It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

True dat.
Who was it who told over TWO THOUSAND lies in their first year of office?
Oh yeah trump...

You don't need to tell us what's required to distinguish a liar from upstanding people we know.

B-b-but, Trump!

Feels good to turn that around. Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Why does she have to? She's says she has native American blood then that's good enough.
Have you seen the ad for 23 and me? Where the guy says growing up we were German. We danced in German dance groups etc.. When he was asked his ancestry and he said German was he lying? It turned out that he wasn't German at all but until that test was he lying? I believe my ancestry is Italian, English and Welsh. I have this on good authority...my parents. I'm not getting a DNA test to prove whether they lied or not.
edit on 3112018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I still want to know why you think Pocahontas is a derogatory name.
edit on 11-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If she did take one, and the results didn't match up with somes political identities, they would consider it a forgery/fake news.

I await the next decade of Warren truther threads!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Is that right. No she was listed in a directory at Harvard as native American and they singled her out in their population as native American but she never used it to gain anything including a job. She did not list herself as native American in school applications or to get a position at any time when she was a teacher.
Sounds like you've been ingesting internet conspiracies.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

What does trumps tight body hug when he's lying I mean talking say? He couldn't get his arms in tight enough.
I half expected him to pull his hands from his arm pits in the style of Mary Catherine Gallagher and sniff them.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

I still want to know why you think Pocahontas is a derogatory name.

if you don't get it maybe you should be referred to as lil abner, since you're from appalachia? or pappy yokum? he's a great guy, nothing insulting about that.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

You never went to hi school did you. I hope you're not going to get all snowflakey on me./jest.

/unjest

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You never went to hi school did you.

calm down, pa kettle!

lol... despite being from the greater appalachian region myself, yes i did manage high school AND college. and i would never insult a native american by calling them by the name of the one native american most white americans could actually name.

i suspect you understand why it's insulting, because trump clearly means it mockingly. so... lazy trolling. try harder.
edit on 11-3-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

However her ancestry has been traced and though the results are disputed (of course they are) the trace showed she is 1/32 native american. At one point in our history that would have been enough to throw her into a reservation.
If it had been 1/32 African she would have been labeled black and not had any rignts at all at one time in spite of her ivory skin gray eyes and blond hair. If black was in the blood anywhere you could be captured and kept as a slave. For those who say it's a minuscule amount I'm just pointing out how those minuscule amounts once meant something.
edit on 3112018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Not everyone takes it like you or others would. You know that right? Cracker Jack.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Not everyone takes it like you or others would. You know that right? Cracker Jack.

if you're going to pretend it's not meant to be insulting when it obviously is, i don't know what else to tell you. it's an infantile diversion to ask to have such things explained to you, imo.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It's even more so to assume I knew that.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

She admitted it herself here.

www.cbsnews.com/news/warren-concedes-she-told-harvard-and-penn-about-native-american-ancestry/

Always amazing how people will support their cause without even knowing fact from in this case Native American Folklore on the part of Warren. She used her assertions of being Native American to gain a position at Havard. Sadly, Harvard was most likely aware of her status but allowed it because of her wealth and contributions she could make to their endowment fund. Even Snopes bust her on this claim..
.She needs to come clean and apologize and attempt to make it right

And where is this study of her ancestry cited in the above post ? She has not offered any such thing other than a story her Mother told her so. I assume that the link can be provided to this study of her ancestry or it would not have bee cited other than a lame attempt to back up her lies.

And Harvard did more than list her in a directory. They used her supposed Native American status to declare their staff as "diverse".

TextThe Ivy League law school prominently touted Warren’s Native American background, however, in an effort to bolster their diversity hiring record in the ’90s as the school came under heavy fire for a faculty that was then predominantly white and male

www.google.com/amp/www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2012/04/harvard_trips_on_roots_of_elizabeth_warren_s_family_tree%3famp

And since her own family disputes her story and claims that the family had a strong dislike of Native Americans, I would say nope, lies to make her something she is not because her lies gained her tenure.

www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/09/15/elizabeth-warren-family-has-mixed-memories-about-heritage/o9oXvDiUMcXiipkyuinU5M/amp.html

Above link to story about her own family disputing her dubious claims.
The family says they have zero documentation to family roots so no one can say she is or isn't which means she cannot either but continues to claim it even though a simple test can tell the truth..
shame on her and supporters who support her claims

edit on 3/11/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

edit on 3/11/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 3/11/2018 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you're insulted by that you should be protesting against the Cleveland Indians instead of getting up in arms about a dead woman who doesn't give a @#.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I dont. Trump used it as such. Don't put that onus on me good fellow. You know it doesn't belong there.
I think Pocahontas was an extraordinary woman who overcame vast cultural differences to represent the native people of this land throughout Europe. Nothing in her life prepared her for that.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If you're insulted by that you should be protesting against the Cleveland Indians instead of getting up in arms about a dead woman who doesn't give a @#.

well i think they're both crappy, actually. and not because of someone who's dead but because of how it matters to people now.

i'm sorry i assumed you were arguing in bad faith. i will make a more serious attempt to explain why it's insulting.

it's insulting to call a woman with native heritage 'pocahantas' because it's assuming that all people of that heritage fit in that one box you can compare them to. it's belittling.

it would be like calling your chinese acquaintance confucious, because hey, confucious was chinese. or calling your black friend malcom X because that's a black guy you've heard of. or calling your british friend 'prince charles' because you know he's a british guy.

it's erasing a person's actual identify in favor of a shorthand your (white) audience will understand, because they're in on the joke that people who aren't white are just so different it's funny.

i hope that makes it a little more clear. i think sometimes it's hard to see things from the inside. again, apologies for my original assumptions.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: redhorse

However her ancestry has been traced and though the results are disputed (of course they are) the trace showed she is 1/32 native american. At one point in our history that would have been enough to throw her into a reservation.
If it had been 1/32 African she would have been labeled black and not had any rignts at all at one time in spite of her ivory skin gray eyes and blond hair. If black was in the blood anywhere you could be captured and kept as a slave. For those who say it's a minuscule amount I'm just pointing out how those minuscule amounts once meant something.

If you claim she is 1/32 Native American, and I don't see your source so I'm not sure where you heard that, consider this:
In order to be accepted as Native American in the tribes that have the lowest requirements, you only need to be 6.25 %. That would mean you would have one great-great-grandparent who was full blood. Other tribes require 12.5%, 25% or 50%. So, if she is 1/32, that is only 3.125%. That trace amount would not qualify her for any tribe.

She labeled herself as Native American for gain in her profession, which would be fraud. She has no proof, and if she is even 1/32, she would not have enough blood claim to be accepted into any tribe.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Maybe we should ask what seasons he wears shoes or what's the best way to cook 'possum???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join