It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China legislators voted in favor to rid of term limits for presidency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

1. You can’t bring a phone or a electronic device in a classified meeting in america either.

2. Trump owns 7 homes

8$/hour x 40 = 320$ a week = 1280$ a month

edit on 12-3-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

I made no mention of Trump with relation to this conversation about Chinese gov't corruption. The number of houses he has is not pertinent.

But if you want to go there -

Trump has a documented history as a businessman who is successful thereby providing him with funds for 7 houses.

Xi has worked for state owned companies under the CCP's control for his entire career while he wasn't serving in official gov't positions. In these state companies he made much less than his counterparts in the private sector would be making. Basically the 11k RMB he makes a month is probably the highest paid he has ever been in any capacity. No way he could afford houses than run into the millions of RMB each.

Moving along -

The People's Congress is not a classified meeting, the press is allowed to attend and parts of it are shown on national TV. It's a governmental meeting much like when the US congress is in session.

Please check your anti-Trumpism at the door when discussing the topic at hand, which is China.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

You didn’t make mention of trump, you made a mention of China’s president and I made a comparison of America’s president.

I’m not anti trump, I didn’t even say there was anything wrong with him owning homes, you just assumed that, and you brought up presidents, so I compared 2 presidents.

Apparently you feel that trump owning homes is a negative thing since you took it in a negative manner.
edit on 13-3-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

agreed

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Just to clarify I’m not pro-China or dictatorships and I’m certainly not anti-American and democracy, I just feel that we are currently in a place where we have enough of our problems to claim the moral high ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join