It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
The consumer.

The consumer wins sometimes, but the consumer doesn't always win. The most competitive product is not necessarily the best product. I'll give you an example, disposable items, or items that are built to need replaced every year tend to dominate the marketplace, that leads to repeat purchases and greatly increased revenue for the company providing that product. It however is an inferior product to an item that would last 10 or 20 years.

I see it as options nothing more. I can buy that disposable product, say a camera, if I don't take pictures often or don't require exquisite photos. Whereas a professional can and will buy that $1-2k DSLR.

The consumer wins. The consumer loses if the only thing on the market is an inferior or unattainable item.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The consumer.

The consumer wins sometimes, but the consumer doesn't always win. The most competitive product is not necessarily the best product. I'll give you an example, disposable items, or items that are built to need replaced every year tend to dominate the marketplace, that leads to repeat purchases and greatly increased revenue for the company providing that product. It however is an inferior product to an item that would last 10 or 20 years.

And you are free to buy the product that lasts longer. That product exists.

Everyone shops for something different when they shop. Some people are after the very cheapest thing they can get no matter what. Personally, I try to haggle out a balance between what I know I can afford and the most quality I can purchase.

Sometimes, I don't need something that's going to last forever. For example, if I'm buying clothing for my 7-year-old, do I need to buy the best quality, high label items? He's going to outgrow them in a year, maybe less. So I only need something that will last that long. So long as I take care of it and he doesn't do anything unusual, most cheaper clothing will last that long.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I thought that Aussi "Traitor"... Err i mean Prime Minister had already offered to confiscate all Australians retirement, veteran and disability pensions to pay for the USA's infrastructure..

Guess Trump must have decided that taking the pensions of an entire nation from a brown nosing little weasle would'nt be such a good idea after all...lol
edit on 13-3-2018 by Ironclad3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The consumer.

And you are free to buy the product that lasts longer. That product exists.

Everyone shops for something different when they shop. Some people are after the very cheapest thing they can get no matter what. Personally, I try to haggle out a balance between what I know I can afford and the most quality I can purchase.

Sometimes, I don't need something that's going to last forever. For example, if I'm buying clothing for my 7-year-old, do I need to buy the best quality, high label items? He's going to outgrow them in a year, maybe less. So I only need something that will last that long. So long as I take care of it and he doesn't do anything unusual, most cheaper clothing will last that long.

Tell me about it!

Baby to 4 yo, grows so fast, might as well use newspapers.

And then they want the cool stuff after that! OY!

So cute tho, dressing them up. Grrrrr.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're only free to buy what the stores carry. More competitive products tend to make higher quality goods more difficult to find. Furthermore, you have no guarantee that you're actually buying quality unless the product has been available for decades and stood the test of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join