It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfected nanotube tech potentially unlocks ability to 3d print anything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

LOL, ok, again, science isn't my thing, but the plant doing it, seems much more "organic" to me, and more natural.

I wouldn't eat anything made that way, but that's just me. More for everyone else I guess.

But thank you to all that took the time to explain things to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I do agree with you. I personally think plants are much better to eat than any food provided by a 3d printer..

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I do agree with you. I personally think plants are much better to eat than any food provided by a 3d printer..

I'm sure the gods would agree.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Can it be used to print tether cable for hoisting a space elevator?

If so the future may well be very bright.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Crazy to think the replicator from Star Trek TNG might be real someday.

And 300 years ahead of schedule.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Ile be more impressed should we ever master warp technologies via some Alcubierre drive type thingamabob.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

same way a tree wood is made out of carbon extracted out of the air.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
As I understand it, the machine would basically rearrange atoms and molecules in order to turn one material into any other material.

You would need to do more than rearranging atoms and molecules to turn air into any other material - you would need a nuclear fission and fusion reaction to split and recombine into different elements.

That wouldn't make it any less impressive to recombine the constituent elements of air into something else that is usable.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

You don't need to split and recombine atoms. You just need to take atoms and create molecules.

Source material taken from basic locations, like the air and soil, can extract just about anything you'd want to have created. You just need to source your soil accordingly.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: EvillerBob

You don't need to split and recombine atoms. You just need to take atoms and create molecules.

Source material taken from basic locations, like the air and soil, can extract just about anything you'd want to have created. You just need to source your soil accordingly.

Point accepted, I was focusing on the "from the air" aspect of it. Feeding it with the necessary elements to create molecules on demand (which we already do with chemistry, but some of those reactions require a lot of screwing around) would be a massive boost for industry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join