It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grammarly a new Google spelling and writing AP helps posts greatly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Me fail English? that's unpossible!

If there is ever a CME and the grid gets knocked out, who will take up the ink and quill? I'm nearly 34 years old and I see friends whose hand writing is indistinguishable from a ten year old writing a note on a birthday card.

I will admit that I am not the greatest wordsmith, but if or when society crumbles we need a back up plan.
edit on 10-3-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

i know someone in the oval office who could use this.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I hear good education helps even better.

That would technically be "I hear A good education would help even better."

However, English is my third language so I could be quite wrong.

To the OP... I was not aware of the app... thank you for sharing and I will try it out!

It’s really good, believe me. It will tremendously improve posting errors, pronunciation, and spelling

I don't have anything on my cheap Lenovo tablet... An it underlines mistakes in red... Right click it... It shows correct spelling with alternates as well.

*Many of us compose lengthy or important threads and replies off this site... Then cut and paste in when it's right.... And has been auto-corrected....

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well, its not new as I used it for online classes I was enrolled in several years ago, around 9 years ago. Excellent for writing citations in the various formats they require. Instructors use Grammerly to identify plagiarism. Maybe Google recently bought it but it's been around awhile.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's a good tool. Especially for long blocks of text.

People think that grammatical mistakes or mistypes are an indication of miseducation, but it's not. It's actually normal and extremely common, and the reason proofreading and edit features are necessary.

Grammarly helps catch what you would have otherwise missed.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

lol

Is this 4 me?

everything has its reason and reason is everything

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

I installed this. And the FF plugin, but it makes quoting a post on here impossible, and seems to bork the text edit box.

Huh? So it still has bugs that make it useless on popular forum platforms (and Facebook, I'm told). Their tech department basically said it was too difficult to fix when I reported this years ago on behalf of my phpBB forum users. I wonder if Google will try harder. Not that I intend to use it...

As Cymru says, halve* the fun of ATS is it's* member's* whom* hav'nt* quiet* mastered...
edit on 10-3-2018 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a new spelling, and writing app from Google is a great aid to posting here. Install it and it really helps with grammar and spelling of your posts.

Perhaps people should just learn spelling and grammar. I mean, it *was* taught all throughout school.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I hear good education helps even better.

That’s only if you’re educated.

But "Never let your education get in the way of your learning" Mark Twain

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
am de-googled no way in hell am I going to install or use any google # .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join