It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester UK, ''The Pusher.''

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
ive recently found the below documentary about an issue in manchester o men being found drowned in the canals.

what seems strange is the amount of men being found in canals dead the most recent on 3rd of march, the number of men since 2008 is reacting near 100, yes some could be suicide but in the above documentary a mother was on the phone with her son who then started screaming, then a few days later hes found dead in the canal,
what about this is the fact the police arent really bothered by it just assuming its gay men or drunk men (why this would effect the m)not doing something) , investigating such a huge amount, minimum they should of put cctv up or some sort of safety feature as theres clearly a problem.
but the biggest thing for me is why havent i heard of this, why hasnt it been international news, i read the news every day and not once has his come up , after some quick searches ive found a few local news articles some even mocking the idea of a serial killer using terms like jack the dipper .
why is this not getting more column inchs why is nothing being done, one lad as heard screaming on the phone. theres even a twitter hashtag from people trying to get answers.

im wondering if anyone on here has heard about this
the shortlist
manchester news
edit on 3.12.2018 by Kandinsky because: Tidied title

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

I don't know but tbh, I'm glad it's not being widely broadcasted. Copycats get ideas and I use the canals.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Iv been aware of this for a while being from Manchester meself. I work in the hospitality sector and its been speculated by colleagues that someone may be killing people by using the canal.

There poorly lit in most areas of the city and can be seriously dodgy. The council should have more cctv and better lighting along them. Could also have a look at installing some kind of fencing or barrier.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Funem

No, fencing would destroy the culture of canals. This needs investigating without some extreme measures being put in place.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i did some more digging and found this amateur documentary its pretty dull for the most part but the end is interesting, the guy asks for information and the police ignore him

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I don't know but tbh, I'm glad it's not being widely broadcasted. Copycats get ideas and I use the canals.

i know what you mean and that makes sense but surely the police shouldnt be just shruggin their shoulders especially. perhaps im less trusting of the police since the hillsbough disaster, rotherham and savile scandals but then this shows they are capable of covering things up

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

100 in 9 years is only 11 per year..

How many people are pulled out of the main river in any large river city???

I’m not sure how many miles of river we are talking about, but how many people in an urban environment die per month per square mile, per the local population???

ESPECIALLY if the waterfront is a popular walking/partying track.. if tens of thousands of drunk party goers are constantly in transit across that river..

Well 100 over 9 years is likely the “normal amount.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I’m not sure how many miles of river we are talking about, but how many people in an urban environment die per month per square mile, per the local population???

ESPECIALLY if the waterfront is a popular walking/partying track.. if tens of thousands of drunk party goers are constantly in transit across that river..

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Sounds like a serial killer on the loose.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

i can see what you mean but surely when a mother is on the one to her son and hes screaming its odd to say the least and just shrug if off as unsolved. ill see if i can find the map again

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
www.manchestereveningn... ews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/canal-deaths-manchester-mapped-pusher-9934004

heres a link to a map of the deaths most are clustered around one area some are further out

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I had a look at your links. wow.
can you link the video? as its not working.

"the fact that in the 12 months from August 2010,
more than a third of deaths in UK waterways were
found in the Manchester area."
That sounds very bad.

just read this news from Manchester!
"Huge emergency service response as police and
firefighters investigate reports of body found in woodland"
If it had been the canals, they would have don nothing.

are the police homophobic? was it muslims?
I have Seen my self the police hush up muslim homophobic attacks.
its like some kind of jack the ripper.

edit on 11-3-2018 by buddha because: .

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
I had a look at your links. wow.
can you link the video? as its not working.

"the fact that in the 12 months from August 2010,
more than a third of deaths in UK waterways were
found in the Manchester area."
That sounds very bad.

just read this news from Manchester!
"Huge emergency service response as police and
firefighters investigate reports of body found in woodland"
If it had been the canals, they would have don nothing.

sorry about that see if this works

channel 4 documentary

small documentary

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
maybe they should learn to swim.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Looks suspicious to me. I did some reading up on these articles and found 61 people had died in 6 years. That's one person every month. If they are all students or young people those numbers would be affected by when the colleges/universities are closd for the holidays.

If people are passing out drunk and falling into the canals, then an equivalent number of people should be found unconscious on the roads and pavements - in the same way the number of cars hit by falling trees in a storm match the number of cars nearly get hit by a tree falling before or after them.

I've looked at the rates for similar cities with canals and docks, and there are suspicious things going on. Looks more like bad deals with drug dealers:

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...
www.worcesternews.co.uk...

www.standard.co.uk...
edit on 11-3-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

There are 22000 miles canals all across the UK:
en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Map_of_canals_of_the_United_Kingdom.png

Birmingham has 35 miles of canal, more than Manchester, a similar population size, yet Manchester has double the rate than Birmingham.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

agreed if its as simple as they are all drunk falling in and drowning. then why is nothing being done to stop it, i people keep getting run over in the same spot on a road, spped limits go up, if theres an influx of rats in an area they bring in exterminators or clean the area. so why are they letting this happen.
i just dont think its drunk people falling in , maybe one or two but this amount seems to much, how many towns and cities have canals in the uk and they dont have this sort of epidmic

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
bristol canal deaths

more deaths in canals, this time in bristol, all men again in there 20s again.
what is going on.

and in yorkshire too

york shire deaths
edit on 11/3/2018 by kerrichin because: adding links

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin
bristol canal deaths

more deaths in canals, this time in bristol, all men again in there 20s again.
what is going on.

and in yorkshire too

york shire deaths

And London and Birmingham

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.standard.co.uk...

www.birminghammail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

well these certainly arent just drunks falling in the canals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join