It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruth Marcus of The WaPo: I would’ve aborted a fetus with Down syndrome.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ruth Marcus, Washington Post deputy editorial page editor,

wrote an op-ed yesterday stating,” There is a new push in antiabortion circles to pass state laws aimed at barring women from terminating their pregnancies after the fetus has been determined to have Down syndrome. These laws are unconstitutional, unenforceable — and wrong.” www.washingtonpost.com... 159c_story.html?utm_term=.29cb1139a7b5
She then attempts to soften her pathetic comment by stating,” Many people with Down syndrome live happy and fulfilled lives. The new Gerber baby with Down syndrome is awfully cute.”
So even after she admits that these people can “live happy and fulfilled lives,” she still wants the rest of them have their brains vacuumed out with a surgical steel needle the size of a large Sharpe marker.

Her next attempt to justify her plea states, “when I became pregnant, that it made sense to do the testing for Down syndrome…I can say without hesitation that, tragic as it would have felt and ghastly as a second-trimester abortion would have been, I would have terminated those pregnancies had the testing come back positive.” But she didn’t. And she pushes her evil agenda with cowardice.

Then there is ex New York Times editor Jill Abramson.
pjmedia.com...

She just declared to the world, "It’s easy to look at what’s happening in Washington DC and despair. That’s why I carry a little plastic Obama doll in my purse. I pull him out every now and then to remind myself that the United States had a progressive, African American president until very recently. Some people find this strange, but you have to take comfort where you can find it in Donald Trump’s America."

Perhaps I should get one to scratch that itch below my two rear pockets.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The legal justification for murder.

The slaughter of those that are truly innocent.

Abortion.

No one will ever change their minds on this barbaric, unenlightened act.

I am saddened and disgusted by those that justify it, and pity those that have had it done.

But this is a no-win situation. I wanted to say my piece and I did.

Therefore I will S&F and then beg pardon and leave this thread.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The legal justification for murder.
The slaughter of those that are truly innocent.
Abortion.
No one will ever change their minds on this barbaric, unenlightened act.
I am saddened and disgusted by those that justify it, and pity those that have had it done.
But this is a no-win situation. I wanted to say my piece and I did.
Therefore I will S&F and then beg pardon and leave this thread.
Peace.

Thank you for stopping DBC.
A star to you sir. But as you know me, I wouldn't ask pardon from the barbaric, and unenlightened.
Peace to you as well Sir

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

save you sanctimonious bull crap.

you have no idea what it entails to raise a handicapped child - I do. trisomy 18, my son lived in pain EVERYDAY of his life - 23 years. would I choose that again?? tuff question, and one my daughter will someday have to grapple with (balanced translocation).SNIP

edit on 10-3-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: removed offensive insult

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No.

I had an opinion on the subject and I offered it.

You don't like it?

Tough.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

ya, you're saddened and disgusted, by impossiblely hard dicisions you know nothing about - makes you feel good about yourself, tho - huh?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

ya, you're saddened and disgusted, by impossiblely hard dicisions you know nothing about - makes you feel good about yourself, tho - huh?

Why would it make me feel good?

I consider an unborn child an individual. One with a unique DNA, a unique identity.

That is where I am coming from.

That is my foundation for my belief on the subject.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

An individuals choices in life have consequences for that individual - the extent of which usually only become apparent after the deed is done/said. For instance..

Buys a Lotto ticket - wins lotto.
Goes to work - gets stuck in traffic.
Cooks dinner - gets rewarded.
Has abortion - lives with it.
Does not have an abortion - lives with it.

What I find most peculiar with this subject matter, is, for instance, the rabid hatred-projection slung at DB because his opinion does not match the consequences someone else is living - therefore DB is an asshole.

Deluded logic is deluded.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

but, god forbid you acknowledge how hard a decision it would be and go straight to being disgusted - 100% sanctimonious.

all to score your political point, too. disgusting.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

but, god forbid you acknowledge how hard a decision it would be and go straight to being disgusted - 100% sanctimonious.

all to score your political point, too. disgusting.

Being responsible for the death of a unique individual who is completely innocent should be a gut-wrenching decision.

One I disagree with. One that does disgust me.

But like I said, you'll never convince me that abortions are awesome and I'll never convince you that abortions are disgusting.

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ATTENTION

THIS IS NOT THE MUDPIT. if you are unable to discuss this topic within the T&C (i.e., with some modicum of civility), please refrain from posting.

Further insults and trolling will be removed and the member will be posting banned. All opinions within the T&C are welcome.

Do not reply to this message

Thank you

bigfatfurrytexan
Forum Moderator

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

save you sanctimonious bull crap.
you have no idea what it entails to raise a handicapped child - I do. trisomy 18, my son lived in pain EVERYDAY of his life - 23 years. would I choose that again?? tuff(sic) question, and one my daughter will someday have to grapple with (balanced translocation). and, assholes like you and the op can go to hell.

This is about Down's Syndrome. Any parent with a child that has Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome) knows that is IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT than Trisomy 21 which is Down's syndrome!
edit on V012018Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 10 Mar 2018 18:01:44 -06001 by Violater1 because: dgnritul;0

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The issue of abortion is between the woman, whatever God she MIGHT believe in, and the doctor. Government and politics have no place in the matter. There isn't a shred of scientific or, (since so many like to claim we are a "Christian nation") Biblical evidence (beyond gross mistranslation) to support the possibility that a fetus contains any form of consciousness.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Abortions ARE disgusting. But some of us simply cannot insert ourselves enough in someone else shoes to take that choice away from them.

Most people are not FOR abortion. It's just some of us are not going to tell a woman what she can do with her own body. Especially if it's within the law. Simple as that.

Incidentally, I completely respect your opinion on this even though mine is not the same.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
The issue of abortion is between the woman, whatever God she MIGHT believe in, and the doctor. Government and politics have no place in the matter. There isn't a shred of scientific or, (since so many like to claim we are a "Christian nation") Biblical evidence (beyond gross mistranslation)(sic) to support the possibility that a fetus contains any form of consciousness.

Consciousness?
Consciousness! Really? Like an ultrasound of babies smiling and reacting to music.

Even the hateful witch Ruth Marcus admits,"Many people with Down syndrome live happy and fulfilled lives."
Yeah, so suck out there brains anyway.
sheeesh!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No doubt that a person with down syndrome can live a happy, fulfilling life, but there is no proof that a fetus has any level of consciousness. Brain dead bodies can smile, but that is not proof of consciousness, only neuro-biology.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't think this is so much about abortion as it is this woman telling everyone that a person with Down's Syndrome is undesirable.
According to her, a child with Down's Syndrome is not worth having.
I suppose that most people that have Down's Syndrome and their parents would take offense to that.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That is a bad argument.

An abortion that is a few cells is not jamming out and reading novels.

At least make a rational comparison.

It would be more accurate to compare it to Amoebas being vibrated by bass.

Is it safe to blast radio waves into an almost full term baby like that?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It was unwise to insinuate that people who are actually here, shouldn't be. She should apologize and will if she has character.
edit on 10-3-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join