It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How powerful is the U.S. military? Are they underestimated?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinefan
Look scatsman we do do rapid deploymentswith full gear and weapons as for section attacks ...hawr...hawr we just did one on the pakistan border near the end of last year, and like i said but what your walnut sized brain cant seem to register or process we do go to altitudes at 11to15 thousand feet,we do that # ALL the damn time in Afghanistan the fact that you don't seem to realize is cuz youve got your head up some damn sheeps ass boy.

Love the insults boy, cant keep civil can you?
No no your not getting me, I said can you get up a hill that is 11 thousand feet high in a moments notice not wether or not you can fight there.

And when we send our boys out they get the job done it's just that the media doesn't give them any credit prefering instead to focus on the occasional foul up, and thus giving fodder to clueless crackers like you.

...Yeah and our lot dont get the job done?
I respect the USMC thier good but just as good as any other normal marine core.

And as for the USMC being based on the west coast WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING MORON,ARE YOU MIXING SOME MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES WITH YOUR WARM GOAT PISS.

Well you say your marines do it everyday, so that means the USMC is all in mountains, so that means you guys must be based of the west coast since there are no mountains on the east coast.

HELL KID GET DOWN FROM YOUR HIGHLAND HORSE PILE AND TELL IT TO THE MARINES WHO ARE FORWARD DEPLOYED IN IRAQ AFGHANISTAN THE PACIFIC AND ELSEWHERE, EVER HEAR OF THE MOUNTAIN WARFARE CENTER IN THE SIERRA NEVADA MOUNTAINS IN CALIFORNIA JACKASS THE USMC TRAINS THERE AS WELL AS ALASKA AND NORWAY AND ANYWAY WHATS YOUR GUIDE TO THE CORPS ANYWAY JANES DEFENSE WEEKLY, THE US FORCES IN THE QALA-I-JAHANGIR FORT MANAGED VERY WELL THEY DID NOT REPEAT NOT NEED A BUNCH OF PUBLICITY SEEKING HANGERS ON TRYING TO TAKE UNDUE CREDIT, GIVE ME SOME OTHER VERIFIABLE SOURCES OTHER THAN THE LIL'LIMEY GUTTER PRESS REGARDING THE CMOH

Tell what to the USMC, that I think my countries marines are better?
Ofcourse they are their comnado's the USMC is a large force to deal with large threats the RMC is there to kick ass on a smaller scale and perform comando roles.

BTW it isn't winter commiting disease its winter vomiting disease, the fact that you didn't find out about it was either because you didn't look hard enough or because your just plain stupid the latter is more likely, the blue on blue regarding the canadians has nothing to do with this you just brought it up for no reason, as far as heroic sacrifices go hmm.. why not just destroy the gear like any other sensible fighting force..instead of it falling into tango hands on or two anti tank missles on the land rovers would have done nicely-but oh yeah your lads probably forgot to bring any.

I still see no links to this disease.
Also stop the insults man, didnt you read the forum rules?
No I brought it up cause you are trying to soil the RMC's name, I'm showing you the USMC is just as bad and just as good as them.
Also can I ask would you have time to launch 2 anti-tank missiles (if you had any) while running away from a superier force?
Why not go ask force reacon what its like to work alone and in the field with no backup.

And as far as arming "terrorists" go HAH one of those so called terrorists is a guy called Hamid Karzai the current president of Afghanistan, get yourself an educfation kid it'll do wonders for you

...do you even know who was arming the terrorists when the russians attacked?

And oh yeah you say you don't like Anby McNabb well your writing and factchecking style seem to be a lot like his

Are you seriosly trying to compare me to andy mc twat?
If you are please give up now, andy mcnabn although I hate him for what he done has went through one of the worlds most grueling selection processes and served with one of the finests special operation groups of the world, this deserves respect.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Text

Oh i can't keep civil eh? damn rich coming from some clueless kid who has nothing better to do than sit behind a damn comp the whole day and who fancies himself an expert when he can't find something as obvious as winter vomiting disease even when the whole media on his rock went mad over it in 2002, has his facts even more screwed up than his head, i didn't intend to get steamed but damn son youre ignorance can drive god to drink. And i'm a boy eh? look kiddo you were born in 1988 i was born in 81 you porridge munching pansy so i know something more of life,plus the fact that i've got friends and family in the military,y'dig so i don't consider myself a pro cuz i play a bunch of video games all day.

Christ youre knowledge of the USMC is worse than youre knowledge of American geography.Ever hear of the blue ridge mountains or Appalachia,can i myself get to 11thousand feet or beyond no can you? i'm sure you can't either but hell at least i don't pretend, first of all haggis breath the RM ain't a corps it's a brigade with supporting elements(hell i know more about them than you) no surprises there, the USMC being stationed on the west coast man oh man you really are smoking something ever hear of camp lejuene in north carolina or quantico in virginia. And while we are on the subject of education it's ...

1. corps not core(want an argument fine but get your friggin spellings right)
2.there are a couple of placesoutside the west coast called Afghanistan and Iraq, where the USMC and other forces are engaged,as opposed to sitting on their asses like a bunch of REMF's(that's a limey specialty) in southern iraq
3.RM is not more elite..were did you get that idea from..some dumbassed book or the other ,or did you talk to some idiot in a highland pisshole who claimed to be a bootneck, tell a force recon marine he is less elite and he'll use his K-BAR to teach you a whole new recipe for haggis this time using youre entrails,tell it to a leatherneck part of a MEU(SOC) AND GOD HELP YOU .If you knew jack you would know that neither the RM nor the USMC debate about who is better cuz the bootnecks know that the USMC has seen far more action than they have in both Afghanistan and Iraq e.g. Falluja,Al Kut,Nasiriyah etc.
Give me the proof that i asked for about the CMOH (that's congressional medal of honor) being awarded to the SBS member.
Hell we've been marching all over the terrain in Afghanistan day to day at altitudes of 10 to 15 thousand feet if you didn't know then your ignorance is your own problem.

And no kid i'm not comparing you to Andy McNab that would be an insult to him, he has been there and done that, you are just another gum munching..video games playing sk8erboy kid who thinks he is hard cuz he plays doom or something, and to think i've agonized over the education system in the staes sheesh.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It all comes down to the the American Navy...thats right, The United States Navy........probably the deadliest combat force the earth has ever known.

Im talking fast attack sub's, boomers and surface groups

A force the Chinese hate and fear....a force that can blockade their coast, mine all their harbors or rain nuclear destruction on all their cities. The Russians have feared and respected the US Navy for decades and they still do.

The USN is what keeps the Chinese and Russians at bay....trust me on this one, their not afraid of our manpower, but our Navy gives their military planners nightmares. Control the seas and you control the world.

Maximu§

[edit on 5-3-2005 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As an additional i was never trying to soil the name of the RM they are warriors who have a good and proud history,while you on the other hand just continously show your ignorance by saying crap like the USMC are only based on the west coast and other such nonsense,and also show your cluelessness about U.S. operations in Afghanistan. Force reacon has not been put in the same position as the SBS cuz they know how to deal with such situations, which means they would destroy their own gear rather than let it fall in enemy hands and let it be used against their own side.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Oh i can't keep civil eh? damn rich coming from some clueless kid who has nothing better to do than sit behind a damn comp the whole day and who fancies himself an expert when he can't find something as obvious as winter vomiting disease even when the whole media on his rock went mad over it in 2002, has his facts even more screwed up than his head, i didn't intend to get steamed but damn son youre ignorance can drive god to drink. And i'm a boy eh? look kiddo you were born in 1988 i was born in 81 you porridge munching pansy so i know something more of life,plus the fact that i've got friends and family in the military,y'dig so i don't consider myself a pro cuz i play a bunch of video games all day.

...Ameigo every ay I'm at school not "playing some game".
No you dont seem to be able to keeo it civil since you are loseing the head at me.
I also have friends and relitives in the military, a very close one in RMC training.
I dont fancy myself an expert, have I seen combat?
No so I cant speak for that, have I got respect and a some knowledge about the military yes.
So what your 7 years my elder, like that makes any diffrence?
I know more about canoeing than a man who is 40 odds and has served more time in the military longer than I have existed.
Also my information may be screwed up on some parts but the majority of it is legit.
This winter vomiting disease you said affected a unit in afgahnistan, I see no evidence to support this.

Christ youre knowledge of the USMC is worse than youre knowledge of American geography.

Really?
Care to explain

Ever hear of the blue ridge mountains or Appalachia,can i myself get to 11thousand feet or beyond no can you?

No , I've never studied the entire geography or america but I know the majority of the hills are on the west side, so its fair to assume most 11000 plus hills are there yes no?
Also if I was given the chance then I would definately go for it.

i'm sure you can't either but hell at least i don't pretend,

I dont knnow if I can, never tried it.
But nethier do you

first of all haggis breath the RM ain't a corps it's a brigade with supporting elements(hell i know more about them than you) no surprises there,

Firstly I know this, 1 bridgade 3 comando splite into 3 companies 42,45 and HQ.
Secondly this is what RMC stands for ; Royal Marine Comando's

the USMC being stationed on the west coast man oh man you really are smoking something ever hear of camp lejuene in north carolina or quantico in virginia. And while we are on the subject of education it's ...

Yeah I also know many other staions like guantanamo.
I was reffering to what you said about your troops doing it everyday.

1. corps not core(want an argument fine but get your friggin spellings right)

I'm sorry that my spelling is not up to your maticulate as yours.

2.there are a couple of placesoutside the west coast called Afghanistan and Iraq, where the USMC and other forces are engaged,as opposed to sitting on their asses like a bunch of REMF's(that's a limey specialty) in southern iraq

Yes they are stationed there, you said "our troops" implying every troop.
Also the RMC's and BA,RAF,RN and TA operate globaly as well.

3.RM is not more elite..were did you get that idea from..some dumbassed book or the other ,or did you talk to some idiot in a highland pisshole who claimed to be a bootneck,

Actually I have 1 mate who earned his green beret and he talked to me about this, I also have another mate going for the green beret.
Also I do believe they are more elite since they are all comandos, even the clerksmen.

tell a force recon marine he is less elite and he'll use his K-BAR to teach you a whole new recipe for haggis this time using youre entrails,

Sure go tell a member of the SBS or mountain cadre that marines dont do anything but sit on thier asses all day and see what happens.

tell it to a leatherneck part of a MEU(SOC) AND GOD HELP YOU .

Same as before just replace SBS or mountain cadre with 45 or 42 cmdo

If you knew jack you would know that neither the RM nor the USMC debate about who is better cuz the bootnecks know that the USMC has seen far more action than they have in both Afghanistan and Iraq e.g. Falluja,Al Kut,Nasiriyah etc.

They dont debate it cause they know themselves who is better in which field, this is my opinon not the whole UK.
Unless your now the PM you cant stop me voiceing my opinion.
The RMC's has seen action across the world and probably just as much as the USMC.

Give me the proof that i asked for about the CMOH (that's congressional medal of honor) being awarded to the SBS member.

As I have said I am looking into it, but the media has manage to twist this in multiple diffrent directions.

Hell we've been marching all over the terrain in Afghanistan day to day at altitudes of 10 to 15 thousand feet if you didn't know then your ignorance is your own problem.

Yeah, same with us.

And no kid i'm not comparing you to Andy McNab that would be an insult to him,

Yes it would, are you always with insulting people who disagree with you?

he has been there and done that, you are just another gum munching..video games playing sk8erboy kid who thinks he is hard cuz he plays doom or something, and to think i've agonized over the education system in the staes sheesh.

Yeah he went there got his troops killed and survived himself.
Actually I think I know a bit more cause I have been on bases met people and have been through some of thier training.
I dont think I'm "hard" if I did I would be joining the argyles and going for the SAS or go to the comandos to see if I could get my Green beret.
Dont try and analyse me, people have tried before and failed.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Russia has never been afraid of USN for "Decades" as YOU say here is what YOUR Admiral had to say in 1989: I (Siberiantiger) was able to track down one specialized military publication, "Proceedings", 1989, XII, No. 1042, where on pages 119-122 an article by Norman Palmer, "Battling Against Torpedos", was published. In that article the author states that the American Navy is practically defenseless against Soviet torpedos of 650 mm. caliber. He cites one American admiral, who noted that the only means of defense is to put a frigate in the wake of an aircraft carrier to take the hit, thus sacrificing the less costly ship to save the more valuable one. Further on, the author lists the weaponry being developed by the American Navy against Soviet subs armed with these wonder-torpedos:

[edit on 5-3-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
First off you are screwing up your spellings esse it ain't keeeo it's need to know,hope you did better than this in your english classes at school i really feel sorry for your hard toiling teachers .
Most of your information is so out of whack that it's practically one big hoot,i am not questioning the combat proficiency of either the SBS or mountain cadre i unlike you know what i'm talking about,yeah so you go canoeing i go mountain climbing and trekking,and you really haven't disputed any of my points. The reason most people haven't tried to figure you out is cuz you are probably too laughable to them to be figured out, i'm older which means i'm wiser i check my facts and then post you'd do well to do the same

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So you don't think youre hard eh first sensible thing you've said and how can someone like you go through some of their traning when you are hardly qualified in any MOS, you have to do basic training first the forces in any country just don't let any civilian on to their base and do training unless they are proficient in some specialty, so what you are saying is just pure BS

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
SiberianTiger...your quote is 16 years old and Ive have been a subscriber to Proceedings since 1984. Please, Please don't take one article, written by one commander and try and tell me the Soviet ever was.....or is now, superior to the United States Navy.

The Northern Fleet, once the pride of the USSR is now more concerned with the storage of spent nuclear fuel than with its training and exercise programs, which are key to maintaining unit readiness and combat effectiveness.

Don't think Im flaming you, Im not....most Americans are ignorant of the United States Navy and its full capabilities. Did you read about the Navy ships that successfully tracked, intercepted and destroyed a ballistic missile in-fight last week? 4 outta 5 shots.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I did not say NOW 2005 Rus Navy is strong what I was trying to show is that statement you said about Rus being scared for "DECADES" was not true our NAVY in 1970-1991 was just as powerful if not more than U.S. now 1991-2005 yes your navy is WWWWAAAAYYYY more powerful than ours, and I have said that numerous times on different threads. (So don't think I'm just now "03/05/2005 saying it.)

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

First off you are screwing up your spellings esse it ain't keeeo it's need to know,hope you did better than this in your english classes at school i really feel sorry for your hard toiling teachers .

Sorry If my spelling decreases due to the speed I am writeing at.

Most of your information is so out of whack that it's practically one big hoot

Really?

,i am not questioning the combat proficiency of either the SBS or mountain cadre i unlike you know what i'm talking about,yeah so you go canoeing i go mountain climbing and trekking,and you really haven't disputed any of my points.

How have I not, you are questioning the combat ability and proficiency of the SBS and mountain cadre, wasnt it you who quoted the "shaky boat service" quote?
I do a bit more than canoeing and mountain climbing and trekking.

The reason most people haven't tried to figure you out is cuz you are probably too laughable to them to be figured out, i'm older which means i'm wiser i check my facts and then post you'd do well to do the same

I check my facts to, also you say your wiser, wiser to what?
Are you as wise as say a special forces operative?
Are you as wise as a martial arts expert?
Also People have tried to analyse me , for the purpose of trying to debunk everything I do or say.
Also how is it laughable to call a marine core good?

So you don't think youre hard eh first sensible thing you've said and how can someone like you go through some of their traning when you are hardly qualified in any MOS,

Lets see, SBS operatives become proficient in kayacking and canoeing to a high level I have done some of this and it is hard.
Also forces get trained in weapon training I have done some of this, not to the same level but I have done some of it.
I also have also done boat handling training on high speed raiding boats, like most boat forces, not to the same level ofcourse.
They dont let us go right up to tankers or anything.

you have to do basic training first the forces in any country just don't let any civilian on to their base and do training unless they are proficient in some specialty, so what you are saying is just pure BS

You need to learn other things in the military apart from running, shooting and marching.
No they dont but I have done the training as specified above and can provide proof if you want.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ahhh, Your Russian I presume? I can see your being defensive about your Soviet Navy from 1970-1991...well, the USSR did truly make a blue-water fleet that was close, but never superior to the USN.

-Were Soviet Aircraft carriers superior to the USN?......No they were not.

-Were Soviet submarines superior to the USN?.......No Im sorry they were not.

-Were Soviet Destroyers and Frigates superior to the USN?....Nope.

-Did the Soviets train and educate their sailors more than the USN?....No, they sure did'nt.

Now, look what its cost them....a broken fleet rusting on the docks and a ill trained navy thats not even close to being prepared for combat operations. If you are Russian Siberian Tiger, your heart should swell with pride that your Soviet Navy got as strong as it did....it was a respectful fighting force that tied up our Navy for 20 years!!

My original point here, was that the United States Navy is under-estimated by most civilians, but the Russian and the Chinese admirals know the score.....and yeah they hate and fear the United States Navy, more than any other US fighting force. To them our Navy is a multi-headed "Hyda" thats can strike from all directions and make their lives a living hell.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Siberian -

What you seem to forget is that numbers aren't everything in modern warfare. The U.S. has superior technology, which will, believe me, quickly even the odds.

Other than that, in the event of a true threat to American culture, (ie an invasion) The U.S. has 291 Million soldiers.

-wD

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Siberian -

What you seem to forget is that numbers aren't everything in modern warfare. The U.S. has superior technology, which will, believe me, quickly even the odds.

If I give you one X-M8 rilfe and get you to face off against say 50 guys with AK-47's, you shuld have the tech advantage right?
Sorry but no, even with tech numbers still make up a large part of the forces.
Why do you think the US military is so big?

Other than that, in the event of a true threat to American culture, (ie an invasion) The U.S. has 291 Million soldiers.
-wD

You cant train 291 million soldiers in a few weeks.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
If I give you one X-M8 rilfe and get you to face off against say 50 guys with AK-47's, you shuld have the tech advantage right?
Sorry but no, even with tech numbers still make up a large part of the forces.
Why do you think the US military is so big?

No, but the U.S. wouldn't put themselves into a situation like that. They use technology against numbers without risking soldiers' lives.

You cant train 291 million soldiers in a few weeks.

You also can't adequately train soldiers when your government has no money and if the soldiers aren't motivated to fight.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Our Navy had and has tech too kid, we were the FIRST to put Advanced Sonar and= MRI Imaging on our SUBS back in the 70's so don't believe these reports about our sub tech was old/ AKLULA is qieter than LOS AMGELES Class your SeaWolf is now 2005 the most advanced in the world, but don't worry I'm sure we got something for that.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Our Navy had and has tech too kid, we were the FIRST to put Advanced Sonar and= MRI Imaging on our SUBS back in the 70's so don't believe these reports about our sub tech was old/ AKLULA is qieter than LOS AMGELES Class your SeaWolf is now 2005 the most advanced in the world, but don't worry I'm sure we got something for that.

LOL, you got quite a sense of humor there Siberian Tiger.... Look, Im not sure what propaganda you've been fed from the Motherland, but the Akula was as quiet as the 1st flight 688's, but not the final 23 hulls known as the 688I. Soviet sonar was never as advanced as the Americans, but Im sure whatever I point out won't matter...Im done arguing with you.

Наслаждайтесь вашим Товарищем фантазии

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by slink
No, but the U.S. wouldn't put themselves into a situation like that. They use technology against numbers without risking soldiers' lives.

Sorry mate, if your in the military your already at risk.
Besides russia's tech is pretty advanced as well.
And there has been situations like the one I described happen lately.

You also can't adequately train soldiers when your government has no money and if the soldiers aren't motivated to fight.

Russia has money, not a big ammount but some.
They would be motivevated if attacked, russians are very good fighters.
They have always been proud and patriotic some one tries to come onto russia land they will fight with every fibre in thier bone.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Sorry If my spelling decreases due to the speed I am writeing at.

Most of your information is so out of whack that it's practically one big hoot

Really?

,i am not questioning the combat proficiency of either the SBS or mountain cadre i unlike you know what i'm talking about,yeah so you go canoeing i go mountain climbing and trekking,and you really haven't disputed any of my points.

How have I not, you are questioning the combat ability and proficiency of the SBS and mountain cadre, wasnt it you who quoted the "shaky boat service" quote?
I do a bit more than canoeing and mountain climbing and trekking.

The reason most people haven't tried to figure you out is cuz you are probably too laughable to them to be figured out, i'm older which means i'm wiser i check my facts and then post you'd do well to do the same

I check my facts to, also you say your wiser, wiser to what?
Are you as wise as say a special forces operative?
Are you as wise as a martial arts expert?
Also People have tried to analyse me , for the purpose of trying to debunk everything I do or say.
Also how is it laughable to call a marine core good?

So you don't think youre hard eh first sensible thing you've said and how can someone like you go through some of their traning when you are hardly qualified in any MOS,

Lets see, SBS operatives become proficient in kayacking and canoeing to a high level I have done some of this and it is hard.
Also forces get trained in weapon training I have done some of this, not to the same level but I have done some of it.
I also have also done boat handling training on high speed raiding boats, like most boat forces, not to the same level ofcourse.
They dont let us go right up to tankers or anything.

you have to do basic training first the forces in any country just don't let any civilian on to their base and do training unless they are proficient in some specialty, so what you are saying is just pure BS

You need to learn other things in the military apart from running, shooting and marching.
No they dont but I have done the training as specified above and can provide proof if you want.

Hell yeah laddy i want proof of that horse# let's see you give it,Any SBS or commanchio, mountain leader trooper would be too damn embarrased to have anything to do with you.
BTW pinata brain no i'm not wiser than a commando,or martial arts expert(see it is possible to type in the correct spellings, if you would just try) but then again i don't have to be one to know that you are a just a nother laughable kid full of crap what do you talk crap like this to get girls at school, or try to impress your classmates so they don't whupp your ass on the playground or after school

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
As for going through the training of the SBS yeah kayaking, and canoeing are important but before that you have to learn how to march drill,strip and clean weapons,marksmanship and the like the fact that you've discounted these shows you are babbling nonsense ...run along it's past youre bedtime.Man they really do breed pansies and pinatas wholesale in haggis country don't they.And as for the russkies being good fighters how do you know watched enemy at the gates for the thousandth time, the finns, chechens, afghans would beg to disagree

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join