It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s tariffs aren’t good for the economy, Ron Paul warns

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well looks like even Ron Paul has chimed in on Trump's tariffs and he's not a fan:

“You don’t want to protect something that’s not efficient, or if we have too many regulations or it’s due to the monetary policy,” he told FOX Business’ David Asman. “You don’t want to protect them and protect the mistakes. It’s a form of a bailout, and a lot of people talked about that during the recession.”

www.foxbusiness.com...

Not a fan of Ron Paul but I fully agree with him on this occasion. It's really funny you know, how this government is going out it's way to protect specific industries from competition. It was coal before and now it's steel. The end of last year we saw the administration draw back support for renewables and in turn to protect the coal industry. Now we've got this government stepping in for the steel and aluminium industries, at the expense of many other businesses and trades. Nevermind investment in innovative industries that branch out - no government protection now needs to be offered to certain vulnerable industries that haven't moved much in decades.

Here's the video:

There's a broad consensus that the Trump Tariffs will do more harm than good. It seems the only people pushing for this tariff are the Whitehouse and their ardent supporter base. It's gotten to the point where event Trumps most senior economic advisor stepped resigned. What more do be need to know this is a bad idea I wonder?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Looks like even Ron Paul has been turned.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Most days I agree with Dr Paul...
Not today.
Here's why.

If done right this can offset the decades if economic mismanagement from both parties. The United States created the world economy. We can still guide it. The question becomes is Trump subtle and tactful enough?

With the right people it's possible.
Meanwhile I'll watch the leftists go ballistic over this for entertainment.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here is something old Ron doesn't know.....

You ask Canada and Mexico to redo the NAFTA since it is extremely unfair for the US, and they basically flip us the finger, saying sorry sucker. You ask China to stop doing unfair trade practices and they do the same with the finger and sorry sucker...

You then come off the top rope with the 25/10 and say I'm willing to negotiate now as old Trump just created leverage. Canada/Mexico now say oh crap! and they will come to the table. China says oh crap! Americans are serious now, and they come to the table...

Even NK with Kim...Trump says You crazy little man, let me show you CRAZY! And little Kim says oh crap and comes to the table.

Anyone see a revolving theme here...lol

This is why Trump is Trump and Paul is not...
edit on 10-3-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I see a revolving theme, trump is blowing hot air out of his his ass and his supporters think he is providing free energy to power the globe.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh, simple answer.

Anything, said by anyone, regardless of their status before, against Trump. Bad. Anything Trump good.

That is the rule of the land.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Trump defenders trashing Ron Paul coming in 3... 2... 1...

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

no just gonna trash you using that tired ol 3.2.1 biz

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump defenders trashing Ron Paul coming in 3... 2... 1...

Paul should run for President. America might like his ideas.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Oh, simple answer.

Anything, said by anyone, regardless of their status before, against Trump. Bad. Anything Trump good.

That is the rule of the land.

Says the poster who rolls with anything Trump = bad, anything anti-Trump good.

Were you the Jefferton on the MyDailyPaul.com threads, btw? Just curious.

On track, I voted for a Paul in all three Presidential primaries and Paul is wrong on this one. Again.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Dumbo duck hasn't got a ****ing clue what he's doing. The only thing he's good at is firing people.

The puppets meet the masters.

edit on 10-3-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Was that just like the solar tariffs you complained about?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, this is what happened with that:

money.cnn.com...
edit on 10 3 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   
Everyone in the real world knows the tariffs are not good for the US or global economy.

Everyone in the fantasy MAGALand thinks they are.

link   
a reply to: carewemust
I can’t tell if your being serious. But hey anything is possible. SNL would love that lol

+2 more 
link   

It's really funny you know, how this government is going out it's way to protect specific industries

Thats rich coming from the side that forced every single American to buy a product from a specific industry..

JUst lololololol

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Defending the leftist agenda in ..3..2..1.. your here as usual.... how about this is good for Americans? Reagan did it and it worked out very well. Enough of the imported crap, made in America sounds good! Now it will be Afordable if we can keep the greedy unions at bay...a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He was put down by the media from the start and they barely covered anything he said. Can't really expect to get much traction when the media treats you like a stray dog not worth considering.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Trump cuts taxes and increases tariff's on imports which leads to job creation.

The tariff's he added on imports will not directly affect the average consumer in the same way the tax cuts do yet they will help cover the cost of the tax cuts covered mostly by business.

Win win for the American people yet all the fake economist out there cry.
edit on 10-3-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Who am I defending? I'm just pointing out the fact that anytime anyone says anything bad about Trump his minions invade the thread and trash them. I don't think even Trump supporters can deny that fact.
edit on 3/10/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm not a Trump supporter. If we start seeing arrest in Washington I will become a Trump supporter.

The left is still totally delusional and lives in a fantasy land.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join