It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rex Tillerson is OUT!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

How do you folks reconcile the fact that Trump campaigned on the guise of picking 'the best people' and yet has seemingly fired more folks in his cabinet than any other president in resent history?

#Resist and #NeverTrump ensured that he only got sandbagged with crap. So instead of the best people, he just went after folks who might be good enough.

Let me reiterate your statement to make sure I'm understanding you: Movements that opposed Trump and the Republicans (who together had complete control of the government) somehow managed to thwart all of Trump's 'best' picks and left him with no choice but to select for the top of the 'mediocre' pile?

Yes.

Long and short, that is correct.

In some cases he got who he wanted, as they weren't political insiders and thus were not leveraged. But the folks who would typically be picked for these jobs were not interested in being considered.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Yes such a 'strawman'.

Given the suspected violations, most of the congress members terminated Awan's services, Democratic Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz from Florida, however, continued to employ Awan in an advisory role.[8][7][10]

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: nwtrucker

What about the US being a member of NATO? We here in the UK would appear to have had a chemical attack on our soil and the finger points to Russia.

The FSB have form here, remember Litvinenko.

I work in Salisbury just around the corner from where this happened. The attack was in public and traces of the nerve agent (identified by Porton Down as being a Russian one - Novichok) have been found in several public places. A Policeman who was first on the scene is critically ill and numerous members of the public have been treated.

The ball is in Russia's court. They have until midnight to come up with a believable explanation.

I gather Trump is now talking about this, albeit guardedly.

Pretty serious stuff.

We Brits may even have to up our security alert status to "A bit miffed".

Would be nice indeed to have some back up from our Yank friends.

You'll get that 'back-up' when it's warranted.

I don't trust your or our 'media', whatsoever. This IS a media play. Perhaps valid and perhaps not.

If I was Putin, and he's a lot smarter than me, I wouldn't use my own 'nerve agent'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the U.S. is involved with the destruction/storage of Russian nerve agents both financially and physically by agreement.

Nobody suspects a potential false flag? Not even a possibility??

Time will tell....after an unbelievable amount of smoke, diatribe and finger pointing.

I, for one, am not taking one step closer to a war with Russia, especially with the stress ongoing in Syria.

I'd add this smells very similarly to the Churchill efforts that resulted in a cold war between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R..

Could be wrong, but I'm not jumping on the band wagon quite yet. JMO, though.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

How do you folks reconcile the fact that Trump campaigned on the guise of picking 'the best people' and yet has seemingly fired more folks in his cabinet than any other president in resent history?

#Resist and #NeverTrump ensured that he only got sandbagged with crap. So instead of the best people, he just went after folks who might be good enough.

Let me reiterate your statement to make sure I'm understanding you: Movements that opposed Trump and the Republicans (who together had complete control of the government) somehow managed to thwart all of Trump's 'best' picks and left him with no choice but to select for the top of the 'mediocre' pile?

Yes.

..the folks who would typically be picked for these jobs were not interested in being considered.

How is this not Trump's fault for assuming anyone/everyone would want to come work for him? When he said he'd pick the best people, I would assume those people fit two criteria: 1.) They are at or near the top of the field in their respective experiential study areas, and 2.) They want to work for Trump.

My view see's Trump's claim as pure braggadocio with no basis in fact or historical capacity (like much of what comes out of his mouth). I just thought it was relevant to review in this thread given the context of Tillerson's (as one who many considered one of his best selections in the cabinet) departure.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Nothing to reconcile. He gives them the chance, if they fail...."your fired".

Open front door, open back door. The tough part is finding people that aren't part of the swamp.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Wayfarer

Yes such a 'strawman'.

Given the suspected violations, most of the congress members terminated Awan's services, Democratic Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz from Florida, however, continued to employ Awan in an advisory role.[8][7][10]

Straw Man Argument: A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

In this case, my argument that 'Trump picks only the best people' is false as clearly demonstrated by the huge number of firings. You bring up a tangentially related argument (one that I did not present) as your response for why its ok for Trump to have said that - is literally a text-book Straw Man argument.

So, thanks for confirming your embarrassment over Trump's inability to select/maintain a worthwhile cabinet.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The tough part is finding people that aren't part of the swamp.

Are you implying that even Trump is not perfect when it comes to selecting folks who aren't part of 'the swamp', and if so, why would he claim to be the one to come 'drain' it if he can't be trusted to identify who is even a part of it?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
He ( Trump ) is a game show host...playing to his strength and using his catchphrase..." You're Fired ! "
He knows what his fanboys like to see and never fails to deliver.

" best people "
" drain the swamp "
" tired of winning "
" maga "

Trump is a living breathing brand....the trumpets have subscribed to it. All that is left for them now is buyer's remorse....like when you blow your $$$ on some cheap plastic crap that breaks a half hour after you buy it and you end up throwing it in the trash.
Trump is that plastic.

Charlie Brooker couldn't write it better

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wow. The revolving door of the Cheeto administration continues to accelerate.

The Orange House is starting to look like one of those neverending clown cars at the circus...

“Comrade Cheeto, your secretary ease no longer friendly to mother Russia. We want him removed. You will comply!”

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes.

..the folks who would typically be picked for these jobs were not interested in being considered.

How is this not Trump's fault for assuming anyone/everyone would want to come work for him? When he said he'd pick the best people, I would assume those people fit two criteria: 1.) They are at or near the top of the field in their respective experiential study areas, and 2.) They want to work for Trump.

My view see's Trump's claim as pure braggadocio with no basis in fact or historical capacity (like much of what comes out of his mouth). I just thought it was relevant to review in this thread given the context of Tillerson's (as one who many considered one of his best selections in the cabinet) departure.

In what universe to political insiders not want to work in the white house and have access to the president?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I just wonder if this bully-baby-man will ever find the courage to fire a mature, grown-up intelligent man in a face to face, toe to toe meeting.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Wow. The revolving door of the Cheeto administration continues to accelerate.

The Orange House is starting to look like one of those neverending clown cars at the circus...

“Comrade Cheeto, your secretary ease no longer friendly to mother Russia. We want him removed. You will comply!”

See this post. How is replacing people who aren't getting the job done a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Well that now puts the CIA officially in charge of the Global Engagement Center. Quite an odd person IMO to take this position over considering their animosity with POTUS.

The CIA now directly controls the media and academic partnerships to deliver some good propaganda to the American people through the Global Engagement Center, an agency headed by the Secretary of State.

Goodbye Trump, we hardly knew you. One term President now unfortunately. I guess he really did not want to run for a second term.

QUITTER!!

I honestly think this is more related to Kurdistan and Turkey's violent hatred towards them than this silly Russian agent assassination allegation. Rex Tillerson was the guy securing the oil from the Kurds in Obama's tenure with meetings and cutting deals. Now those guys have lost their direct liaison and been replaced by the CIA who bent over for Turkish intelligence and reclassified the YPG as terrorist organization on their world factbook only days after Turkish Operation Olive Branch, the violent invasion and takeover of Northern Syria, went into full force.

It appears the Turks (MIT) have their tentacles embedded here deeper than we realized.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Talking about media, Russia's state TV basically said if you are a traitor and go live in the UK you can expect to be killed.

He used his own nerve agent to send a message. The FSB got away with murdering Litvinenko with Polonium, remember. They could have used a more conventianl and less exotic method but they want to send a message. He's basically saying "So, what are you going to do about it?"

False flag? Could be, but if you apply the "Duck" test, it's pretty clear.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The tough part is finding people that aren't part of the swamp.

Are you implying that even Trump is not perfect when it comes to selecting folks who aren't part of 'the swamp', and if so, why would he claim to be the one to come 'drain' it if he can't be trusted to identify who is even a part of it?

Of course, he isn't 'perfect'. He's a citizen President. Diplomacy isn't his forte and to his credit, he selected from more traditional groups.

For all we know Tillerson wants out and this gives him a face saving means. We don't know the story behind it.

Tillerson has strayed from the Trump rhetoric often and that may be acceptable or even planned as a strategy by both. Again, who knows?

You can snipe all you want. I am more than satisfied with Trump, overall.

Another possibility is it's a 'head on a pike' situation to get his cabinet more in line/active.

In any event, I'm not losing any sleep over it.....

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Talking about media, Russia's state TV basically said if you are a traitor and go live in the UK you can expect to be killed.

He used his own nerve agent to send a message. The FSB got away with murdering Litvinenko with Polonium, remember. They could have used a more conventianl and less exotic method but they want to send a message. He's basically saying "So, what are you going to do about it?"

False flag? Could be, but if you apply the "Duck" test, it's pretty clear.

Not impossible at all. Putin seems to be in political trouble at home, if the 'media' is to believed and a war or the threat of one could be a strategy on his part.

It could be a false flag used to get rid of Putin while his in a weakened position at home.

We flat out don't know for sure.

The media coverage is the warning bell for me. That is the biggest issue I have. Period.
edit on 13-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

P.S. The boys are getting better at making it look, sound and walk like a duck. Otherwise it wouldn't be a false flag, would it????
edit on 13-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Seems like Rexy isn't on board with the NK agenda.

Why?

Because it's a sure fire lose. Kim's father pulled the same bait and switch con. Now Trump has legitimized the DPRK regime and got nothing in return. As Tillerson would say: moron.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And he found out the same way (and time) we all did. Shame on Trump.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Not sure he is in any political trouble at home - quite the opposite, in fact. The election result looks to be a forgone conclusion, ie he is going to win (bearing in mind how he has fixed any opposition).

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Not sure he is in any political trouble at home - quite the opposite, in fact. The election result looks to be a forgone conclusion, ie he is going to win (bearing in mind how he has fixed any opposition).

Oh, I have zero doubt on election results, cough, cough.

It's the Russian mafia and the rest of the power brokers that would be his concern. He did drop out of sight for a week or two a few months back. The speculation was rampant.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join