It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So, we are well within our rights to acknowledge basic human instincts and natural reactions. Humans have no problem proving they are right when they know they are right. When humans state things where there is doubt, or they are just making crap up, they tend to not be taken seriously.

Elizabeth Warren has no native-American ancestry within her bloodline, despite being told by her parents to the contrary and the fact that she refuses to prove it means she knows its not true.

Only one way to prove me wrong Lizzy - take the #in test because you speak sh!t and I don't believe you.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
DNA is not guaranteed - - especially with Native Americans due to low samplings.

THE VERDICT

“If Warren did have testing and it found Native American ancestry, we could be confident” she had a tribal ancestor, said 23andMe’s Bryc. But if it weren’t found, it could be because DNA from a single Native American ancestor happened not to survive five generations of DNA scrambling. “Just because DNA [associated with Native Americans or any other population group] isn’t there doesn’t mean you should give up your family stories,” said AncestryDNA’s Byrnes. www.statnews.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I don't claim anything. Chill dog.

She labeled herself as Native American for gain in her profession

No she didnt. where did you hear that? Where did you read that?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
She can show her ancestry through her family tree. There is no reason to take pressure from the self-righteous idiots that just love to stir up #. There can be a lot of unwanted baggage by taking a DNA test, that anyone has the right to refuse unless you are guilty of a felony. None of that data should be available to the public, and people that allow that info to be shared are just plain stupid.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: redhorse

this one works

they have the Haplogroups 😎

Haplogroups only prove deep ancestry, and is only about 1% of your DNA. It is often reflective of your physical characterists or primary ethnicity, but this is not always the case either. It does not necessarily reflect what has happened in the last 500 or 400 years, which is what autosomal DNA will do... to a point, but only to a point. Again, because of recombination that autosomal DNA doesn't necessarily reflect all ethnicities that may be present.

Regarding haplogroups, for example, my maternal haplogroup is L2a1, which is quintessentially African. I look white, but I am genetically only about 75% (ish, depends on the test and calculator) European. You can't go by looking at a person. I am highly unusual though. Haplogroups usually reflect the primary (and this is an important word PRIMARY) ethnicity present, but there are always exceptions. A native haplogroup may not be present in her DNA because she is primarily white, it is more likely to be of European origin. But, someone of primarily native ancestry can have a European haplogroup, or someone of predominantly European ancestry can have an African haplogroup, or any number of things. My point here is that haplogroups are nearly meaningless when it comes to trying to establish an ancestral mix that is only a few hundred years old. It would be an irrefutable slam dunk if she has one, but because she is mostly European a Native haplogroup is unlikely to be reflected in her DNA even if trace amounts of native ancestry were reflected in her autosomal DNA.

Also, the more mixed you are the more unreliable autosomal results will be. It's not simple. It's not straightforward. And further, especially and specifically when it comes to trace amounts of Native American DNA not terribly reliable.

Let me give you an example. On 23andme, I have Yupik cousins. All of our shared relatives are Native American, and yet, that is not reflected in my autosomal results on 23andme. There is no native DNA according to their calculators. Yet, on GEDMatch, I can find it. If I look. But I have to look and tear it apart chromosome by chromosome. And it's tiny, tiny amounts. Recombination at work.

link   
a reply to: Annee

Low samplings has nothing to do with it. If you have enough Native American DNA to be detected, it will be.

DNA gets diluted generation by generation just due to the nature of DNA. It is the same with any nationality.

You get 50% from each parent. Each of your parents gets 50% from each of theirs. So as the generations go back, if there is just a bit of a certain nationality, it can become so minute that it is barely detectable.

However, having had a DNA test myself, I can say from my own experience that my nationality results were amazingly accurate, down to the smallest percentages. I can verify this, because we have a detailed family history on all sides going back many generations wherever possible.

link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Ok thats nice. But... Again you assumed my decendancy was .. white? black? It's like black people calling each other N--- you know that word right. So why is ok for them but no one else? You don't know what my bloodline is, and you're trying to school me in what is 'right' and 'wrong'.

People are people. Names shouldn't matter. If you get upset over a simple name then how can you handle anything else, cry about it? Yell? SFlakes revenge because of a name? Remember that song in preschool it goes like this. Sticks and Stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. Names only hurt you if you let them. Is this planet Earth or Planet tattle tale you called me a name I dont like wahhh? I'm not saying this to offend I'm saying it to show you how stupid it looks when people whine and complain about stuff non stop. Agree or Disagree doesnt matter.

It's like complaining about the word Ahole being used, there's always someone who's offended by something. It's called Life.
No hard feelings.

edit on 11-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Low samplings has nothing to do with it. If you have enough Native American DNA to be detected, it will be.

You are incorrect.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Ok thats nice. But... Again you assumed my decendancy was .. white? black? It's like black people calling each other N--- you know that word right. So why is ok for them but no one else? You don't know what my bloodline is, and you're trying to school me in what is 'right' and 'wrong'.

People are people. Names shouldn't matter. If you get upset over a simple name then how can you handle anything else, cry about it? Yell? SFlakes revenge because of a name? Remember that song in preschool it goes like this. Sticks and Stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. Names only hurt you if you let them. Is this planet Earth or Planet tattle tale you called me a name I dont like wahhh? I'm not saying this to offend I'm saying it to show you how stupid it looks when people whine and complain about stuff non stop. Agree or Disagree doesnt matter.

It's like complaining about the word Ahole being used, there's always someone who's offended by something. It's called Life.
No hard feelings.

you asked how it was insulting, i explained, now you're arguing if it''s insulting, so what.

so... what? you asked, you got answered, now you're going somewhere else. so, bon voyage!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

She labeled herself as Native American for gain in her profession

No she didnt. where did you hear that? Where did you read that?

Survey: Diversity Lacking At HLS

Although the conventional wisdom among students and faculty is that the Law School faculty includes no minority women, Chmura said Professor of Law Elizabeth Warren is Native American.

I wonder where they got that idea?
Note - the article is from 1996.

Warren says she called herself a minority to connect

US Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren said on Wednesday that she listed herself as a minority in directories of law professors in the hopes of networking with other “people like me” — meaning those with Native American roots.
Last week, Warren said she had no idea that Harvard was touting her as a minority in the 1990s. But two days later, she acknowledged that for years before she joined the faculty at Harvard, she had been classifying herself as a minority professor in a directory of the Association of American Law Schools.

That directory included Warren on a list of minority professors from 1986 through 1995.

edit on 3/11/18 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Enjoy your Sail!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

feel free to argue with the article

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Why should she have to prove it to anyone?

Haven't you heard of "cultural appropriation"? She claimed it for political advantage. If she cares not to prove it, that nullifies the advantage she was trying to claim. It's Native Americans who have asked her to prove it. Just like Rachel Dolezal. Heard of her? Head of the NAACP in Spokane. She frizzed her hair and claimed she was Black. That got her some good gigs until both her parents said she was born Caucasian when they had her. Kind of blew her whole pack of lies. She claims she "identifies with the Black race" therefore she should be able to claim any heritage she wants. You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

You are incorrect.

Feel free to argue with the linked article.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: redhorse

You are incorrect.

Feel free to argue with the linked article.

I am actually agreeing with the linked article.

In other words, what the he** is your problem?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Your linked article is a biased source.

Why don't you look into how the Cherokee feel about DNA proof, since she claims to be Cherokee?

Tribe moves to implement DNA testing for new applicants to Cherokee rolls

The Tribal Council of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians has passed a new enrollment ordinance that requires DNA testing for new applicants to the tribe’s rolls. The DNA testing will be used to verify the applicant’s parental lineage.

The new enrollment ordinance also creates a process for disenrolling those who don’t qualify as Cherokee.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That was funny since she got punished by the NAACP for lying, they even said to her that they wouldn't have cared if she was white when they hired her, since they want the best to serve the community. I remember they even had a white chapter president on the air talking about how she was insultive to the community she was suppose to have been helping.

After that fiasco, it was pushed as a narrative that you can be whatever you want to be, as long as you identify as that. Want to be black, but you ain't got game, no worries just identify as black. Want to be a friggen Smurf, go ahead and identify as a Smurf. Crappos, it seems that in some states (looking at you Oregon and Washington) you can even identify on your birth certificate nonspecific gender to go with your nonspecific identity.

All this "claim to be what you want" crap must be hard on the Easter Bunny. Handing out all those baskets of hell we've gotten ourselves in to. So here's to you Lizzie Warren, be whatever you want to be, and have fun about it too (you idiot)

If she really wanted to be taken seriously she would just payoff somebody that is Native American to swap DNA for so she could just shut this conversation down, so I guess we're lucky she's not as bad as some democrats in that regard.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Holy Smokes!

She's Mexican too!

I mean, there is a recipe in the cookbook.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I don't do single article research.

But, I do post that which I feel best suits the question.

How about you? How many articles did you look up before posting yours?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join