It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Charlatan U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren is apparently refusing to take a standard DNA sample test to determine her claimed Native American heritage.

She has used this claim in the past to further her career.

She has a law degree of course, and always "talks" and "gestures" like a schlock shyster.

Now somebody wants "confirmation" and she is trembling because she is exposed as a liar and phony.

Her very political career is in jeopardy

Elizabeth Warren refuses DNA test to prove Native American heritage

Sen. Elizabeth Warren batted down calls for her to take a DNA test to prove her Native American heritage in an interview that aired Sunday.

“I know who I am. And never used it for anything. Never got any benefit from it anywhere,” Warren said of her ancestry on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

The Massachusetts Democrat has been under increased pressure to provide evidence of ​her ​Native American roots, with President Trump repeatedly mocking her as “Pocahontas” as recently as Saturday.

Asked whether she’d take an ancestry test, Warren said she wants to hold onto the folklore of her parents’ love story.

^^ how sweet eh

Because of recombination unless her grandmother was full blooded native, it may not show anything at all. Most native American DNA is approximated because most tribes won't condone native DNA for science, and American Indian individuals are often not that interested in testing. It's cultural. There is an implicit distrust (and justifiably so) of these entities that are trying to "study" American Indians. So what is available for these databases is limited.

If I were her, I don't know if I would do it, because there is a reasonable chance that American Indian DNA wouldn't be detected by such tests even if it is present. Of course, if she has a great or great, great grandparent who was fully native, there is still a reasonable chance that it would as well. Rolling the dice though. American Indian DNA is the chanciest and most unreliable ethnicity to prove or disprove.

Besides, most tribes give two sh**s about DNA testing. You need to prove blood quotient with a paper trail to a direct ancestor on the Dawes rolls. Which, even if you have a native ancestor can be hard to prove because lots of part natives tried to "pass" as completely white in order to AVOID the Dawes rolls. Or hid their part blood kids with white families to avoid it.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I suppose one of her female ancestors actually had a hidden affair with someone who has Native American in them and she will wind up actually having some in her genetics.

She will find out she is not even related to someone she thinks she is related to.

There is a lot of that in people's history, people who might lose some prestige probably do not want to get their ancestry done. They may find they are a mutt, their great grandmother liked to fool around. They may even find out that their siblings are only half siblings. Not many people actually want to know for sure, they want what they believe in to be true. Rape is not a new thing, neither are affairs.

My Ex told people she was one eighth Indian, she could even name the relative from family history. She has no Native American in her at all. She still says that the ancestry is not right, I compared our daughters, mine, and hers on many snps, they all match. It is correct, the fairytale she was told is not right though. My daughter has told people all her life she is about a sixteenth native american. At least she accepted it and laughed about not having any native American blood, but her kids are quarter Native American, her husband is from Guatamala originally, his mother is pretty pure Native American heritage, his father was Spanish...so he thought. He was Italian, his father was related to a saint. But, my son-in-law sure ain't no saint.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Did she use this alleged ancestry to get preferential treatment in the past? If not, no issue.

If you can find evidence of it that passes muster, then I'll change my tune.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Did she use this alleged ancestry to get preferential treatment in the past? If not, no issue.

passes muster is the key phrase

it is not as if it happened or not but does it rise to your personal level of corruption?

nice try

you input an impossibility on its face

btw i have givin links at every step

ignored

edit on 11-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

this one works

they have the Haplogroups 😎

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I say we should have mandatory dna tests for everyone in the united states.
That way we can put everyone into their proper category and judge them accordingly.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I say we should have mandatory dna tests for everyone in the united states.
That way we can put everyone into their proper category and judge them accordingly.

Ya don't need DNA tests to prove known liars are liars.

📺

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who is demanding this from her?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

True dat.
Who was it who told over TWO THOUSAND lies in their first year of office?
Oh yeah trump...

You don't need to tell us what's required to distinguish a liar from upstanding people we know.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

She never claimed to be related to Pocahontas. That was the derogatory name assigned her by the anus orifice trump.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

She will find out she is not even related to someone she thinks she is related to.

I'd laugh if she was related to Angela Merkel.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

True dat.
Oh yeah trump...

You don't need to tell us what's required to distinguish a liar from upstanding people we know.

lol
is that a ton

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Penn’s 2005 Minority Equity Report identified her as the recipient of a 1994 faculty award, listing her name in bold to signify that she was a minority. While Warren was at U. Penn. Law School she put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list as Native American) in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools, and that Harvard Law School at one time promoted Warren as a Native American faculty member.

***SNIP***

The former chairman of the American Association of Law Schools, David Bernstein, told the Herald that the group’s directory once served as a tip sheet for administrators. “In the old days before the Internet, you’d pull out the AALS directory and look up people,” he said. “There are schools that, if they were looking for a minority faculty member, would go to that list and might say, ‘I didn’t know Elizabeth Warren was a minority.' ”Warren said she didn’t know Harvard had used her heritage as proof of diversity until reading about the issue in the news, according to a Herald report. She also denied that she ever tried to gain a professional advantage through her lineage.

www.snopes.com...

"I am very proud of my heritage," Warren told NPR in 2012. "These are my family stories. This is what my brothers and I were told by my mom and my dad...

"I know who I am and never used it for anything," Warren said Sunday in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press." "Never got any benefit from it anywhere.".

By all appearances, she did use her "heritage" to benefit herself. Once she dropped the tidbit claiming Native American heritage, she let that little feather fly with no take backs. My question, how much does she contribute to Native American foundations and committees, the betterment of Native Americans, you know... HER peoples?

edit on 11-3-2018 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The only wrong I see committed here was when I university hired a person because of their heritage
It's a broken system and maybe elizabeth used that broken system to get ahead?

At present I have no reason to not believe what she says about her ancestry.

I have pale white skin, green eyes and red hair. You would never believe me if I told you my father was half native american.
His mother was full native. He had brown skin and black hair just like my brother. But no, I look like I came right from some bog in ireland.
I am going to go with innocent until proven guilty on this one.

And by the way if people were telling me I needed to prove my ancestry to them with a dna test I would probably tell them to go to hell. But then again I am not a public servant ether.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

She never claimed to be related to Pocahontas. That was the derogatory name assigned her by the anus orifice trump.

Yeah you're right. She has a face that says 'I never lie EVER'.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

So sorry if I think my opinion matters to me.

If it passes your muster? Cool beans. Have at it. I'll reserve judgement 'til it matters a whit to me. She's not a senator from my state, she stands little, if any chance, of becoming President--contrary to her own delusions. Therefore, it's of little concern to me.

She could claim to be one half alien from Mars, I would not care. That may change at some point in the future. But for the moment--I simply have more important things to worry about.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wait did you just say Pocahontas was a derogatory name?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Is she applying for an affirmative action job? No dear. She won an election to get her job.
Lying about ancestry to get a student loan...I guess that's equal to lying to the draft board about bone spurs. If she did lie. It's not a lie if it's the story she grew up hearing from her family. Most of us have no way to verify the family stories we grow up hearing. I heard that my mother told a train conductor that the wind created by the moving train blew the curls out of her hair . Is it true? I have no way of knowing. It's a cute story. Her words I've been told were "the wind done blowed em away" in her New York attempt at a southern accent as she was traveling to North Carolina to visit her mother's people. I was decades in my mother's future at that time. I believe the story.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

True dat.
Oh yeah trump...

Hillary is so much better at lying than Trump, she could have done that in a couple of months tops. I honestly do not know how Trump won, clearly Hillary was a better deceiver and the best deceiver is always elected to be president.

Something seems definitely wrong with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join