It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite Video Evidence, The Pentagon Isn’t Taking UFOs Serious Enough

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
Even a skeptic can’t really deny that there is a pattern here of unkown objects flying in our skies.

Sure. Stuff shows up in the sky or elsewhere, then it goes away.

Everyone should be on board at this point for a serious look at this from the government.

They likely have, and concluded that 99.99 percent of the stuff people see is our own secret aircraft, and the other .01 percent is puzzling, but isn't enough of a threat to worry about.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: tonycodes
Even a skeptic can’t really deny that there is a pattern here of unkown objects flying in our skies.

Sure. Stuff shows up in the sky or elsewhere, then it goes away.

Everyone should be on board at this point for a serious look at this from the government.

They likely have, and concluded that 99.99 percent of the stuff people see is our own secret aircraft, and the other .01 percent is puzzling, but isn't enough of a threat to worry about.

Off course they are looking into it. Militery sightings alone is enough to justify that. This including militery base sightings, pilot sightings with radar confirmation. Pilots have stated there plane camera recorded footage of some of these ufos, only for the video never to be seen again.

Logic tells you that they are more interested in this than they are letting on. Also, it is stupid and nor logical to think they would simply ignore this because it is not a threat :/

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So are we ok with the govt just making all this amazing tech with our tax dollars and not telling us? I mean it’s not the end of the world to turn a blind eye sometimes, but I just feel like the whole UFO topic has been a household name for a very long time. When do we move this from mystery to fact in some fashion?

It’s crazy that we as people have been complacent for DECADES that some “things” are FLYING AROUND US. I can be skeptical that these flying objects are aliens from space, but how long do we collectively just glaze over this old phenomenon and not care that SOMETHING is happening over and over. I think it’s an obvious pattern and it should be important after all this time to understand why it’s happening.

The world is quite desensitized now, an official investigation that is well documented and public would have scared people 20 years ago, not now. I think the people want it.

edit on 14-3-2018 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I hate it. It's infuriating. I think it was no more than 5 posts in your thread before project blue book was cited as a defense. As if there aren't REAMS of evidence gathered since Blue Book was terminated. As if anyone in their right mind could justify the narrative "welp, they're real, but we can't do anything about it, so why worry?" That is not how politics works. It works by saying "you're crazy, there's no problem in the first place." And that's what has been demonstrated. If, IF, the US Government has not been secretly researching this topic for almost a century then the US Government is a joke and needs to be replaced. I say this in the specific context of the UFO topic, not generally. I think only STUPID PEOPLE accept explanations like weather balloons and swamp gas and f'ing desert seagulls. STUPID STUPID PEOPLE willing to accept popular science because it helps them feel smarter. It only takes ONE counter example to disprove a theory, no matter how many armchair "skeptics" vote on it. Now you have three in the past four months. Wake up.

ETA: Project Blue Book was outed as a disinformation campaign by J. Allen Hynek, the lead researcher. The IC at the time was worried about the susceptibility of US alert capabilities being compromised by a terrestrial adversary by faking a UFO. This is a fair argument, and brings into context the mission of Blue Book to find banal explanations for ALL reports, and if none can be found, make it up. People forget what the state of the art in the '60s were. Now we call it a Denial of Service attack(DoS).
edit on 14-3-2018 by Zelun because: ETA

a reply to: Gothmog
yeah you. I'm calling you out.
edit on 14-3-2018 by Zelun because: Gothmog

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

It is frustrating. Bringing up project blue book as evidence for all ufos to be explained is very silly. But people who do say this are people who know very little about the subject, but want to be part of the "critical thinking" group, as if that somehow makes them an expert in the subject.

But just like the person I responded to first who brought up project blue book, they disapear before the going gets tough, and will not reply.

Is there evidence that something odd is flying in our air space? Overwhelming evidence that this is the case. But people like to be part of groups. Just the way we are

Gothmog will not reply I'm afraid

edit on 15-3-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join