It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIBERAL MEDIA is More Damaging to the USA Than Russian Bots-Spies-Hackers Combined.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Opinions can be biased.

Actual news is only what it is.

And lies are never never truth.

Example. The blue car was speeding and crashed into a tree. That's news.

The blue car driven by a drunk Democrat on his way to a pro abortion kill all the babies rally was speeding and crashed into a tree on a God fearing republicans well trimmed front lawn. Is biased.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Shepard Smith is not liberal. He's a token Fox puts out pretending to be.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

The worse part is to see how they weaponized their freedom of speech.
what's worse is you trying to limit their free speech.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Says the person who thought Hillary lost three of four elections.
Ha ha. Get a fact and get a clue.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Example. The blue car was speeding and crashed into a tree. That's news.

The blue car driven by a drunk Democrat on his way to a pro abortion kill all the babies rally was speeding and crashed into a tree on a God fearing republicans well trimmed front lawn. Is biased.

All of that could potentially be true.
It seems your test for bias involves whether it supports your view.

It probably explains why your unable to see that Fox and CNN are doing the exact same thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

i think its no secret the liberal media despise Trump and his minions.
but you should have tried finding a positive news article on Obama and his family in conservative news outlets... forget a year time span, try finding something positive til this day, then get triggered..

The lack of respect for the office astounds me.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Nobody is doing that. That's why you can BS freely.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2
This is a perfect example.
The economy has been in full swing recovery since 2012. Trump has nothing to do with it.
Why was it that he said Obama inflated the figures or down played unrmployment. Lol. You can't see through that can you? No no don't claim you can. You cant. You actually believe trump has done something for you. Wait. See how fast increased health insurance costs and new tariffs eat up that tax reduction. Lol. Of course trump will find a way to blame someone else. Probably Obama or better still Hillary who was never in power. Lol.
edit on 3102018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Um....

That’s because 91% of trumps actions were negative..

Just because they are not willing to fabricate accomplishments like the Fox News types , doesn’t make them biased..

All things are not created equal.. an unbiased person doesn’t pretend like climate change could go either way..

95% of scientists agree, and 5% disagree. Pretending like that is an issue that is hotly debated IS BEING BIASED..

What you really mean is “how come the msm doesn’t worship trump like the big orange God I know him to be??”

Lmao

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Nobody is doing that. That's why you can BS freely.

The OP was hoping America would follow Russia, NK and China's approach to freedom of speech. There's no way of parsing that without bringing censorship and extra-judicial detainments with the occasional dead journalist.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yeah but you want to. That's clear. Oh trump should come down hard on liberal media.
Yeah that's balanced.

Not.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Um....

That’s because 91% of trumps actions were negative..

Just because they are not willing to fabricate accomplishments like the Fox News types , doesn’t make them biased..

All things are not created equal.. an unbiased person doesn’t pretend like climate change could go either way..

95% of scientists agree, and 5% disagree. Pretending like that is an issue that is hotly debated IS BEING BIASED..

What you really mean is “how come the msm doesn’t worship trump like the big orange God I know him to be??”

Lmao

I gave you a star but this post deserved more than that
🌟🌠⭐🌠🌟⭐⭐🌟🌟🌠
edit on 3102018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The LIBERAL MEDIA is More Damaging to the USA Than Russian Bots-Spies-Hackers Combined

No. No. No.

The STATE RUN MEDIA is more damaging to the USA than anything except the PEOPLE who are so stuck in the left-right paradigm that they have blinded themselves to the truth.

Those of us who are old enough and have been paying attention have seen how the game was played... how we have been played...

There was a time when news was required by law impartial and unbiased and opinions were left to the editorial page. The "news" had the facts... the editorials had the opinions. It was the "Fairness Doctrine" and it was law. If one opinion was given, the other side was also given. "Point/Counter-point" -- it wasn't just an SNL skit.

In 1985, under FCC Chairman Mark S. Fowler, a communications attorney who had served on Ronald Reagan's presidential campaign staff in 1976 and 1980, the FCC released a report stating that the doctrine hurt the public interest and violated free speech rights guaranteed by the First Amendment. In 1986, the 99th Congress directed the FCC to examine alternatives to the Fairness Doctrine and to submit a report to Congress on the subject.[16] In August 1987, under FCC Chairman Dennis R. Patrick, the FCC abolished the doctrine by a 4-0 vote, in the Syracuse Peace Council decision, which was upheld by a panel of the Appeals Court for the D.C. Circuit in February 1989, though the Court stated in their decision that they made "that determination without reaching the constitutional issue."[17] The FCC suggested in Syracuse Peace Council that because of the many media voices in the marketplace, the doctrine be deemed unconstitutional...

As a result, our media soon began interspersing opinions into our news, picking and choosing which "facts" to share (or not share), and otherwise spinning the "news" to suit a particular agenda... which of course was bemoaned by conservatives as a "liberal" slant... and which of course made the "conservatives" cry about needing their own agenda-driven news media... and so Fox News was born amid much fanfare and celebration.

And then -- as if this all wasn't bad enough -- Obama and Congress decided it was a good idea to let the federal government plant propaganda (and intel agents) within the media... yup. The federal government could now legally lie to us under the auspices of a "free press." And they do.

At no time have Republicans/conservatives demanded a return to the Fairness Doctrine. In fact, when I still listened to Limbaugh, he was constantly prophesying that a return of the Fairness Doctrine would mean that Republicans/conservatives would have no voice at all whatsoever. And his LIVs bought it hook, line and sinker. (LIV = Limbaugh Informed Voters... I'll let others decide if they also fall into Limbaugh's own "Low Information Voters" category.)

All this to say that this isn't a "liberal" issue. This is a political issue, perpetuated by BOTH the left and right for their own agendas -- the people be damned! -- and we're ALL being played. By conservatives just as much as liberals.

But the saddest part of all is that "we" seem to like it... and "we" insist on playing the game ourselves... and "we" only hurt ourselves in doing so. And as long as folks are stuck in their left/right echo chambers, the farce will continue.
-----------------------------------------------

For the lighter side... viewer discretion advised

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
That is a fun little site, thanks for the find. I have no idea why the MSM blast Trump as much as they do. I don’t like Trump as i’m Sure you know but when I watch the news I don’t mind seeing a bit of it but I would rather see news about what’s going on in the world and also more SCIENCE! There is so much going on that is not being reported on. I still do my digging on the internet but some elderly don’t. They get 90% of the news from a television. They miss out on a lot of really important things going on.

There is so much going on, but they have to make the news watchable for their core audiences - give the customers what they want. So the spin on any story is base on viewer demographics in the large cities.

There used to be technology programs on TV. In the UK in the 1970's, we only had three channels, so everyone watched "Tomorrows World", predicting a futureworld of laser discs, multimedia, portable cassette players and headphones, self-parking cars, motorways where cars would travel in convoys to save space and mobile phones the size of bricks. Later, there was Discovery 2000 in Canada and the USA, that ran in the 1990's.

With cable/satellite TV, there are hundred channels to watch. With a Smart-TV with Youtube and other services, you can listen to local radio stations from all over the world as well as the thousands of Youtube channels.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Magapill.com? ROFL. Maga pill? Some of you have taken too many of those. Overdose.
But props to the one who registered that domain. The domain name will attract plenty of idiots, obviously.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Magapill.com? ROFL. Maga pill? Some of you have taken too many of those. Overdose.
But props to the one who registered that domain. The domain name will attract plenty of idiots, obviously.

Yet you're on a site called 'above top secret' whose content is usually general news posted a couple of hours after it has already been viewed millions of times on Facebook. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or if you do you should at least be consistent lol.
edit on 10/3/2018 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: added quote

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Leftists and their media outlets hate America.

They hate independence.

They hate people who think for themselves.

Basically, they hate anyone who doesn't adhere to their ideology.

They censor, they abridge, they obfuscate.

They out-and-out lie.

The media has become weaponized against common Americans.

And if, by some small chance, if if if, they happen upon the actual facts of a story, it is lost among the lies.

I've never seen any industry work so hard at ruining its own reputation. They have destroyed any integrity they may have once simply over the adherence to a political ideology.

The media is the Gestapo, the media is the KGB.

They deserve no respect.

The media is a PAC, a lobbying group, a political arm hiding behind the curtain of free speech.

The media is as unbiased as BLM, KKK, ANTIFA, ISIS.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
the op compared trump to moses in another thread, so....

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Leftists and their media outlets hate America.

They hate independence.

They hate people who think for themselves.

Basically, they hate anyone who doesn't adhere to their ideology.

They censor, they abridge, they obfuscate.

They out-and-out lie.

The media has become weaponized against common Americans.

And if, by some small chance, if if if, they happen upon the actual facts of a story, it is lost among the lies.

I've never seen any industry work so hard at ruining its own reputation. They have destroyed any integrity they may have once simply over the adherence to a political ideology.

The media is the Gestapo, the media is the KGB.

They deserve no respect.

The media is a PAC, a lobbying group, a political arm hiding behind the curtain of free speech.

The media is as unbiased as BLM, KKK, ANTIFA, ISIS.

This is what being triggered looks like.

Wow. You hit nearly every buzzword.... impressive.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Let me fix that title for you.

The MEDIA is More Damaging to the USA Than Russian Bots-Spies-Hackers Combined.

In this day and age the media is just there to sell ratings and make money. So if the media is so called liberal or so called conservative. They are there to sell you something. Drama sells.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join