It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK has hit rock bottom - detaining a US citizen because she was to interview Tommy Robinson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: UKTruth
What is this country coming to when we detain people for opinions???

I would like to see the official reason for the detention. It might not have been put in those terms.

I suspect it will have been under the public safety remit where they believe there is a risk of incitement of violence.

People can argue about the right or wrong of that, but I suspect many of those complaining would be the first to applaud if it was an Islamic preacher detained for the same reason.

Well one is just a journalist, with whom one can agree or disagree with. The other leads a group of people along their line of thinking. Should that Imam believe in Jihad against the west, at least some might develop those same beliefs. Of course in both instances proof is required before detainment. Its really apples to oranges, but nice try.

Nope completely comparable preaching hate is preaching hate

Prove that the journalist was preaching hate. And by that I mean the general standard of hate, not your own personal standard, because that would be nonsense in a debate.

I do know the rules for detaining someone require more than just they are going to interview someone.

Indeed, which is why this is such a disgrace.
You finally get it.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I would like to see the official reason for the detention. It might not have been put in those terms.

I suspect it will have been under the public safety remit where they believe there is a risk of incitement of violence.

People can argue about the right or wrong of that, but I suspect many of those complaining would be the first to applaud if it was an Islamic preacher detained for the same reason.

Well one is just a journalist, with whom one can agree or disagree with. The other leads a group of people along their line of thinking. Should that Imam believe in Jihad against the west, at least some might develop those same beliefs. Of course in both instances proof is required before detainment. Its really apples to oranges, but nice try.

What hate was she preaching that warranted her arrest and imprisonment for 3 days?

See answer above.

I see. You don't know. That's what I thought.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Prove that the journalist was preaching hate. And by that I mean the general standard of hate, not your own personal standard, because that would be nonsense in a debate.

I do know the rules for detaining someone require more than just they are going to interview someone.

You finally get it.

You are the one claiming they are being detained for planning an interview. Show the evidence of you claim.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You finally get it.

You are the one claiming they are being detained for planning an interview. Show the evidence of you claim.

Firstly that is not my claim.
It would help if you actually read instead of jumping in to defend the arrest of a completely innocent person.

'They' were not detained for planning an interview. She was detained because she was going to do an interview, her partner was detained because he was going to give a speech... on free speech.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Ya right lol I will just watch time lol

So you can't then.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I don't have to prove anything as I am not a lawyer involved in the case. I do know the rules for detaining someone require more than just they are going to interview someone.

You're making the claim that she preaches hate. If that were true, it should be easy enough to prove with verifiable evidence.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here is an example of Miss Pettibone's apparent 'hate speech' in a presentation last week. Yeah, she looks and sounds like a real danger, alright.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I don't have to prove anything as I am not a lawyer involved in the case. I do know the rules for detaining someone require more than just they are going to interview someone.

You're making the claim that she preaches hate. If that were true, it should be easy enough to prove with verifiable evidence.

There lies the problem. She talks about life, liberty and justice... about God and family values. That is pure hate to some, and they applaud when their violent reactions to peaceful discussion forces the arrest of innocents who disagree with them. You see, to them, hate speech is something they don't like the sound of. These people are truly sick and evil.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately I doubt this is rock bottom. Just when you think these wackos can't get any worse, they manage to find a way.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The couple describing what happened when they got back to Austria after their imprisonment.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Not for a lil while at least, patience is a virtue. Remember?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

There lies the problem. She talks about life, liberty and justice... about God and family values. That is pure hate to some, and they applaud when their violent reactions to peaceful discussion forces the arrest of innocents who disagree with them. You see, to them, hate speech is something they don't like the sound of. These people are truly sick and evil.

No offense to you and yours UKTruth, but I can't help seeing a bit of Nazi Germany beginning to manifest in an attempt to not become Nazi Germany in this situation.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

No offense to you and yours UKTruth, but I can't help seeing a bit of Nazi Germany beginning to manifest in an attempt to not become Nazi Germany in this situation.

More or less, but more specifically I think it is a bit of Nazi Germany manifesting by design, whilst pretending to be anti-fascist.

link   
The OP has no link, just a YT video.

Upon a search, the only places "covering" this are GWP, Breitbart, and minimal other fringe RW blogs.

Figures. Carry on.

link   

originally posted by: SatansPride

Not for a lil while at least, patience is a virtue. Remember?

So I have to wait in order to see that your claim has merit?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

More or less, but more specifically I think it is a bit of Nazi Germany manifesting by design, whilst pretending to be anti-fascist.

I don't want to believe its by design just yet, since the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Upon a search, the only places "covering" this are GWP, Breitbart, and minimal other fringe RW blogs.

Figures. Carry on.

There are links and videos all through the thread of the actual people who were arrested telling their story. I guess I will have to wait till CNN tells me it's real. Jesus, you guys are funny.

But yes, I will carry on speaking out against people being arrested and detained for no reason. Some of us actually care about freedom and don't want to live in the fascist world 'some' seem to envision.
edit on 11/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Figures. Carry on.

It would be bad PR if they gave this attention themselves don't you think?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Figures. Carry on.

There are links and videos all through the thread of the actual people who were arrested telling their story. I guess I will have to wait till CNN tells me it's real. Jesus, you guys are funny.

But not the OP. The OP has zero evidence but a YT video. Geez, you guys are funny.

If this were a different thread you'd be all over it. But because it's about yous guys.

Irony. Carry on.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The OP has her twiter explanation, a video, and the twitter comment of one of her friends. Several other links through the thread. Reading clearly is a struggle for you. Try CNN.. it's more your level. I think they have a segment on two scoops again tonight.

edit on 11/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join