It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How powerful is the U.S. military? Are they underestimated?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinxc
Hello everybody,

Before I begin, I just wanna say this is my first post, so have mercy, and that I always enjoy reading the intelligent conversations that go on here.
This is a great place to hear different points of view and get information the normal media just cannot match. Anyway, on to my topic.

Just how powerful is the U.S. military? Can we reallly defend ourselves against all the threats arising? I gotta tell ya, I cannot help but think that we are being underestimated by a lot of countries out there, just becuase who the hell knows what we have. Dubya must know something we don't. Am I wrong? Why is it everybody takes our aggressiveness? Lets try to leave the nuke factor out, because china has them too and so does russia. What make our (conventional) military so powerful. Im not biased in either direction, just wanna get some perspective that is all. I look forward to reading your thoughts. Can we come out of this supposed "war on terror" in one piece?

My thoughts are based on this. The US is power full but they are not alone.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Listening to an interview with Steven Quayle, I heard him say that the Russian build up has to do with a very sinister plot called Operation Mountain Lion.

This supposedly is the starvation plan against the US population and the filling up of the FEMA camps.

It begins with bringing in 100,000 Russian special forces to disarm Americans, however knowing full well that no citizen will relinquish without disorder, it will play out more like Afghanistan. The initial numbers do not look very discouraging but will grow exponentially as needed.

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar...lol You know better, you necro! This post was started in 05' and has been on the shelves for 4 years!

WOLVERINES!!!
edit on 17-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
THIS IS HOW POWERFUL IS THE US MILITARY!!!!!!

US MITARy and ISRAEL is every day building more and more mechanical army devices.

UAVs, unmanned drones, satellites using computer brians, etc.

You see a MAN has FEELINGS but a ROBOT has DIRECTIVES.

You see a Robot is PROGRAMMED by the MAN to lack EMOTIONS.

Man has emotions, fear, sandess, happiness, joy, sadness, anger, rage, feeling good too though.Depending on the day some days the man may be sad, but he may be happy.

Some days the man feels like fighting, but other days the man would rather be at peace, with his family gardening or buidling a house, or painting a picture. The man is not a machine.

The army ttries to make the man a machine. The army gives the man the discipline and takes aays his humanity. But they can never fully achieve success.. RIGHT?

But with robots the government CAN achieve success, the RObot doesn't eat food, it eats oil! it Doens't get the stomach ache! It doesn't have the bad feeling when it is told

"Hey, kill the people, they hate you!"

Yo usee the man says "really they hate me? no they don't they want to live too! I want to see my family tomorrow"

In every war man loves man, even though they kill eachother. They feel very sad in the end. All men bond through the combats of sweat blood and tears and life.RIGHT?

Because we are all men, we love eachother. Men love men. Deep in the hearts of men is love for the man. Man love is a bond that can never be taken away.From the days of alexander the great in persia, to the WWII and Stalingrad, men ahve fought eachother but had the mutual respect of men. The love. But we fight anyway because twell we are not perfect.

On the other hand the robot doesn't feel this love. The robot will just act. And the evil men in power who do not do the fighting and thus lack the love of combat just command men to do his bidding. HIS WILL.

We try to turn men into this:

Very scary don't you THINK?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Force projection. The us has the ability to deploy a decent number of troops a fair distance from home and keep them supplied. Thats something unprecedented and something that many countries lack. 100.000 soldiers does not sound much when you look at WW II, where millions were fighting on the eastern front and the us was one large army of many on the western front, but if you can deploy and supply 100.000 soldiers and tanks and fighter aircraft and your opponent can not deploy anything close in return, then its a different story.

Now if you are talking about the US fighting China on its border or Russia, then its a different story, quite frankly, unless you factor in an air campaign unlike anything the world has seen yet, it would be a losing battle, unless Europe deploys millions of men in a ground war.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think they have HIGH space techs and other countries mentioned know this and stand off until they apprehend some high techs themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join