It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Legal?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

sometimes the absence of evidence is evidence itself

can you open a business today using the same model as youtube?

can you host and post without permission?

The answer is that you will be litigated out of commission if you even try.

that is your evidence

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

How has YouTube not done that? The fact that most Top 200 artists have their official channel through Vevo would indicate there are contracts in place.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Sorry to correct you, but it’s likely get found through uploading it. YouTube uses algorithms that can detect copyrighted material while its being uploaded.

(Saying this as someone with a new channel and 3 copyright notices because of music on Neverwinter. Did some digging and YouTube doesn’t hide they do this.)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Just as I thought. No evidence.

Your questions have already been answered. Asking them over and over won’t produce a different answer.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The same model? You mean let people post videos while operating within the confines of the DMCA?

Why would that site be taken down?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

what you posted is indeed what most sites use and is the difference between ats and youtube

What difference by way of the law?

It covers all sites. Does the DMCA say "except youtube".

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I didn't realize the algorithms worked that fast. I watch a lot of YouTubers so I know they're there.

By the way, how is Neverwinter? I've been out of the MMO game for a while but I just started checking out FFXIV and Warframe. I'm having fun with both of them and as a D&D player Neverwinter intrigues me.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I didn't realize the algorithms worked that fast.

Me either. I had a copyright notice before the 1st vid was fully processed lol. 3 copyright notices now, so music gets turned off. Just in case.

By the way, how is Neverwinter?

It’s made by the same folk that made Star Trek Online. You can tell as well. Similar combat, movement etc.

The game itself is pretty samey. Go to place, kill group and boss, get item , go back to person. Rinse and repeat.

Just finished downloading Monster Hunter World though. Hoping that’s good lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

MHW is great. I've tried the previous ones but this was the first one I actually got drawn in to.
edit on 3/13/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I would imagine they look at signatures for material in the data as it is uploaded. Catch it while it is loaded versus looking through random files later.

edit:

By upload I mean the time period when it first enters their system.
edit on 3/13/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Ah good.

I’ve not long started on twitch and someone recommended I get it. So I did lol.

Next game will be Kingdom Come

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

There’s the upload then the processing. My guess is it would be during processing is where it gets caught.

1 million and 1 things thrown at it to see if there’s anything there that shouldn’t be lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That's why I clarified my post. It's all processing in theory. I bet a look at the signatures they have would be interesting.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I would just stare and be lost lol.

I bet most would, tbh.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Obviously, Youtube censors various things (for various reasons). But fortunately, this is not necessarily a bad thing. Why do I say that? Because even though they will censor some stuff, Youtube is still an invaluable resource for everyone. We might not be able to use it to stand up and preach any message we feel like preaching but it's still an incredible resource and it would be a shame to lose it just because they don't allow absolutely everything.

Any kind of censorship can (if thought of the right way) provide an opportunity for someone who has the resources and the determination to create alternatives. Don't try to force Google to listen to you. Wait and watch for an alternative and support it when it appears. If it's better than youtube it will grow and potentially replace it.

Just be aware that a resource like Youtube feeds on the same fuel everything else feeds on. Money. Eventually, censorship will always prevail because you can't run a business on goodwill. If you could, we wouldn't need the IRS.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join