: Collusion has already been proven. That was proven with that meeting in Trump tower. HOWEVER, collusion isn't illegal. Conspiracy is illegal. Conspiracy hasn't been proven. Yet.

You mean a single meeting between Trump Jr. and a women who happened to be a Russian lawyer about possible dirt on Hillary? One that no one tried to hide at all.

link   

At this point I'm waiting until November. I really don't feel like enough Republicans will place country over party to seriously investigate Trump and we need a Blue Congress to do that.

The Russians will see to that.

link   

If you really believe that you've given up any claim to being impartial. Of course we already knew that since you are inclined to believe anything Adam Schiff says.

Even the left-wing media has given up on the tower meeting angle for the most part. The only thing you can claim they colluded to do there was expose a crime allegedly committed by Clinton. Would you prefer people to say "nah, if a candidate for President did something illegal, that's fine"?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

You mean a single meeting between Trump Jr. and a women who happened to be a Russian lawyer about possible dirt on Hillary? One that no one tried to hide at all.

You mean the Trump told his son to lie about when the cover up failed!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Schiff proved himself with the memo issue by correcting the record when Nunes tried to obfuscate things with that partisan travesty of a memo. Of course Schiff may not follow through on this claim he just made, but I see no reason to believe he won't follow through at this moment.

Also, ultimately, I trust the Mueller investigation the most, but even when the Mueller investigation ends if he finds wrongdoing and Congress isn't on board then no justice will be served.

You mean the one that contained a bunch of classified information and was essentially a he said-she said and we don't know who was telling the truth without seeing the underlying documents? You just assume the Democrat memo was the truth with no proof?

Wow. You sure are in their pocket. No need to answer anything else, I see where you stand.
edit on 13 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Um... No. I'm not an investigator and anything I can find you can easily find with the same Google search I'd make. Furthermore, the claim that Putin and co. literally HACKED the election is a strawman argument, so I don't have to address that silliness at all.

The whole russian collusion case hinges on the fact that Putin helped Trump get elected and that would only be possible if electoral votes were changed and now it's a strawman because you have no logical answer for it? Well that was easy. Thanks for playing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join