It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best pets for Zombie apocalypse.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Best pets for Zombie apocalypse. The absolute best pets to have for zombie apocalypse would be small herbivore creatures that you can carry or herbivores can be ride on or less blood staining self defense. Every Pets have to be trained to wake you up when alerted/smells something wrong.

Why? Carnivores you have to constantly feed them meat. They can eat uncooked meat(I feel sorry for bears, except Pandas). If they do, you don't know if the meat is tainted or not unless you fully cook the meat. A good option is to have your carnivore pets that can eat cook meat.
Can't recommend dogs due to difficulty of training, must be fed too much, probably cannot eat cooked meat diet constant which can get it infected. Barking will alert zombies.

5. Fully trained cat. They don't make as much noise. But they must not run away. I've seen too many run away cats in the western world. Make sure its a cat that eats cooked meat. Some cats can eat cooked meat. A lot of research has to be done.

www.littlethings.com...

4. Horses/any animal with horse family. Yes Horses. I don't know why in zombie apocalypse shows don't show people riding horses. I find it utter BS. Zombies can't really run that fast. Horses will just eat grass, but you have be sure its not in a contaminated area. You can out run zombies on horse back. Their main self defense is back kick to knock zombie flying backward.

3. Kangaroo, if kangaroo didn't turn into zombies, then they are an option. They can also outrun zombies too. They can carry babies or small important thing. Kangaroos are herbivores and in self defense, can be trained to just kick the zombies out of the way instead of boxing.

2. Rabbit. Yes, a god dam rabbit. They can smell miles away. Hear things far away with their big ears. They can be trained to alert and warn you. Also great locator for vegetation farmland, heard they are pests in Australia. Easy to carry.

1. Mouse. Mouse will eat anything but, beware of rat poison/traps, should never let the mouse go alone. Got rats in the house? You know how they get away so easily without traps. Rat unlike rabbits with just farmlands will help sniff out canned/box food. They can be hidden in coat pockets. Make squeaky noise to alert you. They must be fully trained to stay away from other mouse. Rats are bigger than mouse and will kill them. Mouse can alert you of rats for food.

www.thespruce.com...

Not recommended horn animals, lizards, snakes, birds or any small aquatic creature like turtles.
Any animals with horns are design to use their horn as ramming for self defense. It can get bloody and they can get infect right away if it is a bio weapon zombie apocalypse. Reptiles will eat bugs, but you aren't sure if they are infected or not.

As for birds, they can just simply fly away from you and you can't do a thing about it. They are also very difficult to carry and you don't want them trapped in the house. Bird also eat bugs.

Possibility Whales, or Dolphin if you have a boat(if your a trainer). Though you must either have a large enough boat to farm vegetation or find an island so you can farm or scavenge. Their main defense is tail whip(like pokemon
) No seriously, they can whip a zombie off deck if close enough. Are they smart enough to not eat zombies? Possible. That we are not sure about as no zombie films prove anything on whales/dolphins. I'm pretty sure zombie whales cannot communicate with non-zombies as they are proven facts that whales can communicate with each other.

So I guess we mammals are the smartest ones huh? Reptiles, birds and fish = no go.

edit on 9-3-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Without question.

Best of luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I think Michonne had it sussed.

The best pet is a Zombie after some dental work.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Wasn't there a scene in TWD where a horse got taken down by the zombies? I realize that the show is not a 'how to' of zombie apocalypse scenarios of course!

I do believe that even in a SHTF situation that everything needs to have a purpose. Is there a way to keep chickens quiet?
That would be a good case except that I don't care for eggs but in an extreme situation OR someone cooks them for me for breakfast...YUM (bleh! smiley face)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Bears are omnivores. Just thought I would throw that out there

Possibility Whales, or Dolphin if you have a boat(if your a trainer). Though you must either have a large enough boat to farm vegetation or find an island so you can farm or scavenge.

Why would you have one of these as a pet? what use are they? Besides maybe hunting fish if you live by the ocean or on an island, in which case youre probably not going to have to worry about zombies, or feeding the damn dolphin they can hunt for themselves.

Just really confused by this post, but its a fun idea
edit on 9-3-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I would probably carry around a bunch of sea monkeys in a gallon sized ziplock baggy.
Eat a few and then just sit back and watch them monkey around for a while.
Maybe trade a few sea monkeys for a bottle of whiskey here and there.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Honey badger? More like Zombie Badger. Why I didn't include carnivores. Spreading the infection by eating raw meat. I also didn't include any animals that will bite for defense(except mouse unless they are trained that way). Any bloody conflict from zombie to animals can get it infected. The less blood the better. Kangaroo can kick and run.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

The way the bears defensive attack can easily get it infected just by biting zombies. Unless some how the bear can be trained to avoid raw meat and no bite for attacks. I doubt it can prevent itself from turning.

Though I could add Panda to the list, but we don't really know how Pandas going to survive in a zombie apocalypse.

Whale/dolphins are actually protector of humanity from the oceans. Have you not seen many cases of whales saving human from drowning? A pet whale following you can get a pack to help you survive. Heck you can actually become a new aquaman. Don't underestimate whales. Maybe whales can lead us to an island with no zombies.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The adjective matters not. Perhaps the Honey Badger will be resistant to the virus.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
a reply to: SailorJerry

The way the bears defensive attack can easily get it infected just by biting zombies. Unless some how the bear can be trained to avoid raw meat and no bite for attacks. I doubt it can prevent itself from turning.

Though I could add Panda to the list, but we don't really know how Pandas going to survive in a zombie apocalypse.

Who says that it transfers across species? The only zombie movie i have ever seen where it transferred to animals was the one about the underground facility.

Otherwise most movies dont have it doing that.
edit on 9-3-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I would probably carry around a bunch of sea monkeys in a gallon sized ziplock baggy.
Eat a few and then just sit back and watch them monkey around for a while.
Maybe trade a few sea monkeys for a bottle of whiskey here and there.

I have been scammed on sea monkeys before.

Not this time.

I'll go with a labrador retriever.
edit on 2018-03-09T22:52:52-06:002201809America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have a pet double barrel sixteen gauge and a pump twelve gauge. Good for zombies. I actually do not have many shells for either of them though, maybe I should get a few in case an angry partridge comes around.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I'd go for an owl. Silent fliers, can see dead flesh miles away, nocturnal. They eat pests like rodents. Yeah, definitely an owl.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Get a goose,nazis use to use them as guard "gooses" . I've had a few and they were louder than my guard dogs,and yes....they do attack.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: sine.nomine

Get a goose,nazis use to use them as guard "gooses" . I've had a few and they were louder than my guard dogs,and yes....they do attack.

Yeah. Geese will attack and are loud.
They also # like a goose.

I will go with a lab and 6 geese.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
And a owl.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I personally welcome our new zombie overlords.

Or to use the PC term, "Undead Americans".

But if I had to have pets, it'd be a stable of "Bronies".

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And that's why I like you so much, even tough you have such far out opinions on certain things from my point of view.
If I could I would get a bunch of super noble mares.
But I really love like you said it.
*giggles
*fangirl clumsy giggly exit

xoxo 🐎
I can show you pictures. You wanna see pictures?
edit on 10-3-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Zombies are characters in horror genre.

My cat does a decent job waking me up from nightmares.

Now that she's old,
when I fall asleep watching sci-fi horror movies,
she climbs up my leg,
all claws out,
into my lap,
rather than jumping into my lap.
That still wakes me up.

But you see, it's not me
It's not my family
In your head, in your head, they are fightin'
With their tanks, and their bombs
And air bombs, and their guns
In your head, in your head, they are cryin'

In your head, in your head
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie

And the balance:

A ballad written by Bobby Sands:

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
Neither wind nor rain care of bravery
Twenty years have gone by and I’ve ended my bond
My comrades’ ghosts walk beside me
Well a rebel I came and sure I’ll die the same
On a cold winter’s night you will find me.

edit on 10-3-2018 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Many many piglets. I do think the power of bacon will help me I will use them as bait or a distraction and if the zombies do not like bacon at least I will have lots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join