It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absent Friends

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I rescued this picture off my phone. It is the best picture of Missy and Teddy that exists. They're "helping" me sort the laundry.

It's a sad picture because both are now gone.

Missy died of hyperthyroid; Teddy got a brain tumor.

I remembered I had this picture while I was at work this morning and proofing an article on Pet Memorials. I pulled it up and I think the paper dust from the printers below must have been unusually heavy for a long while. I miss 'em both so very much!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ketsuko, I'm sorry for your loss. However fell fortunate that you still have the photo so that It can remind you of all the good times. I lost 2 of my dogs about 4 years ago at the same time. My phone had broke and the only photos I had left of them were all in my mind.

Back them up if you're able to.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Go ahead and make this a memorial thread.

Share pics of Absent Friends.

They deserve to be remembered.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Awh, they look so peaceful and content.

You must have been a very good kitty mom Kets!

They become a part of our lives in ways we don't
even realize, when they are gone it leaves an empty
spot for a long while.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here's a couple of mine

My first Akita I got when I was 16, she was my "soul dog" but she's sent a few others to me so I feel blessed. She was 15 When she passed.

This was my second Akita the day I had to put him to sleep at 14 from bone cancer saying goodbye to my daughter.

My Rotty who also died of cancer at 14 and my at the time 6 month old akita who passed away at 12 from a massive stroke. She was 90 pounds he was 6 months old, he ended up huge and was THE sweetest dog ever.

There's more but I have to take mom to doc and don't have their pics already loaded
I miss them all but my current 3 make sure I never forget and have loving furbabys around still

This is the one bad thing about being and animal person... we never have enough time with them!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I feel your pain.

As I am finding out myself, pictures help a lot in dealing with the pain.

I call this one "the discovery of mud"

The little rascal on the left never got to see a second spring because of that stupid cancer...

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It sucks when your pets die. When our cats all die, we are going to get a kitten so it lives longer than we will.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Dang I didn't plan on shedding tears but this thread got me right in the heart bone.
I have three pugs that are like my kids and when the time comes I will be devastated.
I take loads of pictures of them and everything they do, they were even included in my wedding engagement photos because well they are my family.

Thanks for the post,sorry for the loss of your treasured friends i am sure they treasured you as well

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's been 10 years and I still grieve over "mose" my precious cardigan corgy.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Missy and Teddy are patiently waiting for you in a MUCH better place...

According to many near-death sources, animals have souls and go to heaven just as human beings do. Within this section of the site, you can read the testimonies of people who had an NDE and were reunited with their deceased pets. These testimonies describe animals as having a heaven of their own of which humans are allowed to visit. According to NDE researcher and experiencer P.M.H. Atwater, "Both adults and children occasionally report being greeted on the Other Side by animals, especially if favored pets have previously died. Communication with our deceased pets on the Other Side is by means of mental telepathy.

Near-Death Experiences with Deceased Pets

I forgot to mention that I had seen all the pets I had as a child in heaven. Dogs and even parakeets whom I really loved. They had a caretaker - a man who took care of all the animals. So if anyone ever asks me if animals survive death, I have to say, "Yes!"

Susan's Near-Death Experience

Maggi was there. My beautiful dog, my beloved springer, came to me. She had died less than a month before, and John and I still ached from her absence. I felt her presence, her love, and she appeared to me as she had when she was in physical form - only younger, more vital.

If you are having difficulty accepting the idea that my first encounter on the other side was with a dog, you aren't the only one. While John thought it perfectly natural, one of our daughters became a little, upset when I told her about it. I think she would have preferred that her mother be greeted by Jesus, an angel, or at least by a family member. ...whoever is responsible for setting up the Welcome Wagon over there certainly knew what a delightful experience it would be for me to be greeted by her.

Jan Price's Near-Death Experience with Her Pet Dog

Many have felt the physical presence of their animals after they have died:

Robert and Kathy Simmons' dog, Hobbes, passed away while their son was at university. When he returned home and was told his pet had died, Moe replied: 'That’s impossible. He was just here and I patted him.'

'There was one woman who told me that at times she could feel her cat sitting on her lap purring, even though the cat had passed away.'

Animals and the afterlife: The dead pets who get in touch with their owners

A child is reunited with her Angora kitten in Heaven (@ 16:30 min):

"I remember once seeing a beautiful little girl enter heaven, the very first to come of a large and affectionate family. I afterward learned that the sorrowful cry of her mother was, 'Oh, if only we had someone there to meet her, to care for her!'

She came, lovingly nestled in the Master's own arms, and a little later, as he sat, still caressing and talking to her, a remarkably fine Angora kitten, of which the child had been very fond, and which had sickened and died some weeks before, to her great sorrow, came running across the grass and sprang directly into her arms, where it lay contentedly. Such a glad cry as she recognized her little favorite, such a hugging and kissing as that kitten received, made joy even in heaven!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ms. Gray, a really nice cat:

Here's a relative holding another cool cat I used to have, Tommy. As you can see, he was gigantic:

Chewy:

Had a bunch of other cats throughout my life but the two I included were the most memorable.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
BFFT made this for me for Emily. As an adult, I had two other dogs, another Husky--Nikita and a Shepherd/Collie mix--Casey.....all were much loved and gave lot of love in return.

edit on Mon Mar 12 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You never forget them. Never. Thanks everyone for sharing.
edit on 12-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

They look like sweethearts! Know how it is to miss a loved pet, when they are gone. Hope you have another now, because that can help. Have one asleep on my leg, as I type this, who is a real sweetie, and makes missing the ones not here a bit easier.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
These pics are of a couple cats that look exactly like a couple of my beloved cats who have passed over the rainbow bridge.

Tai was a beautiful Himalayan that passed at the age of 19. Miss you so much my boy!

Straya was a rescue who was deaf and terrified of everyone and everything until my Husband and I rescued her. She then became a gentle, sweet and loving kitty.

I have lost so many pets through the years.

Your cats are just gorgeous and someday you will see them again.
edit on 14-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

top topics

join