It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When grandstanding on guns goes wrong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: operation mindcrime

The letter of the law is more important than the spirit in a nation with an estimated more-than 350-million firearms in possession of its citizenry.

If we start (well, continue) picking and choosing when laws apply, that is a recipe for more corruption and a lack of respect for the laws by an increasing number of people.

So the problem is with the people and their inability to use their own sense?

I always compare it with a pedestrian, in the middle of the night at an abandoned crossing with clear sight in all four directions. Not a car coming but the letter of the laws says you should wait for the light to turn green before crossing.

Some people need this, some people get infuriated by this kind of authority.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Meh, she immediately handed it over to the police. I don't think the bite on the ass is going to be anything major, if there is a bite at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

So the problem is with the people and their inability to use their own sense?

That's always the problem in established societies, which is why law and enforcement of the laws matters.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Haha haha omh.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Love me some schadenfreude haha

epic.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Oh and dude in the land where you dont need to register them.. aint ever visiting there.

That is the bulk of the USA you know. Jurisdictions with registration requirements are the exception, not the rule. No need to give gun grabbers a national list for easy confiscation.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
So, in a fit of virtue signalling against "weapons of war", her campaign of "destroy the black scary gun" political grandstanding bit her in the ass. Wonder if they have any more guns and if so, why didn't they destroy all of them?

... and don't forget AR stands for "assault rifle" [ eyeroll ]

Did I miss any of the buzzwords?

Yeah you did, you missed,

"Lock her up!!"

lol. like the bonehead smashing his phone coz Trump. Bit her in the ass. Good.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: neo96yep

those are 299 now in Texas....$299.00 dollars plus tax....crazy gun dealer in Alvaredo ....ft. worth like

I don't live in Texas.

Don't forget.

You get what you pay for.

Truth. There's a reason gangbangers are always missing and hitting innocent kids in their house studying. No training and they buy #ty guns with lousy accuracy. Sadly, one of the effects of all the regulation is to make guns more expensive, pricing out the poorest people who need them the most. Crime is more prevalent in poor neighborhoods, and most of those people simply can't afford to own a gun.

They use illegal auto's with very short barrels. Like the Macs. 32 rnd clips.

2.5-3"

It's only good for cleaning out a room/close quarters.

Can't hit anything at 20 yards. Fun to shoot but so are 30mm anti aircraft guns.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I'm sure this happens occasionally, but I'm sure you're aware it's incredibly rare for automatic weapons to be used in a crime. Most of them have semi-autos. They're just cheap, poorly maintained and none of these idiots practice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join