It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rex Tillerson is OUT!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It honestly must suck to spend so much energy defending Trump and company at literally every turn on ATS.

The best people, lol.

The best people who are actually a part of the swamp, that Trump hired in the first place, only for him to fire then replace with another swamper than to fire them as well.

And they call it "4D chess," it's embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
It honestly must suck to spend so much energy defending Trump and company at literally every turn on ATS.

The best people, lol.

The best people who are actually a part of the swamp, that Trump hired in the first place, only for him to fire then replace with another swamper than to fire them as well.

If folks would stop making up complete BS, defending Trump wouldn't take nearly as much effort. And folks like me wouldn't be in his defense at all.

There are an awful lot of folks who only dislike Trump opposition more than him....but still dislike him quite a bit. I'd suspect its a sizable piece of the voting public.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
yeah here is a thing.

I remember Trump always talking about on the campaign trail about how he was going to get "The best people" to work with him in the White House.

Well he's obviously failing at that if a senior government official is either being fired or resigning every other week.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

How do you folks reconcile the fact that Trump campaigned on the guise of picking 'the best people' and yet has seemingly fired more folks in his cabinet than any other president in resent history?

I reconcile it as a promise kept.

Only an absolute fool, capable of being branded as a dummy in the world of Idiocracy, would hear that promise and somehow think Donald Trump has this magical list of every person on the planet that he can look down and see who is best qualified for a specific job. What Trump can do, which is the basis of his promise, is to choose the best qualified from the list of available candidates, rather than choosing the most politically expedient a'la any one of the recent Presidents. Then, every appointee must actually perform the job well, or risk being replaced when someone with better qualifications/capability comes along.

That is exactly what has happened. Tillerson served as the best available pick until someone better came along and/or Tillerson proved to be less than good at his position.

Of course, I know you didn't really expect Trump to have that magical list... you're an ATS member and obviously much smarter than that. Thank you for allowing me to counter any such idiocy that someone else might actually believe. Only someone who who was fired from CNN for a lack of intelligence could be so stoopid...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Also Trump announced it on Twitter. To me that is spineless....same thing to Comey....Trump had no problem firing people on TV, seems that in real life he is a coward!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Forget about left/right paradigm, how is this 'hire and fire' reality tv game going to help the county?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
yeah here is a thing.

I remember Trump always talking about on the campaign trail about how he was going to get "The best people" to work with him in the White House.

Well he's obviously failing at that if a senior government official is either being fired or resigning every other week.

OH exactly " I only hire the best people." A year later and they are jumping ship or being fired.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually, here's the thing. I don't give a rats behind if he changes staff like I change underwear, as long as he us accomplishing things I agree with. As long as he does that, and as far as I'm concerned he is, he can hire/fire anyone that suits him. Everything he's done from Gorshuch to tax cuts to deregulation, to Isis, to making libs look foolish is a big fat win.

Forget getting out of the Paris accord scam.
edit on 3132018 by Mach2 because: Paris accord

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ah! I just turned on Fox and Tillerson is going to make a public statement. We'll see what he says.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

How do you folks reconcile the fact that Trump campaigned on the guise of picking 'the best people' and yet has seemingly fired more folks in his cabinet than any other president in resent history?

I reconcile it as a promise kept.

Only an absolute fool, capable of being branded as a dummy in the world of Idiocracy, would hear that promise and somehow think Donald Trump has this magical list of every person on the planet that he can look down and see who is best qualified for a specific job. What Trump can do, which is the basis of his promise, is to choose the best qualified from the list of available candidates, rather than choosing the most politically expedient a'la any one of the recent Presidents. Then, every appointee must actually perform the job well, or risk being replaced when someone with better qualifications/capability comes along.

That is exactly what has happened. Tillerson served as the best available pick until someone better came along and/or Tillerson proved to be less than good at his position.

Of course, I know you didn't really expect Trump to have that magical list... you're an ATS member and obviously much smarter than that. Thank you for allowing me to counter any such idiocy that someone else might actually believe. Only someone who who was fired from CNN for a lack of intelligence could be so stoopid...

TheRedneck

That's a fair viewpoint, and at least a logical basis for explaining such a large amount of staff shakeups.

That being said, wouldn't picking a disproportionate number of folks who later turn out to be 'unqualified' or 'no longer adequately fulfill the responsibilities of their job' be indicative of someone who is having difficulty either identifying the right candidates or has oversold their ability to select them (as I posited earlier)?

On the flip side, it could almost be surmised that I could leverage your logic to denote that Trump is being unsuccessful if he doesn't 'shake up/fire' some cabinet member every couple weeks....

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The best people, lol.

If folks would stop making up complete BS, defending Trump wouldn't take nearly as much effort. And folks like me wouldn't be in his defense at all.

There are an awful lot of folks who only dislike Trump opposition more than him....but still dislike him quite a bit. I'd suspect its a sizable piece of the voting public.

I happen to know a few such people. If it wasn't for all the over-the-top hysteria, he'd actually probably lose support. The only people it plays well with are people who already hate Trump and aren't going to change. Most people are just sick of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Just say what the complete bullshiite is then...in your opinion that is.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
A year in they are fired. If you do not follow policy and you do not have the same views as the POTUS you should be fired. How is this so hard to understand. It is like I said earlier in the thread. The 'politicians' are losing it because they are being made to produce.

Easy example. DACA. First it was the Pelosi/Schumer meeting. Then they were given 6 months. They tried and tried and tried in the media to scare Trump into conceding and he didn't. So now the DACA date has come and gone and who is to blame? The DNC and the RINO's who did not support Trump and his agenda. This will hurt them in 2018 no matter what the talking box/internet says.

He is weeding people out.

What is really really sad is no one is celebrating the non-misogyny of appointing the first female CIA director. ALL the news media is not talking it up but saying she was involved in torture.

So the POTUS assigns a woman to one of the highest intel posts in the world and the media attacks her. The double-standard because of HRC did it there would be a parade.
edit on Marpm31pmf0000002018-03-13T13:16:03-05:000103 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm surprised anyone is surprised , we knew he was going since late last year so this is just confirmation.

The revolving White House door just keeps revolving.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

State position =/= "Honorably"

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

State position =/= "Honorably"

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Thank you.

That being said, wouldn't picking a disproportionate number of folks who later turn out to be 'unqualified' or 'no longer adequately fulfill the responsibilities of their job' be indicative of someone who is having difficulty either identifying the right candidates or has oversold their ability to select them (as I posited earlier)?

Not really. The job of Secretary of State is an extremely specific position, as are most cabinet positions. The "best qualified" is not only somewhat subjective based on policy, but also can actually change depending on the world situation. When Tillerson was appointed, the biggest concern was the disagreement with Russia over the leadership of Syria and the concerns over the Iran Deal. Tillerson's extensive background with Russia in business was likely a major reason he was chosen. Today, I would argue that this has changed and now the North Korea situation holds a top priority. Perhaps Pompeo has the necessary skill set to deal with them.

A CEO can be the best on the planet for running a brick-and-mortar clothing store chain, but be completely inadequate for operating an Internet-only department store. In a world where things are always changing, so is the definition of "best qualified."

On the flip side, it could almost be surmised that I could leverage your logic to denote that Trump is being unsuccessful if he doesn't 'shake up/fire' some cabinet member every couple weeks....

Again, thank you for allowing me to pre-emptively clear that potential misunderstanding up before someone embarrassed themselves by bringing it up. With no knowledge of state secrets and what is actually being talked about/addressed behind the scene, it is foolish to place such a subjective yardstick on the public actions that result. The 'proof' that Trump is indeed choosing the best qualified candidates for positions is that these candidates produce results commiserate with the President's agenda and are replaced when and only when their performance as seen from that world of cloaked secrets is inadequate.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The best people, lol.

I didn't "make up," the best people.

But I forget, Trump's own words is BS and fake news. Lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I watched Tillerson. IMO, he was shaken from the dismissal, and thus probably believed that his position was secure until getting the phone call. In his favor, he did pledge to help ensure a smooth transition. Unlike Comey, who was immediately removed from his office, Tillerson will remain until March 31 to help ensure a smooth transition, although his duties are being surrendered to the deputy SoS Sullivan as of midnight tonight;.

I did catch a few phrases that made me think the issue that cost him his position was North Korea. It sounded like there was a disagreement over the type of diplomacy needed. Trump's actions were a more "cowboyish" form of retorts and bluffs over military action, while the previous administrations preferred a gentler style of diplomacy that ultimately failed time after time, and Tillerson has a record of preferring 'diplomatic solutions' to any military action. Of course, in this one circumstance, Trump's idea has worked. I am thinking that Tillerson was not as capable of playing the kind of hardball with Kim Jong Un that Trump felt was necessary at this time. Future actions will bear this belief out, as Pompeo's actions will be a direct indicator of whether or not I am right in my belief.

I have great respect and sympathy for Rex Tillerson after hearing him. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Next on the chopping block, Mattis or McMaster? Or will they bail?

If Trump can't instill loyalty to his agenda and his personal snarky style, the country has a real problem. Glad I don't have kids to see our decent into chaos.
edit on 13-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join