It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: fiverx313

So what? Warren's not one, so it's not like I'm offending any Native directly. I am actually calling out her cultural appropriation.

PS, My NA husband finds it hilarious.

i think if you actually tried, you'd find actual natives who find what you're doing pretty offensive, whether they believe warren has native blood or not. posts like the one you just made are basically trash.

Actually, your post is trash. Or PC. Or whatever you want to call it. I went with trash.

As an actual Cherokee, we have always made fun of poor Warren. Did you know what she submitted once for a NA family recipe? Clam chowder.

Yea, we had a lot of that on the Trail of Tears.

Keep in mind, the Cherokee will accept up to 1/128th blood for the roll. So like, a mosquito can land on you and you're not Cherokee anymore. As another aside, there was a time in Chief Bird's time in office when you could be a Cherokee for about $20,000.

And I HAVE to add, it would be odd that Warren, as a Democrat, would claim Cherokee. After all we as a tribe have a population of black people that we took in after the Civil War that we did not allow to vote until last year when the Tribe lost a federal case. Otherwise they would still not be allowed voting rights. Look up Freedmen. I have good Freedmen friends.

You mean you don't use desert clams or make Cactus chowder?

But if she picked one of the East Coast tribes, that might have proved more problematic.

The Oklahoma territories took in freed slaves and pretty much anyone after the war.

A pretty good "melting pot" The first I would say.

The Lone Ranger lived and worked there, Bass Reeves.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3 11 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: fiverx313

So what? Warren's not one, . . .

I always find it interesting when unknown "facts" are declared by posters

As opposed to unknown "facts" claimed by one of your favorite politicians?

Are you claiming I support Warren? I don't think I've ever mentioned her in regards to politics.

NoOne did. Just the MSM. They're looking for someone creditable to challenge Trump in 2020.
Scratch Oprah Winfrey
Scratch Elizabeth Warren

Still possible:
Kamala Harris
Corey Booger
Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden
Bernie Sanders (until Hillary threatens his wife again)

Kamala backed the oakland mayor on protecting illegals.

Booger is a Nation of islam fan taking money from them.

Hill will be in jail or on the run.

Uncle Joe? lol. too long to list.

Bernie won't run.

Adam "pencil neck" shiff should run.

Perez? Do we need another racist to run?

Maxine? Not enough IQ.

Castro? That name will get him far for sure.

I'm at a loss at who they can actually put money behind.

Hope the DNC got the latest anti spyware this time.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: rickymouse
DNA testing is not the great reveal that many people have been led to believe. Those little kits only measure a tiny portion of your DNA and do little to actually identify your true ancestry.

Having Native American DNA is different from having Native American ancestry. Native American DNA could be lost every generation and you could still have real Native American ancestry in your family history.

Genealogical DNA tests can’t tell you a specific Native American tribe you belong to. Nor can you use these DNA tests as a basis for tribal enrollment. And even if you had a family member that was considered to be Native American, your DNA results may not reveal any evidence of it. Only Native American tribes or families can determine whether to accept you as one of them, even if you have no Native American DNA or a lot of it. What’s more, the Native American diaspora is poorly sampled/studied because many indigenous populations refuse to test, making it challenging for these analyses to adequately detect Native American DNA. Moreover, these ethnicity admixture tests only provide estimates of your affinity (similarity) to reference populations chosen and labelled by each company. As such, the ethnic percentages in your DNA results doesn’t literally mean you’re related or have any genealogical connection whatsoever to that ethnic population. Currently most companies analyze 400,000 to 700,000 ancestry informative markers (aka SNPs) out of a potential 15 million (the whole genome has 3 billion base pairs) so your results may not be as specific as you expect. Sometimes during analysis of your DNA, there are no-calls, miscalls, deletions and insertions that may further negatively affect your ethnic admixture scores. Also be sure to join the NATIVE AMERICAN ANCESTRY EXPLORER FB group to discuss your results, genealogy and stories [recommended by genetic genealogist Roberta Estes 2016 blog here]. The good news is your DNA results will change as the science improves; until then keep a proverbial grain of salt handy.

Roots & Recombinant DNA

Well, when my son-in-law had his done he was half Native American but he is actually half Guatemalan native. Probably Inca. The DNA does not say what tribe he is from. Also, his last name is not Spanish, it is Italian. His father was Italian. After he got the test, he contacted his cousin and his father explained they were Italian from knowledge of their family history. His dad was killed when he was about three and they moved to America..

I have spent a lot of time researching DNA snps and what they mean. I do not have the whole genome, but I have enough when combined with family history to unlock disease risk and appropriate diet based on risk. My wife's DNA is right where it was supposed to be as far as ancestry. My DNA was also pretty correct. It turns out my Son-in-laws is correct, he just did not know what he was supposed to know about his father. My Ex's DNA does not have any native American markers what so ever, meaning either someone messed around and her biological father is not her father or maybe her fathers grandmother was considered a native American from Canada but was actually Norwegian. The Norwegian is not supposed to be in her DNA to any extent, it is higher than it is supposed to be. There are the Dark Finns and Dark Norwegians, they almost could pass for Native Americans. Especially if they had somehow been brought into the clan from outside.

I was skeptical, so I checked if these snps matched with offspring, the hundred or two I checked would show that the kids were mine, and the ones related came just where they were supposed to in the lineup, actually, many of my relatives who I know were relatives showed up exactly where they were supposed to be.

Since these snps often represent a history of environmental factors including disease and nutrition, they are able to show an association and area of where things probably came from. Nothing is fullproof though. And there were many soldiers that raped women all over in history, evidently my family did not get much of a mix that way, they must not have been in areas where that was a problem. The main thing about ancestry is the blending by people waging war throughout history, the women were sometimes part of the spoils from winning the war.

There is a lot wrong with how they are looking at the Native Americans, there was an influx of new Indians coming over from Europe and the Mediteranian. That thousand year old plusmixture of other overseas cultures in their pool is most probably being inappropriately interpreted. Columbus had access to old maps, that is how he knew this place was here, that info is on the web in places, researched by historians over the years. But people do not believe that evidence, because Columbus discovered America was taught to us. There were people coming here all along trading with some tribes, both in north and south America. In another ten years or so that evidence will be accepted because there is a lot of it out there. Even the Chinese had a presence in California two thousand or more years ago, they found quite a few skeletons there of Chinese DNA. Either they had a Huge ship with quite a few different unrelated people or there were more than one ship or landing. They were all in one area though and they did seem to have women with the group. They did not supposedly mix with the natives here at that time, they stayed pretty much to themselves.

The Chinese part I got right from Archeological sites. They had a hard time getting their members to accept the Chinese settled here really long ago.

The snps they collect for Ancestry are chosen for their ability to identify ancestry, there are some stuck in there to identify traits of people and others chosen to test for disease risk. They are by no means random, most have been chosen for specific reasons. Like you said, they have not had much luck with getting Native Americans to get DNA done, some do not want to know if they are from the tribe, The Indians would take in kids that were strays from tribes they fought with or where disease wiped them out. Their DNA is blended and harder to figure out because records were not kept to help to sort things out. Different type of culture than Europeans have.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
trump gets away without providing his income tax, but a dem has to take a dna test???
get real!!!

What do you mean Trump got away with it?

Trump was blasted by the world press and private citizens for months and - case in point - even up to this day for not documenting his income tax.

If that is 'getting away with it', surely by the same standards Elizabeth Warren is 'getting away' with not accommodating the calls for herto documenti her claimed heritage.

You cannot have it both ways without coming of as having double standards.

Also, the opinion piece that 'calls for her to take a DNA-test' merely suggests that the hardcore proof a DNA-test would provide is the the only effective way of shutting down the issue, that her opponents otherwise will likely keep alive, and that that is it is the smart thing to do.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Columbus had access to old maps, that is how he knew this place was here, that info is on the web in places, researched by historians over the years. But people do not believe that evidence, because Columbus discovered America was taught to us.

No, people do not believe that, because it is fairly well (as in 'really well') established that Columbus set out to reach the Indies (south Asia) and initially believed that he had done so.

It is that initial belief that led to the natives being called 'Indians' - a name that stuck around for quite some time and thus for half a millennium was testament to his mistake.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: rickymouse
DNA testing is not the great reveal that many people have been led to believe. Those little kits only measure a tiny portion of your DNA and do little to actually identify your true ancestry.

Having Native American DNA is different from having Native American ancestry. Native American DNA could be lost every generation and you could still have real Native American ancestry in your family history.

Genealogical DNA tests can’t tell you a specific Native American tribe you belong to. Nor can you use these DNA tests as a basis for tribal enrollment. And even if you had a family member that was considered to be Native American, your DNA results may not reveal any evidence of it. Only Native American tribes or families can determine whether to accept you as one of them, even if you have no Native American DNA or a lot of it. What’s more, the Native American diaspora is poorly sampled/studied because many indigenous populations refuse to test, making it challenging for these analyses to adequately detect Native American DNA. Moreover, these ethnicity admixture tests only provide estimates of your affinity (similarity) to reference populations chosen and labelled by each company. As such, the ethnic percentages in your DNA results doesn’t literally mean you’re related or have any genealogical connection whatsoever to that ethnic population. Currently most companies analyze 400,000 to 700,000 ancestry informative markers (aka SNPs) out of a potential 15 million (the whole genome has 3 billion base pairs) so your results may not be as specific as you expect. Sometimes during analysis of your DNA, there are no-calls, miscalls, deletions and insertions that may further negatively affect your ethnic admixture scores. Also be sure to join the NATIVE AMERICAN ANCESTRY EXPLORER FB group to discuss your results, genealogy and stories [recommended by genetic genealogist Roberta Estes 2016 blog here]. The good news is your DNA results will change as the science improves; until then keep a proverbial grain of salt handy.

Roots & Recombinant DNA

Well, when my son-in-law had his done he was half Native American but he is actually half Guatemalan native. Probably Inca. The DNA does not say what tribe he is from. Also, his last name is not Spanish, it is Italian. His father was Italian. After he got the test, he contacted his cousin and his father explained they were Italian from knowledge of their family history. His dad was killed when he was about three and they moved to America..

I have spent a lot of time researching DNA snps and what they mean. I do not have the whole genome, but I have enough when combined with family history to unlock disease risk and appropriate diet based on risk. My wife's DNA is right where it was supposed to be as far as ancestry. My DNA was also pretty correct. It turns out my Son-in-laws is correct, he just did not know what he was supposed to know about his father. My Ex's DNA does not have any native American markers what so ever, meaning either someone messed around and her biological father is not her father or maybe her fathers grandmother was considered a native American from Canada but was actually Norwegian. The Norwegian is not supposed to be in her DNA to any extent, it is higher than it is supposed to be. There are the Dark Finns and Dark Norwegians, they almost could pass for Native Americans. Especially if they had somehow been brought into the clan from outside.

I was skeptical, so I checked if these snps matched with offspring, the hundred or two I checked would show that the kids were mine, and the ones related came just where they were supposed to in the lineup, actually, many of my relatives who I know were relatives showed up exactly where they were supposed to be.

Since these snps often represent a history of environmental factors including disease and nutrition, they are able to show an association and area of where things probably came from. Nothing is fullproof though. And there were many soldiers that raped women all over in history, evidently my family did not get much of a mix that way, they must not have been in areas where that was a problem. The main thing about ancestry is the blending by people waging war throughout history, the women were sometimes part of the spoils from winning the war.

There is a lot wrong with how they are looking at the Native Americans, there was an influx of new Indians coming over from Europe and the Mediteranian. That thousand year old plusmixture of other overseas cultures in their pool is most probably being inappropriately interpreted. Columbus had access to old maps, that is how he knew this place was here, that info is on the web in places, researched by historians over the years. But people do not believe that evidence, because Columbus discovered America was taught to us. There were people coming here all along trading with some tribes, both in north and south America. In another ten years or so that evidence will be accepted because there is a lot of it out there. Even the Chinese had a presence in California two thousand or more years ago, they found quite a few skeletons there of Chinese DNA. Either they had a Huge ship with quite a few different unrelated people or there were more than one ship or landing. They were all in one area though and they did seem to have women with the group. They did not supposedly mix with the natives here at that time, they stayed pretty much to themselves.

The Chinese part I got right from Archeological sites. They had a hard time getting their members to accept the Chinese settled here really long ago.

The snps they collect for Ancestry are chosen for their ability to identify ancestry, there are some stuck in there to identify traits of people and others chosen to test for disease risk. They are by no means random, most have been chosen for specific reasons. Like you said, they have not had much luck with getting Native Americans to get DNA done, some do not want to know if they are from the tribe, The Indians would take in kids that were strays from tribes they fought with or where disease wiped them out. Their DNA is blended and harder to figure out because records were not kept to help to sort things out. Different type of culture than Europeans have.

I'm 60% olmec coz they haz a sample.

Actually I"m Jesus's brother. Biologically that is.

Coz we have the family DNA, like I should wear a kilt instead of lederhosen or sandals.

It's all bull#.

Without another sample you can't conclude anything.

Warren is related to butter.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Actions speak louder then words. No more tests are needed. Wake up and throw the book at her.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
trump gets away without providing his income tax, but a dem has to take a dna test???
get real!!!

Neither are required by law, so who cares?

We should all move on from both of these issues.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Why should she have to prove it to anyone?

Because like it was mentioned many times, she is using it as a claim to further her career.

You are ok with someone lying about their minority status?

Fine then, everyone should claim native american ancestry. No need to prove anything.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Maybe because she put it on an application to land a job at Harvard. I know I have to sometimes show proof of things I claim on a resume’.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Maybe because she put it on an application to land a job at Harvard. I know I have to sometimes show proof of things I claim on a resume’.

Wouldn’t that be Harvard’s prerogative for proof at the time?

How far back should someone have to provide evidence of who they claim to be at any given time? Where and when is the line drawn on what has to be proven and when?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A more interesting question to ask Warren is how long has she been a Democrat? Ask it the right way and you will get your spit sample.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So how long before we get it anyway. From a cup or spoon somewhere I bet there's a bounty on it!!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Gothmog

Tell that to these judges who are changing peoples sex.

Simply by a ruling they can magically become a man or a woman.

not the same? possible but it is very close in legal terms.

Per Federal Law you cannot illegally claim "minority" status to enter a program.
There is no law against claiming one gender or another...

define illegally would be necessary along with proving intent and that will be the hardest thing in her case cause she has a long trail of evidence that shows she really believes what she is saying.From that view your dna test are beside the point. It is not a lie if one believes it. It would just be ignorance.
edit on 12-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

i suspect you understand why it's insulting, because trump clearly means it mockingly. so... lazy trolling. try harder.
You're right, Trump was being purposefully insulting to her, but is that any worse than her? She is being purposefully insulting to the Native American population by stealing their heritage and using it for her own personal gain. While I don't agree with Trump using Pocahontas as a derogatory term, I feel revulsion towards this lady for using the plight of a minority group to further her own career. For reference she used her "ancestry" to gain favor with school administrators and valuable positions within the schools. She never corrected Harvard for using her Ancestry to claim diversity. She bloody well dressed up in full native regalia and danced around on stage! Can't you see how insulting she is being? and still you support her? why? Seriously why?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
hahahaha. great times we live in.

if she's native American Indian I'm a super Eskimo.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Neither are required by law, so who cares?

Well, yeah.

For Warren, it's just that these claims always come back to bite her in the ass.

No test needed, because even she says "well, that's what I heard"....so that's really all Pocahontas ever based it on...

She knows it will come back negative, so of course she's not going to. Of course, I wouldn't just submit to someone asking me to do a DNA test either. Why should I? So, I get that part of it too.

The funny part, is that this one issue basically is the one that totally torpedoes any shot she ever had at the Oval Office (thank goodness....because her actual policy flip-flopping and line of BS provide enough REAL reasons to keep her out of the chair). If the Dems are dumb enough to actually run her in 2020, it'll be a landslide for Trump.

I'd love to see that one Dem congresswoman from Hawaii run, but sadly, she's a practicing Buddhist, so that would doom her in the national election. Shame too, because she ticks off all of the other boxes in what one would want as a POTUS. She'd have my vote, but she'd never get the bible thumpers.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm sure there's someone at Ancestry.com that could be paid to fudge a test.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

if she's native American Indian I'm a super Eskimo.

Hello Quinn.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I'm sure there's someone at Ancestry.com that could be paid to fudge a test.

There is no law against it unless it is court ordered.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join