It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the Land of the Free for All

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
WTF I didn't know you could reserve car spots with your physical body

Nicholas Chew:

Just to clarify, I left because the woman who came at the end offered to give the women her spot because she saw that there were a lot of poor souls stuck behind us because of this situation (there's no space to go around). I knew that they, being the idiots that they are, would not leave this spot. So I sucked it up and decided to take the high road and take the woman's spot and go enjoy my dim sum while they remain the miserable #s that they probably are. If there wasn't a giant line of innocent bystander cars stuck because of us, I definitely would not have moved.

edit on 12-3-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I WAS HERE FIRST

www.thesun.co.uk...

When the woman still refuses to move, the irate male driver sounds his horn, shouting: “You f***ing serious right now, woman? Get out of here.” To which the woman continues to protest: “I was here first,” accompanied by more pointing and arm waving. The man is then heard yelling: “I'm gonna stand here, I got time.”

edit on 12-3-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The chinese have no rules, don't they know that. That's why companies put flavored paper meats into gyoza and sell them.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

? I think the wrapping is paper.

Never heard of paper meats

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

? I think the wrapping is paper.

Never heard of paper meats

sorrry, meat flavored paper

me za think'n not so swift, maybe me eat da gyoza for lunch,

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I think too much MSG has affected your language skills - your English wasn't that bad in your thread below - unless its the radiation in Japan?

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=musicismagic

In case you people don't know Mc'd and Kentucky Fried Chicken was one of the ones that got caught using Chinese "dead" chickens. Sales went really down here in Japan because of it and the KFC no longer imports nuggets and McD won't use or no longer import chicken brokers from China

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I think too much MSG has affected your language skills - your English wasn't that bad in your thread below - unless its the radiation in Japan?

In case you people don't know Mc'd and Kentucky Fried Chicken was one of the ones that got caught using Chinese "dead" chickens. Sales went really down here in Japan because of it and the KFC no longer imports nuggets and McD won't use or no longer import chicken brokers from China

Thank you.

After re-reading it, I began to think, wholly smackers, am I slipping a bit. But it is true about the meat flavored paper being stuff into chinese gyoza. Also some Japanese here died from eating poison Chinese gyoza. Use Duck Duck Go and search it.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Thank you - I hope my earlier post didn't come off too harsh

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

WTF I didn't know you could reserve car spots with your physical body

Nicholas Chew:

Just to clarify, I left because the woman who came at the end offered to give the women her spot because she saw that there were a lot of poor souls stuck behind us because of this situation (there's no space to go around). I knew that they, being the idiots that they are, would not leave this spot. So I sucked it up and decided to take the high road and take the woman's spot and go enjoy my dim sum while they remain the miserable #s that they probably are. If there wasn't a giant line of innocent bystander cars stuck because of us, I definitely would not have moved.

I've seen someone do this before in a crowded parking garage. It is kind of a d*ck move, but whatever...

Here in Chicago, we have this thing called "dibs" during the winter where people will reserve parking spaces on the street after a heavy snow. People dig their car out of the snow and then put a chair, old baby stroller, bucket or anything to essentially mark the spot as reserved. The thinking is that it could take someone up to 30 minutes to dig their car out of the snow and so it is unfair that when they move their car that someone else would take the spot after not doing the work to clear the snow.

Of course, people use it as an excuse to hold a space for several days long after the snow has melted. Parking in one of these spaces will get your car keyed or worse.

Chicago Parking Dibs

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Depending on the classification of that parking lot, it may be legal for a person to hold that spot. If the spot was on a city street, laws can apply that make standing in it illegal, but that is not the case in this video. The person in the wrong is probably the driver in this case.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Depending on the classification of that parking lot, it may be legal for a person to hold that spot. If the spot was on a city street, laws can apply that make standing in it illegal, but that is not the case in this video. The person in the wrong is probably the driver in this case.

There is no law... c'mon. It is pretty clear the chick ran across to block the space as whoever she was with would have not gotten that space as their car was not even close or even in the same parking aisle.

I've also seen where people will move a car and then wait for a friend or whoever to bring their car to retake the spot keeping others from parking.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I can understand after digging up that snow in front of your house

Of course, people use it as an excuse to hold a space for several days long after the snow has melted. Parking in one of these spaces will get your car keyed or worse.

The risk of getting your car keyed isn't worth stealing someones spot in front of their house

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would’ve come back with $20 in eggs and covered their car. But hey I admit I’m petty when dealing with petty people.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: rickymouse

There is no law... c'mon. It is pretty clear the chick ran across to block the space as whoever she was with would have not gotten that space as their car was not even close or even in the same parking aisle.

I've also seen where people will move a car and then wait for a friend or whoever to bring their car to retake the spot keeping others from parking.

In some cities, they have pedestrian laws that ban people from being on a street other than in crossing areas. This is not a street, it is a parking lot, people can not be given a Jay walking ticket in a parking lot.

If this is a private parking lot, the rules governing the parking lot are made by the owner of the lot. If it is a city parking lot, then the guy blocking the road would probably be ticketed here for this. It is not a city street, it is a parking lot. Maybe some cities have special rules for this kind of stuff, that would be in their local laws. From what I saw, the guy driving was harassing people. That could be taken as racism in many areas. He also was trying trying to intimidate women. I would say that the guy and his GF were putting on a show to post on social media. They staged this.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It’s called not running people over dude.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Dude - who ran over who?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So I can camp on 2 spots saying I'm reserving them for 2 cars and "you can have one if you pay me $20"

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

This kind of thing is pretty common in Rogers Park, at
the northernmost neighborhoods of Chicago in winter.
Hey hiya jhn...

You get four inches of snow, multiply by three to find
what to shovel out of the parking spot. Now look at the
'lake effect', and Sheridan Rd. is 1 1/2 blocks as the crow
flies from the Big Rat Scrotum. That's a lot of back hurt
for a '74 TBird. Come at me fro... That last moniker for
Lake Michigan was never meant to confuse Nugent fans.
But I'll still give it a 56 because it was easy to puke toward.

what a stacked parking lot? Enclosed?! Literal snowflakes.
EDIT: Yeah I take it back. If you ever saw "Wait Until Dark",
Alan Arkin could go back and forth a whole lota times and
FAST. But he was just young and triggerable [/Jesus help me].
edit on 13-3-2018 by derfreebie because: No damn given. rebooting....

edit on 13-3-2018 by derfreebie because: Starting Windows WAY too many times for drive scratch lEver rofl

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

maybe as some have suggested he did it for the youtube

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

MSG is a helluva drug.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join