It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK has hit rock bottom - detaining a US citizen because she was to interview Tommy Robinson

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: ScepticScot

How many terror attacks on the US were committed by people from countries on the banned list?

So no one incited violence then, contrary to your initial remarks? I wonder why they got banned.

Promoting white supremacy seems to pretty much cover it.

Can you source where Brittany Pettibone is promoting white supremacy. An actual source please with her advocating it, not some bs opinion.

She does podcasts with self proclaimed white supremacist. She is not exactly hiding it.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Pettibone also continues to support and promote the work of open unapologetic white supremacists and eugenicists such as McCarthy, Stefan Molyneux and Russian-American white nationalist radio host Lana Lokteff, as well as other racists such as popular YouTuber 'Blonde in the Belly of the Beast' (Yes, that is the name of her YouTube channel). Pettibone has refused to publicly disavow any of these people's racist statements or views (Sound familiar?). But of course, she wants you to know she totally isn't a racist white supremacist herself.

of course she's not a white supremacist.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It doesn't. Without violence there is no incitement to violence.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

How many terror attacks on the US were committed by people from countries on the banned list?

So no one incited violence then, contrary to your initial remarks? I wonder why they got banned.

Can you source where Brittany Pettibone is promoting white supremacy. An actual source please with her advocating it, not some bs opinion.

She does podcasts with self proclaimed white supremacist. She is not exactly hiding it.

Can you link me to the podcast please.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Pettibone also continues to support and promote the work of open unapologetic white supremacists and eugenicists such as McCarthy, Stefan Molyneux and Russian-American white nationalist radio host Lana Lokteff, as well as other racists such as popular YouTuber 'Blonde in the Belly of the Beast' (Yes, that is the name of her YouTube channel). Pettibone has refused to publicly disavow any of these people's racist statements or views (Sound familiar?). But of course, she wants you to know she totally isn't a racist white supremacist herself.

of course she's not a white supremacist.

Link your source... I'd like to see who is smearing people so association is effective to smear someone else.

I will make this easy for you... show me HER actually stating her beliefs in white supremacy (whatever that actually is?). Associations, innuendo and smearing using buzz words no longer work. I want you to detail the specifics of what she has said to lead you to believe this.

edit on 12/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: DISRAELI

What is this country coming to when we detain people for opinions???

I would like to see the official reason for the detention. It might not have been put in those terms.

I suspect it will have been under the public safety remit where they believe there is a risk of incitement of violence.

People can argue about the right or wrong of that, but I suspect many of those complaining would be the first to applaud if it was an Islamic preacher detained for the same reason.

Well one is just a journalist, with whom one can agree or disagree with. The other leads a group of people along their line of thinking. Should that Imam believe in Jihad against the west, at least some might develop those same beliefs. Of course in both instances proof is required before detainment. Its really apples to oranges, but nice try.

Nope completely comparable preaching hate is preaching hate
what hate do they preach, be specific please.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Stefan Molyneux?? A white supremacist???

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Actually...Depending on the time of your arrest and seeing a judge you could spend 3 days in lockup without charge.

Not without charge.

Hence my point that somebody is being disingenuous here.

The only way she was held without charge for more than 24 hours is if she was suspected in a serious crime, like murder.

Or terrorism.
edit on 12-3-2018 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Why bother finding evidence when we don't even know what grounds she was apparently held on?

If this was a plank it'll have woodworm... Because it's got loads of holes and it just won't hold any weight.

Prove me wrong?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Brittany Alicia Merced Pettibone (1992–) is an American young adult fiction writer, alt-right commentator, Schrödinger's white nationalist

Her prominence among the alt-right is generally due to her status as a sort of white power Barbie

rationalwiki.org...

Sounds like the kind of person we should be stopping entering the country.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I would like to see the official reason for the detention. It might not have been put in those terms.

I suspect it will have been under the public safety remit where they believe there is a risk of incitement of violence.

People can argue about the right or wrong of that, but I suspect many of those complaining would be the first to applaud if it was an Islamic preacher detained for the same reason.

Well one is just a journalist, with whom one can agree or disagree with. The other leads a group of people along their line of thinking. Should that Imam believe in Jihad against the west, at least some might develop those same beliefs. Of course in both instances proof is required before detainment. Its really apples to oranges, but nice try.

Prove that the journalist was preaching hate. And by that I mean the general standard of hate, not your own personal standard, because that would be nonsense in a debate.

I don't have to prove anything as I am not a lawyer involved in the case. I do know the rules for detaining someone require more than just they are going to interview someone.

You're making the claim that she preaches hate. If that were true, it should be easy enough to prove with verifiable evidence.

No I didn't.

I said that was the likely justification for the detention.

You said preaching hate is preaching hate here. Show me. And again, show me hate that is actual hate and not what assaults your own personal feels.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol

How the holy F**K is giving a lecture on free speech anything to do with hate preaching?

Didn't said it was.

However if you actually believe that was his plan I have a bridge for sale, hardly used.

Before you sell anyone that bridge, I'd like to see the evidence that suggests it wasn't. Or have we ventured into pre-crime territory without my knowledge.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz

well they can call it what ever they want but I call it Blasphemy.
she was refused entry for handing out racist (anti islam) literature at a rally in Luton in February.

Blasphemy Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence to a deity, to religious or holy persons or sacred things, or toward something considered sacred or inviolable.

Racism Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity.

I think you’re right. In the UK a religion is a race, and to demean the religion is racist. Their hate speech laws are essentially blasphemy laws.

Laws on inciting hatred against people based on their religion is not even remotely like laws on blasphemy.

When you're the government, your definition of hate speech and hate material can change by the day. Who will stop you when your cause is "Righteous"?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They wanted to come here to promote deporting foreigners and got deported.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Brittany Alicia Merced Pettibone (1992–) is an American young adult fiction writer, alt-right commentator, Schrödinger's white nationalist

Her prominence among the alt-right is generally due to her status as a sort of white power Barbie

rationalwiki.org...

Well damn. If only the UK had required one source to make a determination about those grooming gangs.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
She's just an alt-lite edgelord.
Even then, hardly a reason to detain her. It's not like what she might say won't resonate, right?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

One day this sort of statist thought policing will bite you in your own ass, if it hasn't already.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Curious, but maybe a resident of the UK can fill me in. Why don't you believe in free speech? Are you yourself at risk of being incited to hatred or violence upon hearing the types of speech and beliefs you find abhorrent?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No one has to listen to her. It's not like she will speak and suddenly there will be hoards of swastikas on the streets of London.
Meanwhile, the UK will not let anyone even think about some of the more morally questionable aspects of Islam without serious consequences.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This Sounds Eerily Like the Fictional Film V for Vendetta , Is the Lion being Prepared to be Slain ?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join