It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK has hit rock bottom - detaining a US citizen because she was to interview Tommy Robinson

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Scary stuff. They wanted to break into her phone.
They can legally question her for an hour without legal representation.
The UK used to be a beacon of Western values, why are they so willing to erode the very values that it was built on. The values that many successful immigrants have gone there for.

I think people are scared of Islam, they understand the power it has and how it has the potential to backfire on them like nothing else.

Newsflash to the UK: Right-Wing/Conservative does not mean they want to kill brown people on the #ing streets.
Lauren is a bit of troll but she does not want violence.

Seriously tho, does anyone else here rate Lauren?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
They wouldn't let Lauren in, saying she was a christian radical.

Yet, 400 jihadis are let in and given houses and counseling.

Will not be spending any money there.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

!

Arent you brits so happy we helped turn the tide of WW2? hitler must be LHAO!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

U N I T Y I N D I V E R S I T Y

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveDogSecret

U N I T Y I N D I V E R S I T Y

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Xenogears

Do you have your own opinion or does YouTube do your thinking for you?

ad hominen.

Attacking the source and not the merits of the argument, classic logical fallacy

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself-wiki

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It gets worse.

Laura Southem, the second conservative woman detained at Calais was arrested under the Terrorism Act and says she questioned for hours in a small room, including questions about her religion and how she felt about running over Muslims with a truck. She says she was threatened with being detained for days and having to undergo medical tests, including blood tests, if she refused to give the pin code for her phone and password for her laptop. Her father was called and informed his daughter had been arrested under the terrorism act.

She was eventually banned from the country and taken to the French side of the border and left there to find her own way.

Oh, I'd almost forgotten. Wasn't this one of those countries that wanted legal penalties for forgetting your passwords? And was also retardedly considering banning encryption.

Sad sad police state, led by unintelligent pigs not capable of recognizing people forget things, and encryption is vital to modern economies.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

ad hominen.

Attacking the source and not the merits of the argument, classic logical fallacy

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself-wiki

Wasn't attacking the source. Was attacking your inability to make a coherent on topic point.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

ad hominen.

Wasn't attacking the source. Was attacking your inability to make a coherent on topic point.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

No, you were clear - but by being so showed you have no argument.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Fawkes and co. blew it, but the UK government is, through it's actions, pushing for gunpowder plot 2.0. practically begging for it. what a detestable, spineless, bullying 'leadership' we have. it's demise is overdue.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

Fawkes and co. blew it, but the UK government is, through it's actions, pushing for gunpowder plot 2.0. practically begging for it. what a detestable, spineless, bullying 'leadership' we have. it's demise is overdue.

Illl get the mask. you get the long knives? ^_^

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Sometimes the wrong people get your number.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

remember remember !

I think an alternate timeline tv show based on the aftermath of this event if it had went through and the UK government were dismantled by this act !

What would have happened to the british empire ?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Miss Pettibone and her partner were also handcuffed and led through the airport when they were arrested. What a joke this country has become. By the way, at speakers corner, radicals speak almost every other week... but they are apparently the acceptable kind of radicals.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

aye they are home grown radicals , not these types from the colonies that can come here and tell us how to live in their liberal free for all ! he he

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Miss Pettibone and her partner were also handcuffed and led through the airport when they were arrested. What a joke this country has become. By the way, at speakers corner, radicals speak almost every other week... but they are apparently the acceptable kind of radicals.

I think Vladimir Lenin spoke there.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

ad hominen.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

No, you were clear - but by being so showed you have no argument.

Cool, maybe you can explain on Xenogears behalf the relevance of a youtube video on race & IQ to this thread?

Maybe you would like to share your views on that topic as well?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The same rules on free speech apply there as anywhere in the UK. You also have the same diversity of opinions.

But keep believing you are being victimised.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I think Vladimir Lenin spoke there.

I believe so, also Karl Marx and William Morris.
edit on 14/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Londons muslim mayor dissed on our free speech rights just recently. I saw th elink on twitter bu ti didnt copy it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join