It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear and anxiety drive conservatives' political attitudes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: face23785

I don’t buy that for a second..

I’m guessing the study was a poll on Sean hannity. Com ??

Lmao..

There is literally nothing new to the modern world that conservatism has given us..

BY DEFINITION conservatism means “to conserve the traditions of the past”..

So inherently EVERY new development is from the left..

You don’t get to rewrite the definitions of words.

No they weren't polls on Sean Hannity's website. Proving once again that you didn't read the OP because if you had there's no way you could be left with this impression. Why are you so dedicated to remaining uninformed and making an ass of yourself commenting on threads where you don't even have the slightest clue what you're talking about? What is this fear of information that you have? You're actually proving the OP correct, you're a liberal and you're so scared of unpleasant stimuli you won't even read the OP and get informed enough to make an intelligent post and avoid making yourself look like an idiot. Read the OP. Read the linked material. Or you could just choose to remain ignorant I suppose and keep proving the OP correct. The fear and anxiety is strong in this one.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
a reply to: face23785

Has anyone seen or done a study on political leanings vs. "fight or flight" response? After reading these articles, to me it makes sense that there is a link. Fight or flight is unique to us all. In dangerous situations some will stand and fight, others will seek cover and wish to be consoled.

It seems that political leaning may be an extension of this fight or flight response. Conservatives would be more likely to stand and fight for beliefs, to defend themselves and family. Liberals would be more inclined to run, stick head in sand, and search out puppies, crayons, and play dough.

So the question is, does conservatism cause a fight response, or does a flight response lead to a liberal mindset? An actual study would be interesting.

That's an interesting angle. The studies I referred to in the OP did say they weren't able to conclude which was causing the other, which incidentally made the PhD blog author's title completely disingenuous and showed he went into reading those studies with a conclusion already in mind and only relayed the information he thought confirmed his opinion, the exact opposite of how science is supposed to work. The studies also say further research would be needed. Perhaps some is being done right now and will be published soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

lol ahh yes, the old "liberals want a hand-out" canard.

Guess which states receive the most welfare?

RED states.

Guess which states finance those handouts?

BLUE states.

The numbers are there for all to see, but I know, I know! FAKE NUMBERS! FAKE NEWS! FAKE EVERYTHING that doesn't agree with me!

Western democracy is doomed.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join