It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK has hit rock bottom - detaining a US citizen because she was to interview Tommy Robinson

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

So you're saying the UK messed up here? Because they claimed she was. So yes, literally someone has.
edit on 13-3-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

So you're saying the UK messed up here?

No I am saying she wasn't detained because of an interview.

The UK may have messed up but we haven't seen any evidence. If she believes she was illegally detained she can take it to court.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

So you're saying the UK messed up here?

I accept your correction on my use of literally as yes she has claimed that.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Actually she was, according to the UK.

Britain's Home Office said in a statement that the border force "has the power to refuse entry to an individual if it is considered that his or her presence in the U.K. is not conducive to the public good."

Link

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Actually she was, according to the UK.

Britain's Home Office said in a statement that the border force "has the power to refuse entry to an individual if it is considered that his or her presence in the U.K. is not conducive to the public good."

Link

No where in that quote does it say she was banned because she was going to do an interview.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Lol, are you really dancing around the truth this much????? This is ridiculous. Many news organizations reached out to the UK government and all got this reply about not being conducive to the public good. So what was not conducive to the public good that this little white girl was going to do, if not the interview?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So I take it a few days later and a whole lot of hearsay we still have no idea why this woman was detained , no explanation just word of mouth otherwise known as Chinese whispers....

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

According to the UK government:

So basically they're not denying that it was her politics that they disagreed with. But the police are scared of being labeled racists, so it's all good that they let 1400 little girls get raped by a muslim, oops I mean asian, child trafficking ring.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Lol, are you really dancing around the truth this much????? This is ridiculous. Many news organizations reached out to the UK government and all got this reply about not being conducive to the public good. So what was not conducive to the public good that this little white girl was going to do, if not the interview?

No dancing required just an awareness that someone's stated reason for entering the country isn't always the only knew. Still good to know that all anyone (islamic radical, Racial supremacist, communist radical) needs to do is say they are to do an interview and they should get automatic entry.

If I was speculating I would guess that her reason for being refused entry is more to do with who she was travelling with than her personally.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

So basically they're not denying that it was her politics that they disagreed with. But the police are scared of being labeled racists, so it's all good that they let 1400 little girls get raped by a muslim, oops I mean asian, child trafficking ring.

Not conductive to the public good means that they believe there would be negative consequences such as public disorder for allowing her in.

The UK government is right wing so people need to get over the conservatives being victimised narrative.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

So on one hand, we have the person detained saying they were detained and kicked out because they were goint to interview someone the government doesn't like. On the other we have the government who detained this person saying: "We can kick anyone out we want if we don't want them here."

Now combine that with what we know they did to robert spencer and it's pretty clear they don't want people who might be critical of them or their pet groups.

So why are you speculating?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

A number of years ago I was stupid enough to get a little Dutch courage under my belt and made the mistake of disagreeing with an air stewardess on a 2 leg flight , I was made to wait 24 hours in Singapore, and had be reassessed to be allowed into that next flight to reach my destination . Those pricks have an immense amount of power and can detain people for very minor infractions.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

So if white people start rioting every time a new muslim is allowed in, would they say "well, I guess we'll have to ban muslims because it's not conducive to the public good?" Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Here's what they said a few years ago when they did the same thing to robert spencer, so it's not unprecedented:

We condemn all those whose behaviours and views run counter to our shared values and will not stand for extremism in any form.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

What do you expect from authoritarian governments, that's life in the west, here in oz they recently passed laws to lock up people that have become radicalised, now you will need to talk to them about the exact definition of that is but in the meantime, be sure to vote either left or right to further the divide between the people that allows those wolves in power to keep getting away with removing our liberties little by little as we fight among ourselves over semantics...

edit on 13-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

But here's the thing, half the people you claim the left/right want to divide you from, disagree with you on detaining "radicalized" people. I used to think it was the government against the people, but the more I see of it, the more I think it's actually the government and their sheep against everyone else.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

From my experience of people is many are stuck in some sort of marching cycle,... Left/right left/right left/right ..they don't care to look beyond simplicity, people like routine, think about the key to raising kids is routine, sweet safe routine.

I would agree with what you see, the rulers most certainly do have loyal followers that will gleefully do their bidding.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

So on one hand, we have the person detained saying they were detained and kicked out because they were goint to interview someone the government doesn't like. On the other we have the government who detained this person saying: "We can kick anyone out we want if we don't want them here."

Now combine that with what we know they did to robert spencer and it's pretty clear they don't want people who might be critical of them or their pet groups.

So why are you speculating?

You say while speculating.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I'm not speculating. I'm going with the story told by the people detained and not denied by the people doing the detaining.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

That's called speculating, all you've done is bought the claims of the people held despite them providing no evidence to back up their claims and their claims not fitting with the form or function of UK law and their story has more holes than a chinese brothel.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join