It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Manufacturing Isn't Dwindling Away

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: amazing

It's funny isn't it? We've heard for years on this board from members that the freemarket is the best system and that competition is good..... except when it doesn't suit their narrative.

The market wasn't free before Trump's steel tariffs.
You really need to go away and do some serious study before creating threads you clearly know nothing about.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Explain to me how government action, not limited to protectionist policies for certain industries, contribute to a freer market? The answer is pretty simple - it doesn't.

Not much different to Trumps actions in protecting coal and other old industries by attacking renewables.

You want to talk about the freemarket system? Maybe you should do some reading first and reassess where you stand then come back to me, k?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: UKTruth

Explain to me how government action, not limited to protectionist policies for certain industries, contribute to a freer market? The answer is pretty simple - it doesn't.

Not much different to Trumps actions in protecting coal and other old industries by attacking renewables.

You want to talk about the freemarket system? Maybe you should do some reading first and reassess where you stand then come back to me, k?

Perhaps you can try and at least understand that when a market is not free in the first place, it is rather futile to pretend that it is and operate as if it is. You might also like to consider that the idea of a global free market is completely nonsensical unless all countries operate on a similar basis. These two simple concepts, if you take the time to understand them, will lead to much enlightenment - and perhaps stop you embarrassing yourself by reposting phony liberal talking points.
edit on 10/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join