It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disease X: World Health Organisation issues global alert for potential pandemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Bingo! That's what's causing the rapid mutations

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Incandescent

They don't know what it is because no one has been infected with it yet.

Because it has yet to be identified and catalogued, i.e., it doesn't exist.

From the link within OP link:

Disease X represents the knowledge that a serious international epidemic could be caused by a pathogen currently unknown to cause human disease, and so the R&D Blueprint explicitly seeks to enable cross-cutting R&D preparedness that is also relevant for an unknown “Disease X” as far as possible.

Who is talking about the response to as yet unknown disease they label "x". Usually plagues break out from already known strains or variants thereof. They just added an unknown as a possibility to their list.

who.int

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If a person sits there worrying about catching a disease or worries that a pandemic is coming, they will make their life into Hell. Just try not to eat too many foods that block your immune system response. Some medicines block neurotransmitters, that is bad unless necessary, just altering your diet can replace the need for some of these types of meds. I wish our government would come out and explain the properties of food chemistry to help people make decisions as to what changes could help their condition, but no, they just look at one diet plan for everyone, they do not tell people how to fix the problem, they allow the Pharma companies to just make meds....to keep us under their thumb.

This X disease will probably cause a pandemic someday, but I am not afraid of microbes, I would rather spend the rest of my life enjoying it, not fearing a disease. The whole system is setting us up to lose immunity or boost some people's immunity too high and that can lead to some major problems. I am not fond of how modern medicine is working, it is almost like the alchemists of old that convinced people to worry about nothing, they sold them tinctures that actually hurt more people than it helped. There are good doctors, some do not promote this doom and gloom. Find one of them.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Or basically, the TPTB have run out of original ideas for their disease of the season and are paying Hollywood script writers to simply come up with headlines to fuel the annual sick season fake medicine sales. Everybody is catching on to the fake flu's they produce every season to generate pharma sales including many subsidies from the government.

So they like "man damn, we need something catchy. Give Weinstein a call and have him pitch us a good headline"

Disease X , Be afraid, be VERY AFRAID! and spend money on fake medication as well as volumes amounts of hand sanitizer.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The dumbest and most nothing article ever written.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Not me.

Why? Are you?

(Honest question)
Beware, she;s horny

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Anyone get the feeling the "X" in disease X is just a placeholder?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Could this be linked to the guy that disappeared from work at the CDC? Just a guess on my part.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Here, I can make headlines too;

"One day something big is gonna happen that will kill a lot of people, don't know what yet but it WILL happen"...

Yeah, you be scared and careful!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigohues

wrong again my man.

granted testing goes on all over the world but the real nasty testing done on africa is by pharma co.'s they wait until people get sick then go test their new stuff and if it has nasty side effects oh well tweek it and test again.

Africa is a huge continent and allot of jungle and other areas with places man has never stepped foot, until they do and get a face full of some nasty virus that has been there forever.

also there is a lower scientific understanding in Africa in general, allot of people still believe in magic to the point they will murder an albino child for his body parts so the local witch doctor can make them a potion or cast a spell.

unprotected sex, eating strange animals, and close proximity to many types of different animals in their living spaces is a disaster waiting to happen.

then there is just normal mutations.

nothing wrong with these people getting there ducks in a row. we(humans) have been pretty lucky in the modern era of fast/cheap travel that we have not been wiped out by some god awful virus(man made or otherwise)
edit on 11-3-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Not sure if it's related but did they ever find the missing CDC employee?
Things that make ya go hmmmmm....

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
St Paul got out of hot water in Greece, by claiming to worship at the temple of the "Unknown God". I.O.W.'s you don't know, what you don't know. The idea of preparing for an epidemic from Disease X, seems to me to be common sense. They are looking forwards into time, and thinking of how to deal with an completely unknown plague. It's the old " an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", concept. St. Paul lost his head in Roma in A.D. 58, IIRC. So the Greece thingee, was earlier, from between Christ's crucifixion, and Paul's execution. Both of these were executions at the hands of the Roman authorities.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Meh I believe if people sit around worrying and just sit around negative they eat themselves up with cancer.. that is the disease you need to worry about...

First of all their isn’t much we can do about a pandemic wash your hands hide in your house etc.

It is what it is, this crap is fear mongering a few years back we had the swine flu bull crap that was suppose to kill us all ats had 300 plus pages on that topic of pure pandemonium....

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
What is going on in Africa ?
Do they not wash hands before eating ?
Its like all viruses come from that place..
Including man itself I guess...
But some would say we are a virus also.

They eat monkey meat.....ya know.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

So, to remove the sensationalism from the equation for the moment, although the potential implications are very much sensational...

This articles mention of "Disease X" refers to some kind of statistical projection, which suggests that, at some stage soon, the force of nature, the hand of mankind, or some unholy union of the two, will unleash a very dangerous pathogen into the world, one which may threaten life on an unprecedented scale.

It is not a disease whose vectors or origins have been tracked, because no outbreak has yet been recorded, and even if an outbreak of this "Disease X" were to occur, it would be, in all likelihood, some time before the WHO and other organisations with a dog in that fight, cotton onto the fact that their projected critter has indeed arrived, precisely because in order to BE "Disease X", whatever it is will have to reach certain milestones, certain body counts and infection rates, before which it will read as just another nasty to keep an eye on.

This is the equivalent of astrophysicists telling us that we are overdue a spanking from a giant comet, or like geologists telling us that a supervolcanic eruption is going to happen at some stage. Yes, statistically speaking, a comet and a volcanic eruption of vast magnitude, must, at some stage, come about again, and yes, it is inevitable that at some stage another pandemic pathogen will wreak unholy havoc with the lives of the worlds citizens. Any one of these things, under the worst possible conditions, could utterly wipe the human race as we know it from the surface of this world.

But in the case of the supervolcano at least, we know which ones PRECISELY are the most likely to kill us all. There is a list, but what we know of these things comes of measurements that are taken directly of them, at Yellowstone, at Vesuvius, and at other potentially world ending volcanic sites. In the case of this disease, we do not know anything of its structure, we do not know anything of its anatomy, its location of origin, although its probably possible to guess with a reasonable degree of accuracy. We do not know anything of it, because as far as we know, it does not exist yet.

That makes it, when compared to many other things that threaten the species, rather less concerning than the Yellowstone Caldera, or nuclear warfare. We know Yellowstone. We know the identities of the nuclear nations. We can feel the weight of that threat over our heads, like a Damoclesian blade, ready to fall at any time, for any reason. But a disease with no name, that does not exist yet...?

Till they give the thing a name specific to its structure, till its been in a dish and someone has seen its form and function, I will keep worrying about the clear and present dangers.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

When I read about this earlier, my first thoughts were 'what are they planning to unleash next?'

There's been a few new ones over recent years which didn't quite take off as expected. I gotta wonder if some Lab experiment is going to go wrong

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Indigohues

wrong again my man.

granted testing goes on all over the world but the real nasty testing done on africa is by pharma co.'s they wait until people get sick then go test their new stuff and if it has nasty side effects oh well tweek it and test again.

Africa is a huge continent and allot of jungle and other areas with places man has never stepped foot, until they do and get a face full of some nasty virus that has been there forever.

also there is a lower scientific understanding in Africa in general, allot of people still believe in magic to the point they will murder an albino child for his body parts so the local witch doctor can make them a potion or cast a spell.

unprotected sex, eating strange animals, and close proximity to many types of different animals in their living spaces is a disaster waiting to happen.

then there is just normal mutations.

nothing wrong with these people getting there ducks in a row. we(humans) have been pretty lucky in the modern era of fast/cheap travel that we have not been wiped out by some god awful virus(man made or otherwise)
They just talked about using Albinos for magic on the tv show Black Lightning.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It's fear mongering is what it is.

It's not fear mongering.

With a world population of 7 billion people and growing.

It's inevitable.

Something wicked this way comes.

It's only a matter of time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join