It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK has hit rock bottom - detaining a US citizen because she was to interview Tommy Robinson

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

England isn't able to admit the problem , same as Australia . when its more important to crucify people who stand up and speak the truth about ethnic rape gangs using little girls they see as infidel we have a serious problem with ethics . its ok when you live in protected gated communities to say publicly all is well , its beyond ridiculous the pc bull# .this is exactly how hitler did what he did
edit on 13-3-2018 by babalon1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Found this.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Found this.

Good find. I think it's wrong of the Home Office to claim Tommy Robinsonson/Stephan Yaxley Lennon as far-right extremist given his work with Quillian but as the letter goes on to state her husband was in possesion of material about violent disorder at his speech, planned to disseminate the literature and she failed to make any reasonable provision or claim of why she should be granted entry under the very rules that everyone else is subject to.

Snowflake playing the persecution card because they failed to read entry requirement rules or to come up with reasonable grounds for entry.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I believe the part about violent disorder was because antifa had threatened violence at his speech, as they had already caused one of his speeches to be canceled a few weeks earlier. As for her, do you think it's a valid reason, that she was going to interview Tommy Robinson? Although, from personal experience I know what UK immigrations are like. I was refused entry into the UK, locked in a detention centre for 24 hours and shipped out on the next flight to Sydney. The immigrations officer's reason....and I kid you not....was, and I quote, "I don't like you.".

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

No, speculation is forming a theory without evidence. First person accounts, not denied by the other party involved, is evidence. You may not like it, but it is. You would have a point if the government had denied their stories, at that point it becomes unclear what happened. Those of you refusing to believe the story are the only ones speculating.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

I love that the government doesn't know the difference between insight and incite. I'm sure his speech was very insightful but was unlikely to incite violence. As to what was in the leaflets, who knows. Could have been calls to violence (which would justify his expulsion, not hers) or could have been contingencies to deal with violent protestors (which is not his problem and should not bar him from speaking). Either way, she should have been granted access.

ETA: This is why you always say you're vacationing/touring when you go through customs. The whole mess would have been avoided.
edit on 13-3-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

That might be your (US) challenge but it isn't mine.

The religion of social justice or identity politics isn't as much a problem here. Anyways I think you're looking at the effects and not the causes.

In this country there is a rise in conviction rates in regards to racism, hate speech and harassment. Because the crimes are on the rise... I assume this is for 2 reasons, the crimes are on the rise and more people are reporting crimes.

The police are compelled to investigate a potential crime, if evidence is found they are compelled to cement a conviction.

Anyways what's the cause?

Threads like this. People vying for your mind. Soo many young people with malleable personalities and the energy to fight for a cause. The extremism on each side...

This is why I am repulsed by either and each side. Because I'd assume many people in this thread and many people out there, who are so concerned about my rights?

As Tupac said... They don't give a # about us.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ah there we go. suspected terrorist incitrment of right wing or left wingers and that will be how they excuse it

Maybe they were held on terrorism charges, maybe they were complicit in a conspiracy to commit murder?

They didn't say anything on why they were held, somebody is being disingenuous.

i know a few who sat in detention when they could not find a judge over 3 says.local. you never hear bout em. what about refusal to pay chiold support? its not a crime in my state but people get time for it.If it was a crime they would grant bond but since it not a crime they dont. 
point is they do hld pople 3 days or more without crimes.

Get with the program...

We're on about the UK not the US, so any experience you or people you know have had with the law system within the US holds absolutely nothing in regards to English law and the workings of such law.

point is they do hld pople 3 days or more without crimes.

Yeah. In the US.

However I do know of cases where people were held for illegal periods of time. One of them pretty well... It doesn't happen often and never to high profile cases of which this has evolved to seemingly.

I keep reading posts that suggest the UK government is the UK police. It does not work like that. It's just ignorance to suggest such things.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Found this.

Wow... looks like the social framework is quickly being setup to outlaw anyone/anything deemed "too far" to the right. But what exactly makes the "far right" worse than the "far left"? People should be far more afraid of the censorship of free speech than they should be of hearing what passes for "hate speech" these days.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Hahahaha.

Any clue to how long they were held?

It wasn't three days.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

As others have pointed out the UK government can refuse entry, other nations do it and often the reasons are pathetic... Someone posted a few disgraceful cases from the US earlier in the thread.

With all things official one must get their story straight. In the orders of officialdom I dar say travelling to a foreign nation is pretty high... Visa's, embassy visits, if it's the US social media checks.

Very serious business.

No censorship here, if anything it was a case of self-censorship. That picture took too long to surface. Didn't it?

Seen the little muppets that follow Tommy Robinson?

They're as unhinged as him, one of the reasons he is a person of high interest.

Wow... looks like the social framework is quickly being setup to outlaw anyone/anything deemed "too far" to the right. 

Or maybe we don't want the likes here nor need them here. We can refuse entry especially when the documents of the visitors is not in order.

Anyways... Why not invite Tommy Robinson to the US?

I'm sure he'll have no problems getting in.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Did you see the setup by UK police outside the McDonalds!!! 10 Antifa attacked him and his camera women. Police on standby just like they were on the multiple Trump rallies, conservative speakers and Parkland shootings! Our police have been co-opted by their re-education disguised as the latest PC BS!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Hahahaha.

It wasn't three days.

Firstly, I have no opinions on their personal politics...to each his own, but here is a video of them explaining what happened, and it appears that they were indeed held for three days.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Or maybe we don't want the likes here nor need them here. We can refuse entry especially when the documents of the visitors is not in order.

If no one there seems to want them - then why so much effort in silencing them? Surely if they had nothing of value to say they wouldn't get very far in whatever their agenda is? But I'm going to take a wild guess and say that when you use the word "we", you really meant "I" as I'm quite certain you don't speak for everyone over there.

Anyways... Why not invite Tommy Robinson to the US?

I'm sure he'll have no problems getting in.

I don't actually know much at all about this Tommy fella - but I do recall another pretty controversial English "far righter" by the name of Milo that did tour around the US - and despite how much of what he spoke about was actually just common sense that needed saying (thus gaining a lot of fans in the US and around the World), he too had to face the very real risk of being violently mobbed by the masses of mindless "outraged" sheep for doing so (a few of the speeches having to be cancelled due to too large a threat).

Unfortunately this social outlawing of anyone/anything deemed too "far-right/alt-right" is not exclusive to the UK - though they seem to be leading the way.
edit on 13/3/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Nobody silenced them. They were refused entry.

If you want to get into a nation that isn't your own then you need to get your stuff in order and declare honestly why you are there.

Play the victim card all you want I won't be listening, if and when I'm refused entry to another nation on whatever grounds has me refused entry then it will be on me, not the nation I'm attempting to enter.

Nobody has been socially outlawed, the law still covers them and they are subject to the law. The case you brought up is exactly why someone can be refused entry, since they chose to hold talks/speeches that people found repugnant the issue is with them.

If you have a better method of keeping social order aka "the peace of the land" I'd suggest you bring it up with the governments of the world.

Not that that's the issue, the issue with this case is they didn't have their stuff in order and hence were refused entry.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

That's what they claim.

I ain't watching a 30 min video for them to not show me their charge sheet.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

No, speculation is forming a theory without evidence. First person accounts, not denied by the other party involved, is evidence. You may not like it, but it is. You would have a point if the government had denied their stories, at that point it becomes unclear what happened. Those of you refusing to believe the story are the only ones speculating.

What they're claiming happened is completely incompatible with UK law and legislation and is based on no evidence - given that the letter shows the valid reasons for them being denied entry and exposes they were lying about reasons for denial and the length of their detention their first hand account is unreliable at best and outright lies so absurd it's comical seeing them desperately try and pass it off as 'truth' if looked at objectively.

a reply to: RAY1990

My guess is they were held a couple of hours - their whole story reeks of BS.

a reply to: moyeti

That wasn't a real fight - it's a staged brawl with people pretending to be AntiFA - pretty sure one is Diddyman (EDL, North West Infidel, Llama shagger) wrong clothing, slow paced 'fight', Tommy gets 'dropped' by a pretend punch (guy claps to make a sound when the punch is meant to connect - sounds nothing like an actual punch and the falling over isn't likely to happen if it came from one. Plus Tommy uses his feet/legs predominantly when he's fighting for real in my experience (he's quite a good fighter, has a good eye for spotting trouble before it happens to be fair)
edit on 13-3-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
omg tommy is alex's brother

another blowhard

has anyone heard the guy?

i am pretty sure alex is scared of him

detention in the uk is likely legal in this case but i really know nothing at all on the uk side of life so pay no attention to my last comment

edit on 13-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Hahahaha.

It wasn't three days.

Firstly, I have no opinions on their personal politics...to each his own, but here is a video of them explaining what happened, and it appears that they were indeed held for three days.

Fancy thumbnails and youtube views.

Sorry but she seems to be the type to revel in this. Something else to moan about.

I have no other opinions on wrong/right.

new topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join