It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next terrorist attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As we all know, not long after the 9/11 tragedy the US declared a "war on terror" and subsequently went to war with two nations, afghanistan and iraq. Exactly how these wars have moved them any closer to winning this war on terror beats me.
Now if theyre to keep this war on terrorism going there will obviously have to be more terrorist attacks in the US or other western nations to add more fuel to the fire so to speak. After all the terror alerts and media hype it seems the whole world is waiting in anticipation for the next major attack. Also its obvious now that Iran is next on Bush's agenda, but will he be able to wage his next war without their first being a terrorist attack to send his citizens scurrying back behind their setee's, awaiting their dose of patriotic xenophobia and spoon- fed opinions from the tube.

My guess is that there will be another major terrorist attack within the next few months and the effects of this will be devistating for us all. If anyone can speculate otherwise i'd be glad to hear their opinions.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Not necessarily so. Another video of Osama promising blood running thru the streets in the USA will have a good impact on the sheep. Its worked everytime.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i think that the bomb that went off in spain on 3/11 was their attempt at a major terrorist attack in Europe to show the europeans that they aren't safe either...unfortunatley it backfired and after this, spain withdrew from Iraq....

i'm sure they have something cooking and its only a matter of time before something else happens in either america or western europe

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yes but theres been loads of these Osama vids released in the past few years. How many can they use before the effect wears off? I'm guessing there'll have to be something bigger than a video for the bush administration to be able to advance it's agenda.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ungoliath
i think that the bomb that went off in spain on 3/11 was their attempt at a major terrorist attack in Europe to show the europeans that they aren't safe either...unfortunatley it backfired and after this, spain withdrew from Iraq....

i'm sure they have something cooking and its only a matter of time before something else happens in either america or western europe

So your trying to say the US was behind the bombing in Spain? I would really like to see the evidence you have to suggest this.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ungoliath

Good point, although i think that attack was timed to happen days before the spanish elections with the intention of getting them to withdraw. I dont think the same effect would occur in the US or UK. A terrorist attack would probably help blair if he still wants to side with bush in the next war.
telegraph.co.uk

[edit on 16-2-2005 by lost_soul]

*Added Url Tag

[edit on 17-2-2005 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
www.newsgateway.ca...

heres a link on some info regarding the attack....my opinion is that the attack was defintly connected to America is one form or another

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well if thats all the evidence its not very convincing and a rather weak case, But hey your entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it might be.

In some peoples opinion Elvis is still alive living with aliens but it dont make it true.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Obviously another attack WILL occur somewhere during this year.When was the last time you heard of any attacks on American soil.I believe the next attack will happen but it won't be such a devastating one unlike 9/11.I mean they'd hit the WTC and that was the single most deadly blow that they could ever did.Where else is as vital to U.S as their economy?I don't have any other idea.

Whitehouse?Nah,it'll be a hard target to hit.

Wall Street?Could be but I doubt it.

Military Installations?Tell them to try Area 51

I have absolutely no idea where they're going to strike next.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_soul
Exactly how these wars have moved them any
closer to winning this war on terror beats me.

Here's some info on how going into Afghanistan and Iraq
have helped. Also, we disrupted the terrorists and took
out most of the big players. We got rid of the terrorist
training camps in Afghanistan and Iraq. We stopped
Saddam from sending his $$$ to Palestinian homicide
bombers families. Saddam also was funding international
terrorism through Syria.

Don't forget, we have brought FREEDOM. Freedom means
more food, medicine, and mostly - EDUCATION. Education
is the biggest threat terrorism has. The more the people
are educated in Afghanistan and Iraq, the better their lifes
will be and the less they'll listen to the idiocy of the terrorists
or the religious extremists.

There is more, but I'm sure this will stuff your head for a while ...

www.lifeandliberty.gov...
www.tokyo.usembassy.gov...
www.whitehouse.gov...
www.whitehouse.gov...
www.defense.gov...
www.nd.edu...
www.usinfo.org... topical/pol/terror/factshts.htm

Here's a goodie .... this is from four years ago, but it shows
you what terrorism WAS happening in Afghanistan at that
time. This terrorism by the taliban has ended because we
went in -

usinfo.org...

[edit on 2/17/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
this is in reply to the openning post:

whatever happened to FACTS?

it seems too many people in this country and abroad have been relying too heavily on conjecture. at least that's MY opinion.

i think if, for one day, nothing but the facts was disseminated across the country, across the globe, nothing but the facts, no maybes, no conjecture, no opinions, nothing but the hard, proven facts about every situation on the planet, not worded to be misunderstood, plain and simple facts, i think everyone here would be greatly and utterly disappointed. i think it could end wars. i think it might start new ones, though. just one day, nothing but facts. but then, who would believe them?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Well if thats all the evidence its not very convincing and a rather weak case, But hey your entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it might be.

In some peoples opinion Elvis is still alive living with aliens but it dont make it true.

i never said i have hard evidence that absolutelty proves there was a cover up regarding the attack...i just said that that there are fishy details such as

The Spanish investigation has revealed that two individuals involved in allegedly supplying explosives to the alleged 3/11 Madrid terrorists were police informers.

and

Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero contended Monday that the government of his predecessor erased all of the presidential records related to the March 11 train bombings before leaving office in April.

just some weird deiscrepiences....and these are usually the signs of a coverup

top topics

join