It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are gods and we are Worthy of Pleasure

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

your description sounds like it would be rather boring to god after the first few eons. if He is the only one defining the creation, there isn't any chance that something new to him will ever be created, those parts of him that has been hidden from him will not come out. What would be the reason for his experiences and expressions?
where as if one of his first creations were endowed with some creative power themselves, given some amount of free will and sent out to create, with the possibility that some of their creations can advance and become creators themselves... then free will and chance is brought into the picture, new experiences can come, and maybe new knowledge. or has God reached his fullest potential, he cannot reach any higher for perfection, there is no knowledge that he doesn't have full understanding of?

mainly though, I just wrote what I thought about the issue in an attempt to dismiss the idea that any of us can be so sure of what we think is true that they should be claiming their ideas as 100% true and everyone should accept it or risk hell and damnation or worse, start wars on behalf of your god.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

Noted the normal replies here and like what you wrote and agree. Others have reacted when I have said the same with similar come backs.

However, to say what needs said is not an ego thing, it is humble, we are admitting and giving away our ego, giving away our identity and our beliefs, taking responsibility for ourselves and our destiny as well as that which we do that effects others, it is on our creative shoulders. I have seen my soul and it is less than the source, yet a sacred thing and a part of the source, it is an extension. But then being in this monkey body I have little truth as do those whom think they KNOW!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

Noted the normal replies here and like what you wrote and agree. Others have reacted when I have said the same with similar come backs.

However, to say what needs said is not an ego thing, it is humble, we are admitting and giving away our ego, giving away our identity and our beliefs, taking responsibility for ourselves and our destiny as well as that which we do that effects others, it is on our creative shoulders. I have seen my soul and it is less than the source, yet a sacred thing and a part of the source, it is an extension. But then being in this monkey body I have little truth as do those whom think they KNOW!

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EricWise
Satan teaches you all of that.

We are all humans, we all come from one human. That is what the Bible teaches. His name was Adam. Even his wife, Eve, came from Adam's rib. So all humankind comes from one human. In God's eye there is no distinction. Only in yours.

The man and the woman are equal in God's eyes. But God put man as the head of the woman. Would the woman subject herself as the angles should to God? Again this is Satanic garbage. Satan is the one who wanted to usurp God's headship. Notice, he never challenged Jehovah's power.

You are all taught many false things by your father. He is on the wrong side of things.

Why not look for the one that loves you and is your real father.

Maybe Satan was the one who taught You, That? How would you have any way of knowing?

Don't give me that "I can feel the Truth in my heart" crap. EVERYONE can feel their Own Seperate Truth in their Own Seperate Heart. Why is your special heart feeling more valid than some other person who says and believes the opposite of you?

Don't tell me Jesus came to you and revealed the truth to you, either, because you don't even know what Jesus looks like.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Some propagandists play on pride. ... A reverse appeal to pride plays on our fear of seeming stupid. Professionals in persuasion are well aware of that.
This communications revolution has led to information overload, as people are inundated by countless messages from every quarter. Many respond to this pressure by absorbing messages more quickly and accepting them without questioning or analyzing them.

The cunning propagandist loves such shortcuts—especially those that short-circuit rational thought. Propaganda encourages this by agitating the emotions, by exploiting insecurities, by capitalizing on the ambiguity of language, and by bending rules of logic. As history bears out, such tactics can prove all too effective.
Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.

Source: The Manipulation of Information: Awake!—2000

‘Clothe Yourselves With Lowliness of Mind’

Humility involves freedom from pride or conceit. The Scriptures use the expression “lowliness of mind” to describe it. (Ephesians 4:2) A humble mind-set results from a realistic assessment of ourselves​—our strengths and weaknesses, our successes and failures. Paul gave fine counsel in this regard when he wrote: “I tell everyone there among you not to think more of himself than it is necessary to think; but to think so as to have a sound mind.” (Romans 12:3) Any who follow that counsel are showing humility.

Humility is also manifested when we sincerely place the interests of others above our own. Under inspiration, Paul admonished Christians: “[Do] nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with lowliness of mind considering that the others are superior to you.” (Philippians 2:3)
Lack of humility has caused much confusion and strife between groups of people and between individuals. On the other hand, being humble yields positive results.
“Pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling,” warns the Bible. (Proverbs 16:18)

2 Timothy 3:1-5,7

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.
7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Roots of Injustice: Awake!—2012

NEARLY two thousand years ago, the Bible set out a remarkably accurate social profile of our time. It stated: “In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, . . . unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, . . . without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God.”​—2 Timothy 3:1-4.

Few would deny that those negative traits have become more common in our time. They become manifest in many ways, including greed, prejudice, antisocial attitudes, corruption, and extreme financial inequality. Consider these individually.

GREED. “Greed is healthy” and “Greed is good” are catchphrases we may sometimes hear. But they are lies. Greed hurts! For example, greed often underlies accounting fraud, Ponzi schemes, and reckless lending and borrowing. The results, such as financial collapse, have hurt many people. Granted, some of the victims are greedy themselves. But their number also includes hardworking people, some of whom have lost homes and pensions.

Being lovers of pleasures also connects to greed and pride again (for example, people become greedy to satisfy their love of pleasures). And the accompanying arrogance demonstrated in the statement "we are gods".

The presentation below also uses an interesting definition for "materialism" shortly after 0:53:

edit on 26-3-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
a reply to: EricWise

Slavery means being forced to do what someone else tells you to do or they will hurt you.

Freedom means being free to do what makes you happy.

Between brackets is mine:

Well, we must keep in mind that there are many types of slavery. We [you] have already discussed one of the most vicious types, wherein the strong enslave the weak by force and violence. But consider some other forms of slavery.

People can enslave themselves to various addictions that prove extremely difficult to escape. And people can be enslaved by lies and deception, fooled into a life of subjugation to false teachings [such as "we are gods"]. Most insidious of all, there is a type of slavery that afflicts each one of us​—whether we know it or not—​and its effects are lethal. However, it must be emphasized that although we are grouping together several forms of bondage in this discussion, we are in no way equating them. They differ widely. Still, there is an important common thread. In the long run, the God of freedom will see to it that the burden of all these forms of slavery will be lifted from mankind.

When Addictions Enslave
“The Truth Will Set You Free”

What about enslavement to lies and deception? Jesus Christ assures us that freedom from such is possible. “If you remain in my word,” he said, “you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31, 32) At the time he spoke, many of his listeners were enslaved to a rigid code of Pharisaic tradition. In fact, Jesus said of the religious leaders of his day: “They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger.” (Matthew 23:4) Jesus’ teachings freed people from such bondage. He exposed religious lies for what they were, even identifying their source. (John 8:44) And he replaced the lies with the truth, revealing clearly God’s reasonable requirements for mankind.​—Matthew 11:28-30.

Like Jesus’ disciples, thousands of people today are finding that with God’s help they can break free from the religious lies and false traditions that have enslaved them. After learning the refreshing truths of the Bible, they find themselves free from oppressive fear of the dead, free from terror of eternal torment in a fiery hell, and free from pressure to pay hard-earned money for religious services performed by clerics who claim to represent Christ​—the one who said: “You received free, give free.” (Matthew 10:8) Moreover, an even greater freedom is near at hand.

The Most Insidious Slavery

Notice how Jesus described an insidious form of slavery, mentioned earlier, that affects every man, woman, and child on earth: “Most truly I say to you, Every doer of sin is a slave of sin.” (John 8:34)

Source: When Slavery Will End! Awake!—2002

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join