It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye my friend...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Awwww, what a beautiful puppy! I'm sooo sorry. Your friend was much too young to leave you. My heart goes out to you. I can relate to your heartache, having lost 2 goldens over the years. I can never forget them and I'm sure you'll always have a special place in your heart for your little friend. Pets sometimes comfort us and show more love than humans. I believe they're a definite gift from God to humanity. I wish you peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just a great big hug to you

Our fury friends some how leave behind a greater loss than humans. Perhaps because we can't really know if they know how much we loved them, did they know how much they meant to us?
Hugs is all I have.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Too soon my friend, way too soon.
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

That's too short of a life.

You never knew?

What about the vet?

Maybe I, along with other people ,don't make good pet owners.

I loved all my pets but I'm not going to take in another animal ever again for as long as I live.

All the love in the world.

Always in my heart.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wow funny I missed this the last few days but funny I noticed it just now after coming from the last two pages I was reading, one which discussed a study that concluded that dogs feel love for their families and consider their families and themselves a family or pack and that that love they feel feels quite the same as we feel but totally magnified. Second was the Ten Canine Commandments. that Stan Rawlinson came up with,

"1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years; any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you adopt me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me; don’t be impatient, short-tempered, or irritable.

3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back. Respect is earned not given as an inalienable right.

4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment; I am not capable of understanding why. I only know I have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment, and friends, but I only have you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice and your tone. You only have to look at my tail.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll never forget it, and if it’s cruel, it may affect me forever.

7. Please don’t hit me. I can’t hit back, but I can bite and scratch, and I really don’t ever want to do that

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right foods or I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak. It may be I am just dog-tired.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and may also need love, care, comfort, and attention.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, “I can’t bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, regardless of what you do, I will always love you."

So I was already feeling a bit flustered from thinking about those things and dogs in general so I can really apprrcate how you must unfortunately feel lately.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thank you all for the kind words..It really warms my heart to read so many comforting and caring replies.

Today our girl returned home and we are going to bury the ashes in her favorite spot in the garden tomorrow.

We really do not care so much for symbolism and said goodbye last Monday when she was put down expecting the vet to take care of the remains. But when we called the breeder the next day to inform them about what happened she immediately told us to call the vet , ask them to let the dog be cremated individually and to send the bill to her. She also offered a new pup when/if we were ready for that and that she would would not expect anything in return.

Faith in humanity is completely restored. Thanks again for all the replies, it really gives this dark cloud-of-a-week a silver lining.

Peace

ETA: I never thought it would bring comfort having ashes of a loved one back home but it feels really good!
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 16 Mar 2018 18:19:55 -0500pm311920183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
so so sorry for you, pets break our hearts.. hope you feel better soon mate

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

cruelty to animals, especially neglect, is all too common here in the Philippines.

m.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

I am all against censoring and everything but I just clicked your link and I want to ask you to remove it from this thread.

It is very important the world is made aware of these things and I would more than willingly partake in a thread about animal cruelty but this thread is not the place..

I hope you understand and still thank you for visiting.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I hope your pain is subsiding some. I completely understand the love and devotion. Wally is going to be 17 in July. He's getting older and although basically healthy, he has had a couple of scary moments this past year. One involving a seizure (he has had them off and on all of his life) and the other his neck/back. Wally is a doxle and is just the sweetest, funniest and most full of personality animal that I have ever met. I know the day is coming so I just try to make each day fun and rewarding to him hoping that his mental health will increase his physical health. Selfish for me to want to keep him around perhaps but as long as he doesn't seem in pain or have any issues with mobility and checks out at the vet then all is well.
Again, I hope you all are healing and what a generous offer from the breeder.
When I had to have a kitty put down a few years ago the vet family sent us a card that all of the employees had signed with little phrases and just some positive words and it meant the world to us and I have kept it all of this time.
It really meant a lot to me that folks understood the pain of our hearts.
Good luck to you and he truly was a gorgeous little pup!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

I liked that so much. Our dog will take an article of clothing be it socks or shirts or shoes or whatever he finds within reach or on the floor and pile them all up in his little bed and sleep with them while we are away at work or school or wherever. The usual phrase around here is check Wally's bed if you're missing an article of clothing or can't find your shoe's mate. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join