It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna marry a 15 yr old?, head to Missouri

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I didn't know what category to stick this one so it's here.

Missouri has very odd marriage laws or at least in the case of age consent.
A 15 yr old girl, "seven months pregnant" and her 21 yr old sperm donor got married.

She apparently didn't want to but did to keep him out of prison.

"I never wanted to get married, ever, like in my life,” Brittany recalled recently. “But I did it anyway, because it was either that or he go to prison, like, forever.”

Gotta love this one...

"It didn’t matter how “infatuatedly in love” she was then with everything about Jeremie — his long chocolate hair, his bad-boy attitude, tongue stud and 28 tattoos. In Iowa, a 21-year-old having sex with a 15-year-old is statutory rape. The evidence was alive in her womb."

When will women learn the bad boys are just bad men?

Ya know, I don't even have a problem with Missouri here, hell my brother lives there and it seems like a nice state. But I really have no way to relate to some kids today. It's like their bodies have no value anymore.

My daughter knows a sophomore with a bady.
Several 14 and 15 yr olds with tattoos.
Some of them with pierced tongues and various other body parts..

I just don't know what to think anymore.
Society scares me today.

www.kansascity.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

There has always been issues like this. The difference I think is not too long ago someone would be ashamed of this. Young people seem to be lacking in that area until there is nothing left for them in life.

Party party party.....oops....why am I in jail?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Balance seems to be an unknown concept too.
In the past girls were sent to live with relatives when they got pregnant and the baby given away.

Now it's 15 year olds raising kids.

The pendulum swings..

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

So she can make that decision, but she can't vote, buy beer, cigarettes or a gun.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They should let her have beer now, my mom drinking when she was pregnant with me didn't mess me up none.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This issue has nothing to do with the new "Teen pregnancy with a tramp-stamp" Barbie that has come out.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Crazy stuff eh? Here in the province of Manitoba Canada age of consent was 14 years old up until 2008 when we changed it to 16. I graduated high school in 2009.

Here youth with tattoos and piercings are common place and most kids are aloud to go to parties when they are about 14 or so. Doesn't make it right just saying it happens.

I was at a high school party i think I was about 16 at the time and I met a guy who became I became great friends with to this day! He was 12 at the time,crazy stuff I know.....he was big for 12......

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I didn't know what category to stick this one so it's here.

Missouri has very odd marriage laws or at least in the case of age consent.
A 15 yr old girl, "seven months pregnant" and her 21 yr old sperm donor got married.

She apparently didn't want to but did to keep him out of prison.

"I never wanted to get married, ever, like in my life,” Brittany recalled recently. “But I did it anyway, because it was either that or he go to prison, like, forever.”

Gotta love this one...

"It didn’t matter how “infatuatedly in love” she was then with everything about Jeremie — his long chocolate hair, his bad-boy attitude, tongue stud and 28 tattoos. In Iowa, a 21-year-old having sex with a 15-year-old is statutory rape. The evidence was alive in her womb."

When will women learn the bad boys are just bad men?

Ya know, I don't even have a problem with Missouri here, hell my brother lives there and it seems like a nice state. But I really have no way to relate to some kids today. It's like their bodies have no value anymore.

My daughter knows a sophomore with a bady.
Several 14 and 15 yr olds with tattoos.
Some of them with pierced tongues and various other body parts..

I just don't know what to think anymore.
Society scares me today.

www.kansascity.com...

Meh, this would have been a good thread 10 years ago....Have none of you heard of MTVs 16 and pregnate? Its a show on MTV that has coverd things like this 100 times.....BTW only watched it once years ago...trash tv...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This issue has nothing to do with the new "Teen pregnancy with a tramp-stamp" Barbie that has come out.

Look, I really can't judge since I was a pregnant teen myself. Twice.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My wife some times watches those shows. I can't stand them I have to leave the room. That and 60 days In....can't stand to watch .

a reply to: kurthall

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Look, I really can't judge since I was a pregnant teen myself. Twice.

Whore.

Sorry. I didn't mean that.

I meant to say, "Tramp! Whore!"

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You didn't seen to care when I was a sexy teen.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You didn't seen to care when I was a sexy teen.

I was just a senator then.

I had needs.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Well, you would be proud, our sons have your moobs.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Damien and Lucifer both?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Damien and Lucifer both?

He identifies as 'Lucy' now.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

My great grandmother was married and had her first kid (my grandmother) at 14 . My grandma was very young when she had my mom and my mom was 18 when she had my sister.

This is not new.. Elvis was dating a 15 year old then he married her.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Society scares me today.

Every generation rebels against the one before it. They develop their own culture as far away from their parents as they can.

Thats what oppression breeds, rebellion. Instead of blaming the kids, parents look to yourselves.

(after all, you raised them)

edit on 12-3-2018 by intrptr because: ()

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think it's oppression. To me it's more of a case of lowering the standards.
But you are right, parents are a big part of the responsibility.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Did you know?

King of England Richard II married Isabella of France when she was 6 years old.

As part of the truce, Richard agreed to marry Isabella, daughter of Charles VI of France, when she came of age. There were some misgivings about the betrothal, in particular because the princess was then only six years old, and thus would not be able to produce an heir to the throne of England for many years.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join