It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot fired in brawl over parking spot near [University of Cincinnati] campus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: SlapMonkey

shot at over a parking space. THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO IT.

# a brick you people are retarded.
They were shot at because they were attacking her. An attack that put her in the hospital. What would you do when two people attack you? Roundhouse kick em?

Actually, I could. But if I had mah guns......

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

WWJSD?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

blah blah blah, you admit you didn't read or have all the facts and have been hell bent on stating the little old lady was attacked by two humongous thugs.

Heres the deal. Your attitude and your guns are the problem. End of.

shoot the postman for not delivering you mail properly... I mean god damnit, it's my prerogative to shoot at anyone for anything. he was attacking my letterbox the wrong way. criminal. I am JUDGE JURY AND EXECUTIONER round these here parts.

*strokes beard*

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Having lived here my whole life, I'm disappointed yet again however not surprised.

-Alee

Disappointed in what, that someone had the right to defend themselves against two "very brutal" attackers, or that two people would attack someone over a little ol' parking space?

That two people would attack someone over a parking space.

I'm all for defending yourself by any means necessary. I think some gun laws are too lax, but I don't know enough to really say my opinion carries much weight.

That's another conversation in it'self but yes- I'm tired of all the petty BS fights that go on around here. I had a girl tell me she was gonna drag me out of my car once at a red light after she almost hit me and I lightly honked to let her know to wake up. We sat through 5 red lights, everyone behind me was laughing etc... and then going around when they could.

She's screaming at me her friend is out of the car, they're both going nuts finally she says "I'm gonna drag you out of your car" I was so fed up I just unlocked it and opened the door got out and said "Here you don't even have to drag me now" That girl and her friend were both 3 times my size. I was fairly certain I was going to spend the night in the hospital after my body was scraped off Oakley square. Luckily for me they both just got back in their car. I say lucky for me because I was prepared to use my knife and I wasn't sure if it was going to end up getting used on me or if I was successful in defending myself what was going to happen. I didn't own a handgun, and I still don't.

I don't wish these scenarios on anyone especially under such petty effing circumstances. People need to grow up. I don't even honk at people any more, they almost hit me, I move. They drive off the road, I let the crashing of their car wake them up. I highly doubt that whole argument and waste of time was worth anything to any of the three of us *or her kids in the backseat* and I really doubt it was worth anyone's time to those 3 girls from the OP.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Ever been caught lacking?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

" But you didn't say god bless you when I sneezed... Your getting off light!"

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I assumed that was what you were referencing, considering all of the petty crap that we see on the news every. single. night. coming out of Cincinnati, I just wanted to make sure.

Hey, if you're ever interested and my martial arts school puts on some straight-blade or karambit seminars (which I think is going to happen this summer), I'll let you know so that you can get some actual combative training using your knife...I would hate to hear about you getting it used on you when you are the one producing the weapon.

Good rule of thumb is to never carry a weapon with which you have not formally trained (and maintained the training).

I'm sorry that you have to go through with that. That's why I live south of Florence...less stupidity to deal with.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What a great movie.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

blah blah blah, you admit you didn't read or have all the facts and have been hell bent on stating the little old lady was attacked by two humongous thugs.

Wrong, I have cited the attackers ages and nothing more about them.

And yes, I admit that we don't have all the facts, I have said that since the start of this thread, or at least implied it. Is there a point in that assertion of yours?

Heres the deal. Your attitude and your guns are the problem. End of.

Oh, you solved it! Quick, tell all of the criminals of the world that they're good people, it's the law-abiding gun owners who are the problem.

shoot the postman for not delivering you mail properly... I mean god damnit, it's my prerogative to shoot at anyone for anything. he was attacking my letterbox the wrong way. criminal. I am JUDGE JURY AND EXECUTIONER round these here parts.

*strokes beard*

Your ability to jettison all logic in your emotionally charged rants is something to covet.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Calhoun? They should try to get a parking spot close to Bogarts when a good show is going on. Parking is bad anywhere near campus most of the time. And I can’t tell you how many times that I have almost been hit around that McDonalds on Martin Luther King. There is a small wreck near there almost every day.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It's a parking spot, Kaylaluv, not the last dose of, say, a life-saving medication that all three people involved needed.

That’s right. It’s just a parking space. An argument ensued before it came to blows. The argument would have been enough to make me say, “screw it, you can have it”.

Would you also advocate that the kid in the cafeteria at school get up and move to a different lunch table because two bullies got mad at him for sitting there, and if they started kicking his ass, it would be his fault for not moving?

You’re right. He should have brought a gun to school so he could shoot it and scare them off.

See, you think the problem was caused by the parking space. The problem was actually two agressive people who felt like they should get their way. Why couldn’t they have just walked away? I wonder why you don’t put that onus on them? You think they would just give up once you agreed to placate them. But that is not how these people work. Once they get over on one person, they expect more from the next. Haven’t you ever heard you should stand up to people who are attacking you? Do you not understand why you’re supposed to stand up to people like this?
edit on 9-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is the second parking lot attack in as much as a week making national news-how many others? What the heck is going on, people that on edge?

"63-year-old critically injured after fight over handicap parking spot"

BARROW COUNTY, Ga. - Investigators are considering criminal charges after an argument over a parking spot left a Barrow County man in critical condition.

Investigators said the 63-year-old grandfather and his wife had just pulled into a handicapped parking spot, when a man in a truck next to them confronted them.

Arguing and shoving followed, then all the sudden Danny Payne was on the ground. He wasn't breathing and had a severe head injury.
Source
This was an argument over a disabled parking spot. The man remains in critical condition from a severe brain injury from the fall and going into cardiac arrest.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You do things your way, I'll do things mine.

I would have seen that the situation was escalating, and I would have left the parking space to them. No argument, no injuries, no shooting, no gun needed in this instance. Obviously you would have chosen to stay and get beat to the point you have to pull your gun to save yourself.

Yes, they are awful people and they were wrong for attacking her. But don't think for a minute that they have all of a sudden become meek and mild and sweet for the rest of their lives just because she used her gun. Animals are animals; they don't change.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You do things your way, I'll do things mine.

I would have seen that the situation was escalating, and I would have left the parking space to them. No argument, no injuries, no shooting, no gun needed in this instance. Obviously you would have chosen to stay and get beat to the point you have to pull your gun to save yourself.

Yes, they are awful people and they were wrong for attacking her. But don't think for a minute that they have all of a sudden become meek and mild and sweet for the rest of their lives just because she used her gun. Animals are animals; they don't change.
I would have tried to de-escalate the situation, if i’d thought there was a chance. If that wasn’t an option, and I were being attacked by two people to the point where I thought I should pull my firearm, I most certainly would. The police have already reached this conclusion and have deemed this to be a proper use of a firearm. In this situation I fully agree with them.

The problem I have with your position is that you are putting the Blame on the responsible gun owning citizen for not having enough foresight To let the parking space go. When in reality the problem is that these two people attacked her because she happened to get the parking space first. They attacked her.

I think we agree, that if everybody just got along, the world would be a much better place. But the simple truth is that people will attack you. You don’t have to provoke it, you don’t even have to understand it, the possibility is there, and it happens to people every day. Those who arm themselves Are in a better position to protect themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

We don't actually know who got the space first - the articles don't specify - not that it makes it alright for them to attack her either way - just saying.

One can always find examples of guns "saving the day" - I just don't happen to think this is the best one, because I think it could have been avoided.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

We don't actually know who got the space first - the articles don't specify - not that it makes it alright for them to attack her either way - just saying.

One can always find examples of guns "saving the day" - I just don't happen to think this is the best one, because I think it could have been avoided.

By your definition they could all be avoided if I just stay at home and don’t ever speak up or try to do something that someone else wants to do. If I just let everyone step on me I can totally stay out of trouble

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

If you’re outnumbered, and they appear to be very aggressive, it’s best to let it go. That’s just common sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

If you’re outnumbered, and they appear to be very aggressive, it’s best to let it go. That’s just common sense.
And what if they won’t let it go? I brought up this point a few posts ago?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The argument was about the parking space. They wanted the space. Give up the space and drive away. Argument is over. They don't have much choice but to let it go once you have driven away.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The argument was about the parking space. They wanted the space. Give up the space and drive away. Argument is over. They don't have much choice but to let it go once you have driven away.
you are assuming that she had a chance to get away And you were putting the culpability on the victim. What part of “ she was attacked” is giving you trouble. Does it matter that this was over a parking space? What if this was two dudes trying to rape her?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join