It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found true happiness for the first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
After a life of being used, deceived, cheated, and violated i found that true happiness is being totally alone and not allowing anyone a part of your life. Doing so means you are not constantly creating triggers in your mind and that means when you are in a great mood the thought of other people won’t ruin it.

During this past year i have experienced more happiness that in the previous 4 decades of life.

Being alone and only thinking of yourself and what pleases you is the best way to live i have found so far.

Anyone else enjoy life more when totally alone?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
were always alone even when in company, but sometimes we need to realize it to value it.
a reply to: Tyred

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
But, what about a cat, everybody needs to be a slave to their cat.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I have a life-mate that is dying. I have always been with another so I am contemplating being alone, for the first time in ever.

I take some comfort in your post in that I realize that being alone can be a thing that makes me more... complete. If that makes any sense.

Your post was timely for me. Thank you for that.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Mortality and life sucks. But as we age we got stay positive as much as we can and not think too much about losing loved ones....seen a few close friends and family leave in the last few years. I understand your sadness - who knows what tomorrow brings

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The more I think about your post I fully understand with what you're saying, however, It's a tad hard to not have interactions with human beings. But, if that makes your heart content and happy then more power to you. Personally, I don't think it is good for human beings to be alone, male or female. I would assume that you don't have that special someone who holds your heart?

I have tried what you are doing and enjoyed it well, but I always found there was something missing. Maybe that's just me.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Something like that happened to me one day.
Not that my glasses broke,
but rather:

Sitting by the lakeshore,
with wind and rain as my only companions,
book after book of human drama
and interpersonal plot twists ...

As interpersonal drama lost meaning in solitude
so also did the joy of time spent reading alone.

I came back. I now take human drama in measured amounts.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Love me some solitude.
I miss loved ones who have passed.
Now I am most at peace in solitude with my paints, a guitar, a good dog, and a bottle of whiskey.
I have to work with others to be able to afford this luxury.
I enjoy every minute of solitude that I earn.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Being single doesn't have to mean being alone.

My lifee became much simpler after commiting to myself rather than another first.

Have fun and enjoy the freedom.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Don't let the abuse paint you into a corner, enjoy your release from that prison, then find someone else thats not so controlling.

You know the difference now.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
In Germany it is known as 'Sturmfrei'... Storm Free (I might have the German spelling wrong.) It is that feeling of elation one gets when they find themselves in the house, alone, and not inclined to a duty that needs doing... simply free, within the house, of any other will except their own.

My batteries recharge when I am alone, so, I tend to go that way.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyred
After a life of being used, deceived, cheated, and violated i found that true happiness is being totally alone and not allowing anyone a part of your life. Doing so means you are not constantly creating triggers in your mind and that means when you are in a great mood the thought of other people won’t ruin it.

During this past year i have experienced more happiness that in the previous 4 decades of life.

Being alone and only thinking of yourself and what pleases you is the best way to live i have found so far.

Being alone imo for a time is very important in life, it shows us a humbling view of ourselves, because when something goes wrong that only person we have to blame is ourselves. And it shows us how to empower ourselves by working through our flaws, and hangups.

We all make our own choices in life, but many times blame others and things for our own choices.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyred

Ummm...yet...here you are...reaching out...

I get what your attempting to communicate...however...if truth be told...your on an open forum...opening dialogue with other beings...

This is an attempt either consciously or subconsciously to assuage that loneliness...and also an effort to be talked down from your current state...

If that were not so...you would not have posted...nor would you have a social media account in the first place...

Your not alone...you never will be...your psyche sure is lonely though...

...Here's to comradery...and good company...

YouSir

top topics

join