It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK has hit rock bottom - detaining a US citizen because she was to interview Tommy Robinson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Not sure how that is relevant.

Why am I not surprised.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Is there any documentation about her being detained?

Twitter claims don't count IMO.
edit on 11-3-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It sucks trust me. Even if your the one to figure it out, you still gotta wait to see proof. Makes training for the future that much harder lol good book

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It sucks trust me. Even if your the one to figure it out, you still gotta wait to see proof. Makes training for the future that much harder lol good book

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: UKTruth
What is this country coming to when we detain people for opinions???

I would like to see the official reason for the detention. It might not have been put in those terms.

I suspect it will have been under the public safety remit where they believe there is a risk of incitement of violence.

People can argue about the right or wrong of that, but I suspect many of those complaining would be the first to applaud if it was an Islamic preacher detained for the same reason.

Well one is just a journalist, with whom one can agree or disagree with. The other leads a group of people along their line of thinking. Should that Imam believe in Jihad against the west, at least some might develop those same beliefs. Of course in both instances proof is required before detainment. Its really apples to oranges, but nice try.

Nope completely comparable preaching hate is preaching hate

Prove that the journalist was preaching hate. And by that I mean the general standard of hate, not your own personal standard, because that would be nonsense in a debate.

I don't have to prove anything as I am not a lawyer involved in the case. I do know the rules for detaining someone require more than just they are going to interview someone.

Yup and that’s the big point.

I suspect there is another side to this story.

You don’t just get detained like that because your going to have a chat with someone.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The war is global, mass immigration, state sanctioned or otherwise, is real. There are consequences and propaganda is rife, an Open Society Foundation policy is being pushed, so we know the agenda.

Thought Police: "Looks like you've had a bit too much to think....."

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I suspect it will have been under the public safety remit where they believe there is a risk of incitement of violence.

People can argue about the right or wrong of that, but I suspect many of those complaining would be the first to applaud if it was an Islamic preacher detained for the same reason.

I'm afraid that is about it. Robinson...Lennon or whatever the right name is, is considered a risk by police, and it seems has had several banning orders on attending various demonstrations at different times. As far as I know he is not a member of the EDL any longer.
It's hard to know what he represents, he is probably an extreme right winger, although he has claimed some of what he has done was not intentional, especially if the police were looking to charge him...and some of that seems pretty stupid...getting into the US, or attempting to on a stolen passport for instance. He also at times says he has been misrepresented. He has been to Belfast, where police took him away to avoid possible violence after confrontations there, while he can also be insulting to Irish from the South who live in Britain and calling them, 'plastic paddies' and going to sort them out in football violence....another area that is indulged by him...and so it goes on. He seems in the main to be stupid, with not much focus, but has a hate for something, of which is anybodies guess.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
there is no freedom of speech in europe or australia. or canada. they arrest you for asking questions or thought crimes. its a damn shame the people rolled over and let their freedoms go like that.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I would like to see the official reason for the detention. It might not have been put in those terms.

Well one is just a journalist, with whom one can agree or disagree with. The other leads a group of people along their line of thinking. Should that Imam believe in Jihad against the west, at least some might develop those same beliefs. Of course in both instances proof is required before detainment. Its really apples to oranges, but nice try.

Prove that the journalist was preaching hate. And by that I mean the general standard of hate, not your own personal standard, because that would be nonsense in a debate.

I don't have to prove anything as I am not a lawyer involved in the case. I do know the rules for detaining someone require more than just they are going to interview someone.

Yup and that’s the big point.

I suspect there is another side to this story.

You don’t just get detained like that because your going to have a chat with someone.

depends on what country you are in. turkey is a good example. if you try to visit certain people you will get detained.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I lived in the US for years, but left

Come on back anytime, Cousin. We've got plenty of guns here to defend your God-Given rights with.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
actureally

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is incredible to read... for a number of reasons...

Firstly, because some of you actually believe this sh*t enough to say “rock bottom” with nothing but her own testimony...

But secondly, and even more incredibly, Colnbrook Detention Centre is a male-only holding Centre...
So either she is mistaken as to where they kept her, or is totally full of bollocks.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

I know which is more likely, for sure.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm sure it's just a coincidence, right?

mobile.twitter.com...

Canadian journalist @Lauren_Southern has just been detained by UK border police
10:58 PM · Mar 11, 2018

Hint, new development....
edit on 11-3-2018 by Tempter because: Adding hint

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

well that escalated quickly

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i never heard of this chick before but im sure glad they got her. shes pretty hot and looks really dangerous.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I do know the rules for detaining someone require more than just they are going to interview someone.

Indeed, which is why this is such a disgrace.
You finally get it.

You are the one claiming they are being detained for planning an interview. Show the evidence of you claim.

Firstly that is not my claim.
It would help if you actually read instead of jumping in to defend the arrest of a completely innocent person.

'They' were not detained for planning an interview. She was detained because she was going to do an interview, her partner was detained because he was going to give a speech... on free speech.

So she was planning an interview? Why are you even arguing that point?

Let's make this very simple for you. Planning to interview someone is not sufficient reason to detain someone on the UK. Therefore that will not be the reason.

The most likely reason is likelyhood to incite violence. In my first post I said it is open to debate if that is appropriate or not. But stop claiming she has been arrested just because she was planning to to do an interview or provide some actual evidence.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You're making the claim that she preaches hate. If that were true, it should be easy enough to prove with verifiable evidence.

No I didn't.

I said that was the likely justification for the detention.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
This is incredible to read... for a number of reasons...

Firstly, because some of you actually believe this sh*t enough to say “rock bottom” with nothing but her own testimony...

But secondly, and even more incredibly, Colnbrook Detention Centre is a male-only holding Centre...
So either she is mistaken as to where they kept her, or is totally full of bollocks.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

I know which is more likely, for sure.

We'll soon see.. I bet she sues the UK Govt.

edit on 12/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I'm sure it's just a coincidence, right?

mobile.twitter.com...

Canadian journalist @Lauren_Southern has just been detained by UK border police
10:58 PM · Mar 11, 2018

Hint, new development....

Open season in the UK on journalists who don't tow the line...and liberals are fine with it as long as they are the right journalists (but, of course, simple criticism of the media is a crime if it's done by anyone not bought into Progressive tyranny)

edit on 12/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

For those that want to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that conservatives are not being targeted, I hope you can explain how the arrest, detainment and deportation of these people is not entirely due to political beliefs.

Given we have a Conservative government just now could you please explain how the arrest, detainment and deportation of these people is part of a plan to target Conservatives? Links would be nice too, I've lived here all my life and I'm not seeing it..

I have seen, time and time again Conservatives squeezing the poor people of the UK beyond their means...
edit on 12/3/18 by djz3ro because: To remove a pic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join