It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American elections are stupid. . . Americans are stupid. . .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Totally agree, and I think there should be strict limits on funding, too. 5 mil for campaigning. regardless of party. That's all you get and are allowed to bank your ass-kissing on. If you can't manage to get your message & bullet point list out on that, tough s#, you suck at campaign financial planning.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: The GUT

If I started in on British elections people would call me names, then I'd get sad and have to eat ice cream.

How many scoops, DB? What kind of a person are you??!!

2 scoops.

(don't hate me)

2 scoops of sugar-free, fat-free ice cream. You're still on a diet, DB. Your wife has us all keeping you on track

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because there is a small break in between elections and the brainwashing may have worn off. That's what happens when you're stupid.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

They're supposed to say "Eat mor chikin".

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Why 5 million?

Why not 50 grand.

That's enough to get the message out.

AND! It'll allow more regular slobs the opportunity to run, not just some prancy show pony that the party picks.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Why 5 million?

Why not 50 grand.

That's enough to get the message out.

AND! It'll allow more regular slobs the opportunity to run, not just some prancy show pony that the party picks.

Yeah, either way, they throw way too much money at advertising. THAT needs to be capped, too. Not just the amount they spend on making ads, but the amount charged to air/print them.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Elections are an industry, For the media, printers, www, blogers, trinket mfg's, hats, tshirts. It's capitalism pure and simple and we don't need no commie scum ****in with our livelyhood. It's free enterprise and no one is forcing you to buy anything and that includes the clowns running for office.
I just finished a gig with the Dem.Party as a media person for their pre, primary convention. 2016 I worked for the GOP. Union proud, Union Strong.

Learn the basics of production and join us. Plenty of high paying jobs available and we need desperately personnel behind the camera but no mooks need apply; you know who you are!!

www.indeed.com...
edit on 11-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
4 scoops. any less and you're doing it wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm only cynical because the world is stupid.

Interesting how many people exempt themselves from that.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I saw that statement as something of a double edge sword actually.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Me Canada, very smart. The best.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Perfect thread for this.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I wish the lobbyists to be put on blast. A camera assigned to each one of them with a caption of who they are, who they work for, and purpose for the visit. All visits to reps and senators should be televised and streamed on as many channels or feeds as necessary. The career politicians are there by the grace of the lobbyists and it needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It'll allow more regular slobs the opportunity to run, not just some prancy show pony that the party picks.

So the hidden message here is you want to run for President and you only have enough money to post on Facebook? "Vote for me, I'm not as stupid as the other candidates"

I like it.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

and the icing on the cake?....yesterday, during his most epic rant yet, Trump said Mad Max is extra-stupid and he's surrounded by sons-a-bitches and sleepy-eyed freaks.

I am now waiting for Trump to lead the military parade riding a Chopper and wielding a gun.

Electrolytes - plants crave that sh!t.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

If I started in on British elections people would call me names, then I'd get sad and have to eat ice cream.

How many scoops, DB? What kind of a person are you??!!

Ummm...why...one more than everybody else...

Isn't that the standard...?

Then we get to throw tantrums in his general direction...and...and call him really bad names...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ummm...That's just...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
(rant continued. . . . )

How many times must we hear the same message?

The media talks about undecided voters. Who the #### is still "undecided" after months or years of hearing the same g-damned message?

If, after a year of hearing, you are still "undecided" then you are really stupid!

I think the media makes up the undecided voters in order to propagate the money-machine for elections.

You think one way and the candidate thinks the same? Then vote for the bastard!

You think a way different than the candidate? Then don't vote for him/her.

JESUS!

We make our elections complicated and convoluted on purpose so that everyone running can cash in on stupid people giving money.

Like my "dollar" will help clarify the same message we've been hearing for months?

BULL!

My dollar would go to the "Hooker-paying-fund" or the "I-want-a-jet-ski-fund" or the "I-just-want-bling-fund".

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yes, American are quite stupid. They elected current POSOTUS.

Also, they largely cannot form opinions for themselves, but rely on people (pundits) to form said opinions for them, which they then parrot. That applies to both sides of the spectrum.

People are stupid, and they cannot think for themselves.

Why does it take months to campaign when electronic media can get the message around the world in seconds?

Because Americans are stupid.

Not everyone has access to, or uses, electronic media on the scale others do. Also, some voters are undecided up until voting day. That's why there are continued campaigns, to sway the undecided, which can make or break an election.

And yes, people are stupid. Being willingly led to slaughter.
edit on 11-3-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

(rant continued. . . . )

How many times must we hear the same message?

The media talks about undecided voters. Who the #### is still "undecided" after months or years of hearing the same g-damned message?

If, after a year of hearing, you are still "undecided" then you are really stupid!

I think the media makes up the undecided voters in order to propagate the money-machine for elections.

You think one way and the candidate thinks the same? Then vote for the bastard!

You think a way different than the candidate? Then don't vote for him/her.

JESUS!

We make our elections complicated and convoluted on purpose so that everyone running can cash in on stupid people giving money.

Like my "dollar" will help clarify the same message we've been hearing for months?

BULL!

My dollar would go to the "Hooker-paying-fund" or the "I-want-a-jet-ski-fund" or the "I-just-want-bling-fund".

Well- you know- undecided which one of the thieving, lying bastiches will make the backstabbing and robbery least painful.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

After having taken my statistics class in college that touched on different voting methods from different countries, I came to the conclusion that the way that Australia does (or, at least did back in the early 2000s) is the best to actually allow every vote to count.

As for the length of political campaigns--repetition matters in brainwashing, especially in young voters. It's funny that you think that the average voter actually cares about the issues.

In America, the candidates should campaign for one day, just with their name and the letter of their party next to it--that would convince probably 70% of actual voters, since most seem to vote along party lines at the ballot.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join