It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Military Flu Shots have different strengths?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Funny thing:

I was in Navy Basic Training in 1987. We were told that we were the guinea pigs for a "new" flu shot. So I only got the flu shot once in my life. Now, my whole family can get the flu, running to the bathroom throwing up, and all I get is Diarrhea and maybe a Fever. I don't ever throw up. The only two times I've thrown up in the last 25 years I'm pretty sure has been from food. And hasn't coincided with a Fever or Diarrhea.

Because of this, I've suspected that the flu shots given to Sevicemen/women is a broader spectrum vaccine.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
edit on 10-3-2018 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I had H1N1 years back and didn't throw up once.

I also didn't throw up during two pregnancies and I can't remember the last time I actually did throw up...

I've never recieved a flu shot. Maybe some of us just aren't prone to vomiting?

..oooor you're a science experiment... dun dun duuuunnn.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Funny thing:

I was in Navy Basic Training in 1987. We were told that we were the guinea pigs for a "new" flu shot. So I only got the flu shot once in my life. Now, my whole family can get the flu, running to the bathroom throwing up, and all I get is Diarrhea and maybe a Fever. I don't ever throw up. The only two times I've thrown up in the last 25 years I'm pretty sure has been from food. And hasn't coincided with a Fever or Diarrhea.

Because of this, I've suspected that the flu shots given to Sevicemen/women is a broader spectrum vaccine.

I don’t know about different “strengths/broader spectrum” inoculations used by the military, but, I do know that the military and the VA both acknowledge a higher incidence of ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), also known as “Lou Gherig’s” disease occurring among service members.

The prevalence is is significant enough that veterans diagnosed with ALS, and their surviving spouses are eligible for a financial benefit from a dedicated fund.

Since there is currently no know “cause” for ALS, and since the increased susceptibility to the disease among service members has not been tied to any specific specialty or theater, the only obvious commonality among all members is the vaccinations they have all received.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
..oooor you're a science experiment... dun dun duuuunnn.

Technically it was an experiment.

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I don’t know about different “strengths/broader spectrum” inoculations used by the military, but, I do know that the military and the VA both acknowledge a higher incidence of ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), also known as “Lou Gherig’s” disease occurring among service members.

I hadn't heard that. There's been a lot of people that ended up with ALS after working for the local Quantum Chemical. I'd bet if they correlated the different things they were all exposed to, they would figure it out.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The same military who acknowledges a vaccination against small pox... but the civilian population has to wait until half of us are dead before we can get inoculated.

Yeah...

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I remember in 2009 when the pig flu was going around. Our who boat caught it. Then when we got back 2 weeks later they had us all get a pig flu vaccine. Which makes no sense at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

How do you attribute your immunity to the flu shot the military gave you, way back?

More likely your own immune system is stronger, especially since vaccines expire over time.

Now compare your overall health and habits to theirs and see what you come up with. Diet and exercise are the biggest factors. We are what we eat.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I remember in 2009 when the pig flu was going around. Our who boat caught it. Then when we got back 2 weeks later they had us all get a pig flu vaccine. Which makes no sense at all.

Or where they objecting you with something else...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Funny thing:

No experience personally, but Medical practical knowledge.

Soldiers were always tested (subjected) with varying degrees of strength doses for observable effects and reactions: mega doses, min-ute doses, placebo doses.

Sounds as tho if yours wasn't a placebo, it may have been a mega. But... As a fake-placebo.. It too could've been water and your reaction now-years later is based on what you BELIEVE you've had.

That's the nature of the placebo effect..

Best, MS. EMT/ERT

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
"Military flu shots" are the same as the ones everyone else gets.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Being in the military for 28 years and still traveling with them I think I have had every vaccine known to man number of time over.

The latest I heard was that Yellow Fever is no longer every 10 years, one shot is good for life. Now after I have had it 4 times I'm like geez...that was always a nasty shot.
edit on 11-3-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Anthrax sucks. Everyone always prays to be chemically immune after the second shot.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Anthrax sucks. Everyone always prays to be chemically immune after the second shot.

Been awhile since I had a booster of that one but ya it was a string of shots over a long period of time. The funny one is rabies where you get 3 shots over 3 weeks and it doesn't stop the need to the rabies shots if you get it. I was like what the hell, but then looking at rabies it is one of the few that is basically 100% fatal if not treated within 6 days.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Basic for myself in the Air Force was 1993.

I swear I never got sick my entire enlistment and for 6 years after I discharged, I was 'bulletproof'.

I don't know exactly what they shot me up with, but it had some strength for sure..... longevity too.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Short answer ... No. Doesn't work like that.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Great Lakes Naval Training Center in 1989 myself, and I have had similar results. Don't recall if we were told if it was experimental or not, but they did tell us the flu was really bad that year.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Every now and then I hear stories like this. I myself former military have had some thoughts on this as well. Anyone ever get this little white pill ? Came in silver foil packet with a lot number on it ; kind of like the packaging from an Alla-Seltzer. Maybe it was a super dose of experimental Tami-Flu ? ( this was in the 1980's )

I had the flu and was given a little white pill about the size of a clairton. I was in a cretin unit that required us to be anywhere in world within x-amount of hours. The unit had a mission handed down but I got the flu and was not going any place so I thought. Was given this small white pill which I never seen or heard of before. Was told by the medical aid person in charge which was a U.S Army Major MD. 'This will make you sleepy but you will feel much better; call me when you wake up." I asked" what is it " ? That little pill put me out for a good 6-7 hours when I woke up no chills, no sweats, no fever, just felt fantastic; grabbed my flight gear and was all ready to go. The MD never told me what that pill was. I was also given the same for a very, very bad cold same results different mission. fell asleep , woke up 6 hours felt great.

I swear to this day the military very might likely have a cure for the flu and the common cold. but only for mission critical applications with-in specified military units, I suppose.. but in this day and age I would never take a pill again from any MD with out knowing what it was and its effects.

To this day every time a get a very bad cold I always think of that little white pill. As bad as this last flue season was I never got the flu, not even from people standing next me that I knew had it. Never got it once, not to mention lots of other times as well.

edit on 21-4-2018 by SJE98 because: content

edit on 21-4-2018 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I was stationed at Ft. Detrick, Md. for 3 years...

Home of U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID).

I always doubted that the flu shots we had to take were really flu shots.....

Still waiting on that letter from VA saying....If you were stationed at Ft. Detrick from xxx to xxx...please report to your nearest VA clinic....

top topics

join