It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chairman Nunes Reveals Fusion GPS Connection to Obama White House…

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

The contractors would be accessories to the crime. Duh.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Right because now all non lefties are Russian operatives. Their "predictions" of the election went a bit further than what you state. Roll the footage at the sorrow induced comas after Trump won. Did you see all that? Understand the vested interest in getting HRC in no matter what crimes were committed. Sad.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This can't be true.

MSM told me that Obama is the only scandal free President ever!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Expression, right that thing you leftest are trying to suppress in the media, social networks, colleges, classrooms K-12, work place, and anywhere you can figure out how to spew the hate deep inside that you have against our country and way of life. Tone so hollow even you might detect that once read aloud your statement simply doesn't ring true.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: The GUT

The deeper this rabbit hole goes, the more extreme the Obama supporters will become in their defensive tactics.

Personally, I'm waiting for someone to start babbling in baby-talk. Should be interesting.

TheRedneck

Really? I see this as desperation on Nunes' part to the extreme. There is literally no wrong doing pointed out in the OP.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

Well you are making that more probable by your apparent belief systems, but conservatives are more fact based than emoting lefties. In the balance, you're wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: moyeti
a reply to: donnydeevil

Well you are making that more probable by your apparent belief systems, but conservatives are more fact based than emoting lefties. In the balance, you're wrong.

I love the irony in blanket labeling a group of people while saying that your side is more "fact based".

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, if Chairman Nunes says so, then that's all I need to hear. He's just so trustworthy, isn't he? No, he isn't. He's a lying weasel whose been humiliated several times already as he's revealed his complete lack of ethics, morality and decorum. So he's perfect for Trump.

Trump is Trash !
Worst. 'president' EVER !!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It isn't blanket. There have been studies, white papers and countless research on it. Truth sucks if it doesn't square with your beliefs, eh?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It may be desperation.

But the fact is, the mentioned connections are there. It doesn't mean anything, other than it may need investigating given the broad conspiracy that seems to have taken place.

Typically I would laugh at the suggestion that such a conspiracy could happen. But #Resist seems to be a glue that binds like no others.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: moyeti

It isn't blanket. There have been studies, white papers and countless research on it. Truth sucks if it doesn't square with your beliefs, eh?

Of course it is a blanket statement. You are making sweeping generalizations about liberals, all without posting any evidence. You are alluding to some evidence in this post, but you still haven't posted any. The irony of you making unfounded statements while saying you make fact based arguments continues.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

All I see is a weak attempt to derail the real investigation into Trump's administration and activities with a fake investigation into Obama.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You Need new glasses, lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You Need new glasses, lol.

Nope. I don't need new glasses to look at the reality of the situation since the investigation into Trump keeps expanding while investigations into Obama and Hillary's actions pre-election have to keep moving the goal posts and exploring different "concerns" since y'all can never make anything stick against them. How many indictments has Trump's administration cronies seen? How many have Obama officials seen? The comparison is easy.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There is literally no wrong doing pointed out in the OP.

The wrongdoing was in withholding relevant information from a FISC judge on multiple occasions in order to obtain a warrant based on unverified claims made initially by the Russians. I expect there to be a new special investigation surrounding that little episode within weeks at most.

The OP builds on those claims. If it is determined that the FISA warrants were indeed the result of intentionally erroneous applications, then it becomes relevant who knew and who was directing such activities.

I tried taking every fourth word from each sentence in the Schiff memo as well. It made no sense either. I guess we're just stuck having to look at the totality of a claim instead of a single article...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

But it wasn't. This narrative you are saying was invented out of thin air by purposely misinterpreting the two memos released, but if you read them honestly instead you'll see that the the FISA warrant was on the up-and-up. Even the Nunes memo admits that the Steel Dossier wasn't the only evidence used to obtain the warrant. It also points out that the warrant was a renewal and not an initial warrant.

I promise you that these "revelations" in the OP will go nowhere and no investigation into them will produce any fruit. Because there is nothing to them. Of course, the information is presented in such a way that when nothing surfaces, the goal posts will be moved and Obama and Hilary's name will never be in the clear. As it seems to be the favorite pastime of Republicans in Congress to come up with erroneous investigations into Democrats. You'd think after sticking their foot in their mouths 8 times trying to investigate Hillary, y'all would be a little less trusting with the claims of wrong hood made by Republicans... Yet here we are, you guys trusting them more than the claims by Democrats with FAR more credibility of Trump Republicans behaving badly.
edit on 12-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This narrative you are saying was invented out of thin air by purposely misinterpreting the two memos released...

I disagree. My reading of the memos combined with my knowledge of the FISA procedure, says the FBI purposely chose to downplay and obfuscate the source and reliability of the dossier. You say nothing was done wrong; I say it appears there was. The result is we need an investigation into the matter.

And it appears to me will get exactly that.

You'd think after sticking their foot in their mouths 8 times trying to investigate Hillary, y'all would be a little less trusting with the claims of wrong hood made by Republicans...

First of all, I am looking at claims made by the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, not "Republicans." Your partisanship does nothing to sway me. A claim is a claim and should be looked at in terms of whether or not the allegations are reasonable and likely, not whether or not the person making them has a certain letter next to their name on the news feeds. That is simply a ridiculous assertion.

That said, there have been enough proven allegations against Hillary Clinton to put anyone else in prison for a very very long time. Just because the DoJ did not prosecute, it does not logically follow that there was nothing to prosecute. That is a false narrative that I reject out of hand. Indeed, where there is proof of wrongdoing and no prosecution (or apparently even serious investigation) into such, it become more imperative than ever to root out the cause of such corruption. Clinton stored classified emails on a private server out of the reach of government oversight, transmitted classified emails regularly on said unsecured server, destroyed subpoenaed government evidence, and lied about the nature of her activities. That is admitted, proven, fact. Similar, in many cases less serious, violations of security clearance regulations have landed other officials in prison.

I don't care what Comey thinks, or what Lynch thinks, or what Obama thinks. Thoughts and opinions are not facts. The law uses only facts.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

All I see is a weak attempt to derail the real investigation into Trump's administration and activities with a fake investigation into Obama.

Derail how? That is a ludicrous claim unless you feel it could lead to the end of Muellers appointment.

I hear "derail" used a lot. I think you are misusing tye word

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I disagree. My reading of the memos combined with my knowledge of the FISA procedure, says the FBI purposely chose to downplay and obfuscate the source and reliability of the dossier. You say nothing was done wrong; I say it appears there was. The result is we need an investigation into the matter.

No. We don't... All of this is HIGHLY unusual. Never before have I seen people so motivated to investigate an investigation while it is ongoing. Normal procedure is you wait for the investigation to finish and if there is problems with it only THEN do you investigate those issues. Everything going on now appears to be an attempt to derail the investigation into Trump though.

Why do you guys want to derail the investigation so badly?

And it appears to me will get exactly that.

Of course, because Republicans LOVE frivolous investigations that waste time and produce no convictions. This isn't surprising. I spent 8 years watching them do this very thing to Obama and Hillary.

First of all, I am looking at claims made by the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, not "Republicans." Your partisanship does nothing to sway me. A claim is a claim and should be looked at in terms of whether or not the allegations are reasonable and likely, not whether or not the person making them has a certain letter next to their name on the news feeds. That is simply a ridiculous assertion.

Nunes is a partisan Republican just like Trey Gowdy, so you are definitely talking about "Republicans". Hell, in a lot of ways, Nunes is WAAAAY worse than Gowdy in his partisanism. Nunes may actually cop an obstruction of justice charge with how closely he flirts with trying to derail investigations into Trump and his admin.

Claims are claims, but that doesn't mean that because a claim exists it needs to be investigated. Claims need to be credible first. These claims aren't credible. They are partisan tinged.

That said, there have been enough proven allegations against Hillary Clinton to put anyone else in prison for a very very long time. Just because the DoJ did not prosecute, it does not logically follow that there was nothing to prosecute. That is a false narrative that I reject out of hand. Indeed, where there is proof of wrongdoing and no prosecution (or apparently even serious investigation) into such, it become more imperative than ever to root out the cause of such corruption. Clinton stored classified emails on a private server out of the reach of government oversight, transmitted classified emails regularly on said unsecured server, destroyed subpoenaed government evidence, and lied about the nature of her activities. That is admitted, proven, fact. Similar, in many cases less serious, violations of security clearance regulations have landed other officials in prison.

Negative. There are claims and proclamations made in right wing media that make it APPEAR that this is the case, but it isn't true because she'd be in jail if they were.

People like Kushner in the Trump admin LIED during their security clearance applications and they aren't in jail for their actions. That is a REAL crime, but I don't see you yelling for Kushner's head.

I don't care what Comey thinks, or what Lynch thinks, or what Obama thinks. Thoughts and opinions are not facts. The law uses only facts.

TheRedneck

You seem to care about what Nunes thinks in lieu of facts.
edit on 12-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Oh it won't derail the investigation. That's why I labeled it "weak", but it is an attempt nonetheless. Trump even declared himself vindicated when Nunes released his memo, clearly showing he didn't even read it since it definitely DOESN'T vindicate Trump at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join