It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the Land of the Free for All

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The only time I've ever really "lost it" was during college I was looking for a parking spot. The lot was full and everyone was doing the musical chair thing. Anyway, a spot opened up and I was waiting patiently with blinker on for the car to pull out so I could park. As the car pulled out, another car from the opposite direction comes around and snags the spot even though I was clearly waiting on it. He was able to grab the spot because the car pulling out kind of blocked me from turning.

I am a calm guy, but I really almost went postal at that moment. I mean, I had a "falling down" moment where I was just absolutely triggered. The guy taking the spot was so egregious, self-centered, and rude that every cell in my body wanted to pound his face into the pavement. The guy pulled into the space and hopped out his car so fast and looked right at me kind of like "Yeah, I know I am being a d*ck..." He also kind of walked so fast that i didn't even have time to actually get out of my car and confront the guy.

I think it took me about 15 minutes to calm down. I literally was going to go vandalize his car I was so POed. Fortunately, I was able to talk myself back from doing something rash, but got darn it would have felt good to have this ahole come out to four flat tires and syrup/dirt smeared across his windshield.

To this day, I have never been so angry about anything...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I return my cart to the cart return for the same reason: a good citizen doing civic duty.

Oh man, this is one of those things that drives me insane. I cannot stand when people don't put their shopping cart back. It is just so rude and inconsiderate. It isn't even like you have to walk far given most of these stores have cart returns in the parking lot. Talk about lazy. Nothing gets my blood boiling like having to stop and get out of the car and move a shopping cart because some idiot couldn't simply walk it to a cart return.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

First come first serve, for cars. Its not a park bench, its a space for cars. Everyone drives around and around in their cars, until a spot opens up. Reserving it with your body is cheating.

I dont see how so many responsders dont get it - its so simple, you cannot reserve a space with your body

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

If I really wanted to have fun, I'd have the boyfriend get our food to go and have a little picnic right there in the parking spot.

hahahaha - thats novel and workable.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I responded to your words here -

Depending on the classification of that parking lot, it may be legal for a person to hold that spot.

You must have different etiquette in the States - I didnt know pedestrians could camp out in multi-level car parks

It would be illegal to charge someone for a parking spot if you are not the owner of that spot. Anyone trying to sell a spot would be in violation of the law, even if the guy in this video offered them money and they accepted it, they could be charged with a crime

Why would it be illegal - no different than what the sense of entitlement those 2 lady's displayed by denying the next car the parking spot.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

and push them out of the way while the driver parks.

Yeh but you leave yourself open to assault charges.

I woulda just started nudging them with my car

Using your car would cause all sorts of legal problems.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I responded to your words here -

Depending on the classification of that parking lot, it may be legal for a person to hold that spot.

You must have different etiquette in the States - I didnt know pedestrians could camp out in multi-level car parks

It would be illegal to charge someone for a parking spot if you are not the owner of that spot. Anyone trying to sell a spot would be in violation of the law, even if the guy in this video offered them money and they accepted it, they could be charged with a crime

Why would it be illegal - no different than what the sense of entitlement those 2 lady's displayed by denying the next car the parking spot.

I own a business with a parking lot, if someone was charging people to park there I would call the police, I own the property and I am liable for it. I could bring charges against the person charging. I put up signs that say authorized parking only, I do let the help at the bar next door and the owner park there though. I am a friend of his. But people will argue with me that they can park there because others park there. They are authorized to park there. I actually had a person call the police because I blocked the alley between the buildings because people were drinking there and smashing glass bottles, I was afraid someone was going to get hurt. That did not work well for the person at the apartment building across the street, when the cop went to discuss it with them, pot smoke came rushing out of their apartment. If you have a rocky boat, don't make waves.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

hahahaha - thats novel and workable.

And nothing infuriates jerks more than beating them at their own game

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: worldstarcountry

and push them out of the way while the driver parks.

Yeh but you leave yourself open to assault charges.

I woulda just started nudging them with my car

Using your car would cause all sorts of legal problems.

Yeah, that qualifies as assault with a motor vehicle, that happens around here once in a while, people usually get about thirty days in jail for stuff like that, and a big fine.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: rickymouse

So I can camp on 2 spots saying I'm reserving them for 2 cars and "you can have one if you pay me $20"

It would be illegal to charge someone for a parking spot if you are not the owner of that spot. Anyone trying to sell a spot would be in violation of the law, even if the guy in this video offered them money and they accepted it, they could be charged with a crime. I have had someone save a spot for me while I went and got a car to load up some supplies for my business. I have done the same thing when I was helping someone move out of their appartment, saving a spot right next to the door in a complex helps. You move one truck out, then another one in that spot so you do not have to carry stuff across the parking lot. I learned forty years to do that when helping someone move, people will grab that spot in front of the door right away and they have no concept of how they inconvenience others most times. If I see someone moving out of a spot and they are moving and have more vehicles to load, I would not park there. I would do the considerate thing.

Nothing wrong with the example above... most people don't have an issue with a contractor or people moving furniture, etc holding a space right in front of a building for convenience while working. However, that is totally different from what is going on in the OPs video.

This situation is like being in a crowded mall or area with a lot of people looking for parking at the same time. Cars are going around like musical chairs waiting for a space to open. When a space opens up near your car, you get the spot. That is how we do in the civilized world. In this case, the Asian lady sees a space ON AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT AISLE of where her car is presently located meaning she would not get that space. The car filming has the claim to the open spot as it gets to it first. Instead, the Asian lady runs across the aisle to block the space so her driver can then make it around and claim the spot. This is just a straight up self centered d*ck move. Period.

She is probably already parked and is going to save a spot for their friends who are going shopping or to the restaurant with them. I actually do not see a problem with a person watching out for their friends or relatives. Most people around here would do the same thing I do.

You would be surprised how many people are self centered and do not try to help their friends. Around here friends get together and help each other fix up their houses. So just because they are not hiring a licensed builder, should they be penalized? I am a licensed builder, I actually gave lots of people advice to do their own work, other builders did not like when I did that. I did it for nothing for many people who could not afford to have someone do their work. So was I evil because I did that, I was to some other builders.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

First come first serve, for cars. Its not a park bench, its a space for cars. Everyone drives around and around in their cars, until a spot opens up. Reserving it with your body is cheating.

I dont see how so many responsders dont get it - its so simple, you cannot reserve a space with your body

If we carry their practice of 'reservations' to a logical conclusion, one day there will be people on foot there waiting for people to call on their phone to 'reserve' a parking space until they get there. All the spaces that come open would be 'occupied' by people standing in them, waiting for a pre-reserved car to show up. If you aren't on their network you don't get a spot in the parking garage, have to drive off the property and find a space far away on the street and walk to the store.

Now the establishment has to hire a guard to roam the garage in a golf cart, enforcing the right to park your car in empty spots. "No parking guarding ma'am. This isn't your culture, its ours."
Lulz

Oh and by the way, stay out of the fast lane, use your turn signals and stop texting while sitting at lights.
edit on 13-3-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I return my cart to the cart return for the same reason: a good citizen doing civic duty.

Oh man, this is one of those things that drives me insane. I cannot stand when people don't put their shopping cart back. It is just so rude and inconsiderate. It isn't even like you have to walk far given most of these stores have cart returns in the parking lot. Talk about lazy. Nothing gets my blood boiling like having to stop and get out of the car and move a shopping cart because some idiot couldn't simply walk it to a cart return.

hahahahah

i never put # back. wal mart needs to send pimple face out a bit more often and hop to it.
not my problem

but this situation with the lady standing in the parking lot would have got me up to 11 for sure.

what to do though. cant physically move them. keep inching in? you have a camera on the car so try to get them to hit your car or something. kick it?

i dont know but its a bumer

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

hey johnny parking space law scholar.

its called a #ing parking space man. those garages are packed enough.
you cant stand in a spot and stop a car from being able to pull in.

you damn well know it

dont need to cite city code whatever the #

whats your problem

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

The charging for the space in a multi level carpark was tongue in cheek.

But people will argue with me that they can park there because others park there.

Its your carpark and your right to do what you want with it.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

If we carry their practice of 'reservations' to a logical conclusion, one day there will be people on foot there waiting for people to call on their phone to 'reserve' a parking space until they get there. All the spaces that come open would be 'occupied' by people standing in them, waiting for a pre-reserved car to show up.

Dare you state the obvious

Here's a novel idea..design a uber style app where you have an army of freelancers hold onto spots - you get a transaction fee. Why should normal forms of etiquette "like my car was here first apply".

Why not have professional line cutters in emergency rooms at hospitals saving you a spot. Why should the person having a heart attack in front of me get priority treatment. I stubbed my ingrown toenail.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

you cant stand in a spot and stop a car from being able to pull in.

Its is black and white in my view as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I did not see them whip out their cell phones. By the time they do I am already parked. To be frank, I really don't care if they call the police. if I simply pick her or both of them up on my shoulders and move them over while the wife parks, there is really no way for them to prove I battered or assaulted them.

I have had this conversation before between a disgruntled third party and an officer. He sees no visible signs of injury or assault, there is no proof or witnesses, he just walks away and said "please don't waste our time, and the two of you stay away from each other."

Many car garages don't really put surveillance out there. I would just lie anyways and say "I was parking in this spot and these crazy ladies just came out of nowhere claiming it was there spot, but no car was in it."

Officer is just going to walk away and file his report as "he said/she said"
Been there done that when it comes to fools that try to call cops on you for picking them up or pushing them out of your way for different reasons. People so whimpy now a days. Why not throw a fist instead of calling the cops for a shove?? Then I can claim self defense

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

More Lao Tzu training and meditation will help-Park far away and walk say thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join